"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked the dec 4 and dec 6 parties for my wife and I. We want to experience everything we can in the parties as this is our first time. Were we right in doing 2 parties so we can make sure not to miss some of the exclusive stuff like the meet and greets and the show and fireworks? Expensive to do it twice but we are hoping we were smart to book 2 as everything we’ve seen and heard is that it’s nearly impossible to get everything done in one party.
We(two adults in fifties)did two parties last year, 17 th and I think 22nd of December, we also did the garden plaza fireworks desert party for Dec 17 th so we could get a good view of Holiday Wishes, and we will absolutely be doing this again this year.
Definetly a good idea to do two parties if you can- for the first party we got a spot in front of the castle around 7 to watch Anna and Elsa, Mickeys Most Merriest Celebration, which by the way is my absolute favourite, then we watched the Parade and hot footed it over to the Plaza Garden in readiness for the fireworks.
The second party we walked around fantasyland, had pictures taken with Santa Goofy, collected cookies and came back to the hub for the stage show and parade again.Then we went back to Fantasyland to soak up the atmosphere and caught the fireworks from the bridge near Cosmic Rays, didn’t enjoy them as much from there though.

You will not regret it we have been coming to Disney for twenty years last year was our first Christmas( we are from the U.K.) and it was just magical.

For those planning to do Destination D, did they have any events, even a VIP event, on Friday night? I thought I had read that they did, but I can't find it now. I am trying to decide if I want to do the Thursday or Friday night party. Thanks

I'm planning on attending Destination D and bought my tickets for the Friday party. According to the schedule for 2016 (post 132), there wasn't much going on on Friday night.

ETA: I guess there was a VIP event at AK for those who purchased the VIP pass (which I'm not doing).

Last edited:
Is it worth it to get tickets for the last night even though I'll be there during Christmas week?

I would say no because you'll be able to see the Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes during regular park hours after the last party. If you're interested in meeting rare characters like the dwarves, though, then it might be worth it.

I don't know because I keep thinking I don't want to use up party time--but if you count from 4 the party's EIGHT hours long, so I guess we should probably eat...

But the party events don't start until 7, so eating between 4 and 7 would be a good strategy.

Definetly a good idea to do two parties if you can- for the first party we got a spot in front of the castle around 7 to watch Anna and Elsa, Mickeys Most Merriest Celebration, which by the way is my absolute favourite, then we watched the Parade and hot footed it over to the Plaza Garden in readiness for the fireworks.

So for one party you basically lived in the hub?

We're doing two parties too and I don't know how best to try and split activities for each one. Also debating whether or not to do a dessert party to take stress away from reserving a fireworks spot, but if there's lots to see in the hub one after another anyway I'm not sure it'll be worth it?

We are visiting from Australia in December and wish to go to either the Dec 11 or Dec 13 party.
Will these sell out quickly?
I would be much easier to book online than over the phone so trying to wait for the online sales but bit concerned if they sell out beforehand.
Thanks.

We are visiting from Australia in December and wish to go to either the Dec 11 or Dec 13 party.
Will these sell out quickly?
I would be much easier to book online than over the phone so trying to wait for the online sales but bit concerned if they sell out beforehand.
Thanks.

They won’t sell out until much closer to the date. You’ll be ok to wait until they release them online.

So for one party you basically lived in the hub?

We're doing two parties too and I don't know how best to try and split activities for each one. Also debating whether or not to do a dessert party to take stress away from reserving a fireworks spot, but if there's lots to see in the hub one after another anyway I'm not sure it'll be worth it?
Yes, we got a spot on the kerb right in front of the castle about 7; we watched Anna and Elsa light the castle, the Very Merry Christmas show, then turned round to face down Maine Street and watched the Parade . We felt like we had prime viewing for those three things before the Dessert Party for Holiday Wishes. We were at Disney for two weeks anyway (12/16-12/30) so had plenty of opportunity to do the usual stuff, and the hub stuff was our main focus of the party. We aren’t interested in meeting any of the characters apart from Santa Goofy, ( who we also meet the following week in HS).
I couldn’t imagine standing in ques for several hours to see The Seven Dwarves etc, but people do the parties for different reasons. We didn’t stand in ques for cookies etc either as we knew we were going to the Dessert Party, which is so worth it for the space, it was extremely crowded around the Hub and we did see a couple of ‘scuffles’ over the two nights we were there.
Also, for the rest of the time we were there, Holiday Wishes was never shown on non-party nights but we did catch the Christmas Parade through the day towards the end of our holiday.

Any experience from families with 4 year olds? We’ll be there in December with our 2 and 4 year old. Our 2 year old is easy and sleeps when she is tired so I can see her passing out in baby carrier or stroller during party if she can’t stay awake. Just wondering how my 4 year old would do! There’s extra characters roaming around correct? He loves snacks too

Any experience from families with 4 year olds? We’ll be there in December with our 2 and 4 year old. Our 2 year old is easy and sleeps when she is tired so I can see her passing out in baby carrier or stroller during party if she can’t stay awake. Just wondering how my 4 year old would do! There’s extra characters roaming around correct? He loves snacks too

I've done none of the parties. This will be our first one. But I think it depends on the kid. I don't think I would have ever taken my son at 4 years old. My daughter has always been a night owl and a party animal. She would've be fine at 4 years old.

Last edited:
I've done one of the parties. This will be our first one. But I think it depends on the kid. I don't think I would have ever taken my son at 4 years old. My daughter has always been a night owl and a party animal. She would've be fine at 4 years old.
Hmm okay thanks for the advice. My 4 year old is a morning person but I thought maybe he’d enjoy it. The time may be just too much of a change for him since he usually goes to bed pretty early. Maybe we’ll wait until next trip! The good news is my youngest is much better at night

Hmm okay thanks for the advice. My 4 year old is a morning person but I thought maybe he’d enjoy it. The time may be just too much of a change for him since he usually goes to bed pretty early. Maybe we’ll wait until next trip! The good news is my youngest is much better at night

That was meant to say "I've done none of the parties." So I'm basing my answer on no experience! lol Just by knowing my kids. I just know my son would've been over the parks by 8 pm at 4 years old. DD would have went until 1 am with no problem.

The characters aren’t exactly roaming around, you have to wait in line to see them. You can see some of the outside meets as you walk by.

I took my newly turned 6yo last year and she did great and was excited to stay up until midnight - she has more energy than we do ;-). I don’t know how she would have done at 4yo.

As pp said, depends on the kid.

FWIW, I didn’t have the greatest experience last year. It was waaaaay more crowded than I was prepared for. And I was prepared for a big crowd. That said, I’m glad I did it. But not sure we will again.

We did the shows, a couple characters, and a couple rides. Only did one treat station because all the lines were so long and we just couldn’t deal with another line (the treat lines move fast though)

I'm planning on attending Destination D and bought my tickets for the Friday party. According to the schedule for 2016 (post 132), there wasn't much going on on Friday night.

ETA: I guess there was a VIP event at AK for those who purchased the VIP pass (which I'm not doing).

I am debating doing the VIP thing as a birthday present for myself. It depends when tickets go on sale. We might be on a shore excursion on a cruise, so I may not have internet access right when they go up. It looks like that Thursday and Friday didn't sell out last year, so I think I will wait until we know more. Thanks

No experience, but we will be there with our 4.5 and 2.5 year old this year, who currently go to bed at 8:30 and 7:30. We're planning to watch all of the earliest shows, hit up the "free" treats and then I'm hoping they will fall asleep in the stroller just after Wishes and my husband and I can still hang out at the party and see some of the later shows or take turns on rides. We are going to stay out late the night before in hopes the late bedtime will help them sleep in a bit that morning.

Now that the dates for the parties have been announced, when can we expect to see the Park Hours schedule for December?

Since I've never been I have no idea how to plan this evening. We aren't going to be ride focused. We want to see the castle lighting, dance parties, the show on the castle stage, parade, fireworks and my one must do is to see 7 dwarves.

I think from 4-5 we may ride a ride or two. Get QS and be in line for 7 dwarves by 5:30. Is that too late to be line for them?

What is everyone's strategy that has been there before?

Since I've never been I have no idea how to plan this evening. We aren't going to be ride focused. We want to see the castle lighting, dance parties, the show on the castle stage, parade, fireworks and my one must do is to see 7 dwarves.

I think from 4-5 we may ride a ride or two. Get QS and be in line for 7 dwarves by 5:30. Is that too late to be line for them?

What is everyone's strategy that has been there before?

It will still be somewhat busy, especially at 7DMT, until they usher out the day guests at 6pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter