"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

We got home yesterday from a few days in the parks and attended 9/16 party. It was myself, 33yo and 29 weeks pregnant, and 2 DD ages 7 & 8.
we ended up with 15 pounds of candy close to 400 pieces.

Was told at town square that allergy candy left at 1215 and to go to town hall. Walked in to about 1/2 dozen guests with allergy bags and a CM telling a small group of them to go to TS and I informed them that I had just walked across the street and was told to come to TH. When it was my turn he took my bag, asked for allergy and when he returned said “I hope applesauce is gluten free”. I heard another CM tell a guest that the park had been closed for an hour (if the show is happening how is the park closed) and that there were slim pickings. I spoke to a CM at CBR about it (asking who I should speak to about it) and she was appalled that we were told that and given so little. I’m going to call global guest services because it isn’t anywhere on the bag or map that there is a time limit on token exchange and people stopping at TS or TH on their way out after the show makes sense and they shouldn’t be punished for enjoying the party to the fullest. I’m concerned more for the future party guests with allergies who may have the same plan to exchange tokens later. So for now, err on the side of caution and exchange tokens early in the night.

Woof!!! What an amazing post! Thank you :thumbsup2

If I am reading the website correctly and if its working properly, there are no tickets available for October 18, 19, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31.

I got on there to buy my ticket for this Saturday and was curious if there were any sold out.

Any update on the apple glow cubes?

Sorry, not yet. We were at the resort at 3 but the bar doesn’t open til 4, and we have a late dinner at ohana tonight so won’t be back until after it closes. I’m hoping we can stop in tomorrow—I’m sorry! The bar’s hours are more limited than I realized.

If I am reading the website correctly and if its working properly, there are no tickets available for October 18, 19, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31.

I got on there to buy my ticket for this Saturday and was curious if there were any sold out.

They are showing available for me.

Still in the fence about the party but if we go it will be on 10/11. Putting together an itinerary to see if it’s worth it or if we should just stay on the beach and enjoy the calm.

For the fireworks it seems there are castle projections but from what I spotted on YouTube they’re pretty tame, nothing like HEA. Is that true?

For the person asking about DVC early entry - I

I’ve been thinking since I posted this. I don’t know if a DVC member who already got their party wristband can come back out of the park and get a non-dvc member in before 2:00. If they were allowed to do that, then they could get 7 (I think that’s the number) people in, then exit the park 5 minutes later and get another 7 people in, and repeat.

I just don’t know what the rule is.

I would think that is probably the case. Since most CM’s at turnstiles have IPads, they probably make an entry in the DVC member’s profile when he enters early. Personally, I’m helping out a few members at 2 on the two days that I’m attending a Party. There’s no way that someone could talk me into coming out of the Park at a later time to get them in the Park early, unless they wanted to reimburse me and my son for our tickets (to keep this hypothetical situation within the DIS rules guidelines, I’d refuse the money). If I can help out any other members here for my 2 dates at the end of October, I’ll post 2 days before the event, tell them where to meet me and give them my phone number and have them call me before 2. That’s the extent of my generosity.

Still in the fence about the party but if we go it will be on 10/11. Putting together an itinerary to see if it’s worth it or if we should just stay on the beach and enjoy the calm.

For the fireworks it seems there are castle projections but from what I spotted on YouTube they’re pretty tame, nothing like HEA. Is that true?

The projections are limited to a few Halloween shapes at times and castle accent lighting changes, for the most part.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I read the first few posts about the party. What dress is Belle in with Gaston?

I just have a few pieces of advice. I prefer to watch the first parade. Many reasons for this. I think it can take just as long to get a front row spot for the first as for the second depending on crowds. That last hour of the party can be much better for riding rides and meeting characters. If there is any rain in the forecast I would definitely be sure to see the first.

What I would do is watch the first parade from in front of the train station on main street. For some reason those spots stay open longer. When the last float is coming, I would then beat the crowd into Mickey's Theater to meet Mickey, that should have a very short or non-existent wait. Then, depending on the time you could head to get your fireworks spot. While waiting for the parade, or on the way there, that would also be a good time to get your sorcerer's card in case they aren't handing them out when you enter early.

I would not try to do things before getting in line for Jack and Sally. That line will grow very quickly around 4.

You can reuse your magic bands from other trips.

You do have a lot on your plan. I think it's ok to keep it, just pick two or three must dos and don't be too upset if you can't get to absolutely everything. You should be able to get plenty of magic shots, just be sure you know where they all are. Maybe write out a little piece of paper with a list and locations (@FoxC63 keeps a fantastic list of these) and then you won't forget any.

Thank you so much that is great info to have! I am in the middle of reading through the thread to see if I can pick up any more tips!

What time do people start waiting for fireworks in the grass in front of Casey's? Party nights and non party nights? Is it super packed/crammed in?

I think it was @Best Aunt who originally let the cat out of the bag! ;) Good to see so many confirmations and have additional places to view them! :thumbsup2

I found a spot where I enjoyed watching the fireworks during the first party, and have mentioned it here to help people going to later parties.

I shall Obliviate all of you in November so that nobody is in My Spot if I go next year.

I want to mention this because I was told this by another party attendee at the party and found it not to be true.
While we were waiting in line for the hatbox ghost pic, a couple in front of us told us that if we wanted a headless horseman pic to do it right away because they stop taking the pic as soon as the party ends right at midnight. They claimed to have tried to get the pic after the party another night and were turned away.

We decided to stay for the last Sanderson sisters show and weren’t expecting to get that pic, but on the way out we saw the line for the horseman still going and we got out shot around 12:40 AM on our way out. And the lines were still going strong!

I don’t know if it was a fluke for them not getting the pic, if they had been misinformed, or if it was a fluke for us.

Where do the Zootopia characters start their part of the parade? I was planning to watch from Frontierland, but my daughter loves the Zootopia chars.
They are on main street. They come out to help pass the time as it takes 20 minutes for the parade to get there......frontier land i heard they do a costume parade

I want to mention this because I was told this by another party attendee at the party and found it not to be true.
While we were waiting in line for the hatbox ghost pic, a couple in front of us told us that if we wanted a headless horseman pic to do it right away because they stop taking the pic as soon as the party ends right at midnight. They claimed to have tried to get the pic after the party another night and were turned away.

We decided to stay for the last Sanderson sisters show and weren’t expecting to get that pic, but on the way out we saw the line for the horseman still going and we got out shot around 12:40 AM on our way out. And the lines were still going strong!

I don’t know if it was a fluke for them not getting the pic, if they had been misinformed, or if it was a fluke for us.

I was told photopass available till 1am

Thank you so much that is great info to have! I am in the middle of reading through the thread to see if I can pick up any more tips!

Feel free to tag me in a post if you need any more specific info. In case you never tagged sometime before, do the @ symbol, don't skip any spaces then start typing the posters name. A prepopulated list should eventually come up after so many letters are entered and your can select from there.

What time do people start waiting for fireworks in the grass in front of Casey's? Party nights and non party nights? Is it super packed/crammed in?

I've been able to walk up about 15 minutes before start and find a spot before. Though keep in mind the party attendance factors in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter