"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't waste party time in a separately priced *special event*. There is plenty to do at the party without the dessert party, and yes there are special holiday desserts elsewhere. I wouldn't tell any one to do or not do it, because in my opinion every one should make up their own mind, but we have never had trouble getting good viewing spots for the fireworks, so to me just not worth it.

I won't waste party time in a separately priced *special event*. There is plenty to do at the party without the dessert party, and yes there are special holiday desserts elsewhere. I wouldn't tell any one to do or not do it, because in my opinion every one should make up their own mind, but we have never had trouble getting good viewing spots for the fireworks, so to me just not worth it.
Yes everyone is different and we all have different priorities. I think I will save it to try some other time when I am there much longer. I want to take a lot of pictures with characters during the party which will take up a lot of my party time. And I am interested in the Christmas time desserts/treats so that is also important to me. Thanks for your input.

If I didn't already book the dessert party for our party day am I out of luck? Haven't ever done either but sounds like fun! :)

Any ideas on whether they sell the same number of tickets for each party or if some nights have more tickets issued? We can go 12/11, 12/13, or 12/14. I think 12/14 will work best with our plans even though it's a Saturday, and the equivalent dates sold out last year anyway. I guess I'm wondering if the general concept of which days are busiest still applies to sell outs.

The 14th is a Friday, not a Saturday. As far as I know, they sell the same number of tickets for all parties, but Disney won't say how many that is. Friday night parties tend to be more crowded due to locals who don't have to worry about getting up early for school or work the next day.

What’s the latest you’d wait to buy tickets? Inside FP+ window too risky? We definitely want to attend but we are undecided between 2 dates and flight times and FP+ schedule would be the deciding factor. I have an idea on the flight times but that won’t be booked until closer to FP+ time. We’re looking at Tuesday or Friday.

What’s the latest you’d wait to buy tickets? Inside FP+ window too risky? We definitely want to attend but we are undecided between 2 dates and flight times and FP+ schedule would be the deciding factor. I have an idea on the flight times but that won’t be booked until closer to FP+ time. We’re looking at Tuesday or Friday.
Post #3 tells you when the parties sold out last year, but I would do the Tuesday one as Friday will bring locals but if it sells out, it really wont matter

Is it a good or bad idea to do an ADR before the party? I got a BOG dinner ADR on our party day at 4:40 pm. It fits great into our schedule except I wanted to meet the 7 Dwarves. I had planned to get in line around 5 for them. I have read that lines for them can get shorter the later into the night.

What would you recommend??

We arrive to WDW on black Friday and leave December 1st. I'm thinking the Sunday or Tuesday party, but wife has some vision in her head that ending our trip would be more magical ending with a party on Friday the 30th. Please inform me how Friday night crowds are at the parties? Which day would you chose?

I know that the official times for the events (fireworks, parades, etc.) have not yet been posted but when can we expect the parade to take place. I just realized that I booked the dessert party for 8:30 and I might miss the parade!

Any ideas on whether they sell the same number of tickets for each party or if some nights have more tickets issued? We can go 12/11, 12/13, or 12/14. I think 12/14 will work best with our plans even though it's a Saturday, and the equivalent dates sold out last year anyway. I guess I'm wondering if the general concept of which days are busiest still applies to sell outs.
I don’t know about amounts of tickets sold but we are going on 12/11. We went to a Halloween party on friday very early in the season last year and it was packed, so we are trying during the week.

Do you think there's much crowd difference on a Tuesday party vs. a Thursday party? Specifically 11/13 vs 11/15.

We have done a 2:45pm ADR and a 4:00pm ADR. It depends on your plans. The night we lined up to meet Moana, we ate @ 2:45, 1st in line @ 4pm, got wristbands around 3:50pm in Adventureland. The night we planned for more rides and a few M&G, 4pm @ BoG then rode 7DMT w/FP+, then got in line to meet the Princesses with Princes.

What time did Moana start meeting? Do we need to line up at 4? This is the most important character for my daughter to meet. I have never been to a party before so thanks for any help!

Do you think there's much crowd difference on a Tuesday party vs. a Thursday party? Specifically 11/13 vs 11/15.

I would think they would both be lower crowds. I will be at the 11/15 one. The only thing that I could think of that might increase crowds slightly for either Thursday, 11/15, or Friday, 11/16, is that Destination D starts Friday/Saturday. I don't know how many people will be coming in early for it. I don't think the events really get going too much on Friday, so people may opt for Friday instead of Thursday, if they are going to do the party.

What time did Moana start meeting? Do we need to line up at 4? This is the most important character for my daughter to meet. I have never been to a party before so thanks for any help!

I don't remember what time she starting meeting last year but we walked by around 4pm on our way to use a FP for Jingle Cruise and there was already a line of maybe 10-15 people. We went to line up for Nick and Judy after the ride and they came out right at 6pm.

I don't remember what time she starting meeting last year but we walked by around 4pm on our way to use a FP for Jingle Cruise and there was already a line of maybe 10-15 people. We went to line up for Nick and Judy after the ride and they came out right at 6pm.
Oh wow, thank you for the info!

I know that the official times for the events (fireworks, parades, etc.) have not yet been posted but when can we expect the parade to take place. I just realized that I booked the dessert party for 8:30 and I might miss the parade!

Anyone know the answer to my question? Watching the first parade is important to me. We fly out the next day and I don't want to stay up for the 11:00 pm-ish parade.

Anyone know the answer to my question? Watching the first parade is important to me. We fly out the next day and I don't want to stay up for the 11:00 pm-ish parade.

As far as I know there hasn't been any official schedule posted, so the best guess would be using last year's schedule which was as follows:

Castle Stage Show: 7:40, 9:25, 10:30, 11:55
Parade: 8:30, 11:00
Holiday Wishes: 10:00

You can see an image of the map/times guide from last year's party here:
https://wdwprepschool.com/wp-content/uploads/MVMCPmap2017.pdf

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter