"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was today too. My party day is 11/15, and I didn't get 7DMT FP either. I'll just try and do it during the party. It's just me, so I won't be too disappointed if I don't do it or it has a wait. I didn't get SDD for my DHS day (11/16) or husband/son's DHS day (11/18). I could have gotten a nighttime SDD for 11/18, but I think my husband and son want to just get there early do it and leave DHS. We will all just do it at rope drop on our days. I did get AS2 instead. It wasn't bad, but I would have preferred to get SDD. Our DHS days are early in our trip though. Got FOP, but we have done it before.

I was able to get SDD on 11/19 with no problems & later in trip too, same with FoP, no problems. EMH on 11/18 @ HS, so now contemplating doing that then leaving around 9:30am, I was able to get an ADR at Akershus for 10:30am but would lose my GG 8am ADR if we do EMH. Plan was early ADR ride Soarin & TT with relatively low waits, lunch ADR, then go to AK to experience that @ night. We love EP but spent a lot of time there on our last 3 trips, so we shall see.

Well we were in the process of planning a trip for Dec 1-5, but I didn't realize that is Pop Warner week and we booked at ASmovies. Should we completely abandon this idea?

Hey everyone!
Is there a day of the week that typically has the lowest party crowds? I think they tend to sell out these days!

We can go
Sunday 11/25 (Sunday after Thanksgiving)
Tuesday 11/27
Thursday 11/29
Sunday 12/2
Tuesday 12/4

Well we were in the process of planning a trip for Dec 1-5, but I didn't realize that is Pop Warner week and we booked at ASmovies. Should we completely abandon this idea?
We were there last year at that time. If you go the 1st to the 5th you shouldn't have a big problem in the parks because they are all still competing except Wed seems to be a by day for the cheerleaders. It is the resort you chose that is important. The All Stars will be swarming with children. I wouldn't stay at any of the All Stars or the mods they stay at. You can look at the Pop Warner website to find the information on where they stayed last year. They had a PDF with a list of hotels with rates for WDW. The only problem we had was with groups of cheerleaders in the parks on Wed and Thurs otherwise we didn't see them. We did have a group of cheerleaders cut in line in front of us but in true WDW fashion they didn't do anything about it. When I complained to GS we got one anytime FP for that park that day which was useless to us. So my advice is decide how much you want to go and if you can afford to not stay at the All Star resorts. The parks may or may not be impacted much. I know they do close one park early that week for them to have a party. I think it was Wed. I will never go during that week if it is mid to end of the week. I will be there this year at the beginning of Pop Warner but I don't expect any impact because I am staying at the Poly and I am leaving on Wed Dec 5th. I hope that helps.

Hey everyone!
Is there a day of the week that typically has the lowest party crowds? I think they tend to sell out these days!

We can go
Tuesday 11/27
Thursday 11/29
Sunday 12/2
Tuesday 12/4
We will be there at the same time. We chose 12/4 for our party day. Tuesdays are supposed to be less crowded and by then the Thanksgiving crowd is gone. Thursday 11/29 may work also.

We were there last year at that time. If you go the 1st to the 5th you shouldn't have a big problem in the parks because they are all still competing except Wed seems to be a by day for the cheerleaders. It is the resort you chose that is important. The All Stars will be swarming with children. I wouldn't stay at any of the All Stars or the mods they stay at. You can look at the Pop Warner website to find the information on where they stayed last year. They had a PDF with a list of hotels with rates for WDW. The only problem we had was with groups of cheerleaders in the parks on Wed and Thurs otherwise we didn't see them. We did have a group of cheerleaders cut in line in front of us but in true WDW fashion they didn't do anything about it. When I complained to GS we got one anytime FP for that park that day which was useless to us. So my advice is decide how much you want to go and if you can afford to not stay at the All Star resorts. The parks may or may not be impacted much. I know they do close one park early that week for them to have a party. I think it was Wed. I will never go during that week if it is mid to end of the week. I will be there this year at the beginning of Pop Warner but I don't expect any impact because I am staying at the Poly and I am leaving on Wed Dec 5th. I hope that helps.
That makes sense. Our only choice for resort will be movies and I think we may just go into it knowing it could be loud

Hey everyone!

We can go
Tuesday 11/27
Thursday 11/29
Sunday 12/2
Tuesday 12/4

You can view notes under Post #1 - Party Crowds. Post also includes link to Touring Plans Rankings on MVMCP based on crowds (believe based on ride wait times). Also, view on a Page 1, Post #3?, previous MVMCP threads which includes sold out parties & date parties sold out on in post. Typically 1st party after Thanksgiving sells out since no parties week of Thanksgiving.

It seems they usually have a bag of candy at MNSSHP and a bag of goodies at MVMCP. I don't think they have these bags at the normal food distribution spots.

So other than cookies and cocoa/cider, what other treats might we expect to receive? Im curious about these mysterious "bags o' goodies"! :listen::banana::magnify:

Not sure of confusion or question. Purchasing a MVMCP ticket allows you in the party @ 4pm with the actual party hours of 7pm-12am.

There are a few characters that will meet prior to 7pm (CMs will check for party wristbands) --- see Post #1. Free treats are are available from 7pm-12am, post #1 will be updated when released, see 2017 for last year's availability. There are also treats/desserts you can purchase, as well as, the Dessert Package (See Post #1). We typically eat at 2:30 @ CP because we are there until 1am. Sometime @ 4pm @ BoG. We do not eat during party (IMO, wasted time) except for stopping at the treat stations, but we need fuel (food) to last that long, so eat prior to party. If you plan to eat (TS meal) or want to attend the Dessert Party, yes ADRs are needed and the booking window is now open. Hope this helps!
We are going just for the party. I was reading tips and it mentioned ADRs and I thought it meant I had to purchase a dining or dessert package also.

So other than cookies and cocoa/cider, what other treats might we expect to receive? Im curious about these mysterious "bags o' goodies"! :listen::banana::magnify:

Last year in the bypass it was a Santa Sugar Cookie so not really a bag of goodies. And I think you can get the Santa Cookie at one of the Cookie stops. Then the stops had different cookies/snacks and a drink (pairings below):

snickerdoodles and hot cocoa
Santa Claus Cookie and a Snow Cone
Apple Cider and a selection of cookies
Peppermint Crunch Cookie and rich Nestle Chocolate Milk
Dove Chocolates and Sparkling Apple Cider
Egg Nog and Ginger Molasses Cookies
Sno-Cone and Snowman Soft Pretzel

All of that was last year's party and they seem to change some each year. I'm hoping they still have the soft pretzel...lol

Oh bummer. If you change your mind, I am going to the Dec 2 party and would love to meet you.
Dh is wanting to travel to a new state and I don’t blame him since we’ve already done Disney almost three times this year. Sorry we won’t be able to meet up!

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Cinderella Castle Holiday Dream Lights Installation Begins
https://chipandco.com/cinderella-castle-holiday-dream-lights-installation-begins-321501/

It might be Halloween season currently at the Magic Kingdom but there is some additional holiday magic going on! The installation of the iconic Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle is now underway to get the park ready for the upcoming Christmas season and MVMCP.

In 2018 “A Frozen Holiday Wish” will be performed nightly beginning on November 9 and run until the end of the year on December 31. The show is typically held at 7 pm to kick off the start of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party which is held on select nights beginning November 8.
Remind me please....does that mean that the Dream lights will not be turned on until 11/9? Or is that just the first night Elsa turns them on?

Lol I guess so. We are venturing into unknown territory! Frontier has good flights to Phoenix so we might be going there in December
We did this in March. Wanted to “explore” other places for spring break. First decided on Vegas, booked the hotel, then cancelled. Found cheap flights to Chicago (thankfully on SW) then decided why go somewhere it may be colder than at home?! Finally branched out to a stay at USF! LOL

We did this in March. Wanted to “explore” other places for spring break. First decided on Vegas, booked the hotel, then cancelled. Found cheap flights to Chicago (thankfully on SW) then decided why go somewhere it may be colder than at home?! Finally branched out to a stay at USF! LOL
Haha lots of switching. It will most likely be cold here in December so Phoenix might be a nice change of pace. Did I hear they just opened a Disney in Arizona? :rolleyes2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!