"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This we be our second trip at Christmas time! Can you all tell me about the holiday dessert party? In February we did the garden view dessert party and it was a great time. Is this the exact same fireworks and desserts? I don't think I would wanna pay again if it's the same show. Would love to see some pics and reviews from last year.
No, there is a special fireworks show during MVMCP (Holiday Wishes) and most of the desserts are Christmas themed. Last year they had miniature versions of all the specialty desserts being sold at the party.
ABAAE98B-7A91-471D-BB21-96364B318BEC.jpeg

November 8th is the first MVMCP. Do you think it will one of the most crowded ones? I have the choice of the 8th, 9th and maybe the 12th if I can get a later flight out on the 13th.

November 8th is the first MVMCP. Do you think it will one of the most crowded ones? I have the choice of the 8th, 9th and maybe the 12th if I can get a later flight out on the 13th.

It won't be around Christmas crowded but there will definitely be a nice crowd of people wanting to get it and see everything first. There will probably be a lot of vlogger, bloggers, and other -oggers there to get information and party tips and details out before the rest of the parties really get rolling.

I would do the 9th or the 12th if your schedule allows it but that is just my personal opinion. I always feel like the first and last of anything is going to be more crowded because people are either excited it's starting or trying to get in before it ends lol.

If you had your choice of days to go to a party which one would you pick? December the 2nd week. We are there all week and I’m having a tough time deciding.

Last edited:

Any suggestions on what day I should go to the party? It's between Tuesday November 27th or Thursday the 29th. Not sure if crowds are better on a particular day

There are 2 parties, one with garden viewing (in front of the Plaza) and the other on the Tomorrowland Terrace.
Can you see the projections on the castle in either of these dessert party locations? It looks like tomorrowland terrace one is pretty far away and not a good view of the projections on the castle.

Can you see the projections on the castle in either of these dessert party locations? It looks like tomorrowland terrace one is pretty far away and not a good view of the projections on the castle.
I attended the Hallowishes dessert party last year in the Garden, and we could see the projections fine.

Any suggestions on what day I should go to the party? It's between Tuesday November 27th or Thursday the 29th. Not sure if crowds are better on a particular day

We were trying to decide between 11/27 and 11/29 as well. We decided to go on 11/25 the Sunday we got there.

Any ideas on whether they sell the same number of tickets for each party or if some nights have more tickets issued? We can go 12/11, 12/13, or 12/14. I think 12/14 will work best with our plans even though it's a Saturday, and the equivalent dates sold out last year anyway. I guess I'm wondering if the general concept of which days are busiest still applies to sell outs.

Still trying to decide between Sunday, December 16, and Tuesday, December 18. It's cheaper to go on Sunday, but that has been a sold-out date in the past and Tuesday has not been. A concern I have with Tuesday is that it's our last night at Disney. I know the party does not get cancelled, but we were at an MNSSHP party one year that had an unusual storm (5" of rain in one hour) and they were giving guests tickets to the next party later that week. Our problem is that we were leaving the next day. I'm sure that would be very unusual in December, so I'm probably worried for nothing. Any suggestions for which one I should choose?

Still trying to decide between Sunday, December 16, and Tuesday, December 18. It's cheaper to go on Sunday, but that has been a sold-out date in the past and Tuesday has not been. A concern I have with Tuesday is that it's our last night at Disney. I know the party does not get cancelled, but we were at an MNSSHP party one year that had an unusual storm (5" of rain in one hour) and they were giving guests tickets to the next party later that week. Our problem is that we were leaving the next day. I'm sure that would be very unusual in December, so I'm probably worried for nothing. Any suggestions for which one I should choose?

Just choose the one you want, then deal with whatever life may throw at you.

I have a question as I have not been to MVMCP since 2012. And I didn't really research about the party at the time as I was new to the DIS at that time. So, my question is I know they sell special party specific merchandise at the party, but do the sell special treats that you can't buy on a regular park day? I keep seeing all of these posts about the desserts and treats at the dessert party and I am not sure I want to book a dessert party if I can buy other treats that are just as special. I understand they may not be exactly the same but if they are still holiday specific treats I may not book a dessert party. We are only going for 4 days and one day is our MK day and MVMCP day so, I don't want to take up all of my time at a dessert party if I can just find a spot in front of the castle myself you know? We found great spots the last two times we went and my though is that MVMCP will be less crowded than a regular park day and somewhat easier to stake out a spot. So, what is your experience with the treats/desserts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter