"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we were in the process of planning a trip for Dec 1-5, but I didn't realize that is Pop Warner week and we booked at ASmovies. Should we completely abandon this idea?

I did this last year. We were at music, but they fill up all the values. They weren't bad to be around as far as rudeness, but they were so loud at night and in the morning at the hotel. And they took up the entire pool area, which was fine since we didn't use it. My husband said never again, but I sleep with ear plugs and it didn't bother me. We were also in the very back so that helped with the noise.

Weather is nice there in December. I was there last Christmas.
Thanks that’s good to know! I haven’t looked into it at all so I’m not sure what we would even do there. I do know a DISer that lives pretty close to Phoenix though.

I did this last year. We were at music, but they fill up all the values. They weren't bad to be around as far as rudeness, but they were so loud at night and in the morning at the hotel. And they took up the entire pool area, which was fine since we didn't use it. My husband said never again, but I sleep with ear plugs and it didn't bother me. We were also in the very back so that helped with the noise.
I’m kind of glad we decided not to go.

snickerdoodles and hot cocoa
Santa Claus Cookie and a Snow Cone
Apple Cider and a selection of cookies
Peppermint Crunch Cookie and rich Nestle Chocolate Milk
Dove Chocolates and Sparkling Apple Cider
Egg Nog and Ginger Molasses Cookies
Sno-Cone and Snowman Soft Pretzel

Im gonna be in sugar coma! lol

And we are allowed to visit each stop more than once if we just love it, right?? I might need extra egg nog and peppermint cookies!! :hyper:

Thanks that’s good to know! I haven’t looked into it at all so I’m not sure what we would even do there. I do know a DISer that lives pretty close to Phoenix though.
IF you will have a car, I would recommend a trip up to Sedona for a day.

Remind me please....does that mean that the Dream lights will not be turned on until 11/9? Or is that just the first night Elsa turns them on?

The article was confusing, and I forget year to year too. :sad2: My take away, it will begin with the 1st party and based on time, and ONLY party guest would see it the 1st night ---- good luck clearing the park! Then nightly until 12/31.

The article was confusing, and I forget year to year too. :sad2: My take away, it will begin with the 1st party and based on time, and ONLY party guest would see it the 1st night ---- good luck clearing the park! Then nightly until 12/31.
Boooooo! We’ll be there for the Halloween to Christmas changeover this year, and I was so hoping to see the castle all lit up (we leave before the first party). First world problems. LOL

Do you think Nov 15th is a good date for the party? Crowd wise?

Have you checked out the crowd calendar by Touring Plans? It's on Post #1 under Party Crowds. Did you check out sold out parties from last year & previous years? Info listed in Post #3.

It's a Thursday, but that one and party on 11/16 are the last parties until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Personally, we are missing a day of school to attend a party before Thanksgiving, added days on beginning of trip just for MVMCP.

Have you checked out the crowd calendar by Touring Plans? It's on Post #1 under Party Crowds. Did you check out sold out parties from last year & previous years? Info listed in Post #3.

It's a Thursday, but that one and party on 11/16 are the last parties until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Personally, we are missing a day of school to attend a party before Thanksgiving, added days on beginning of trip just for MVMCP.

Touring Plans is highly inaccurate, hence the question. I was hoping to receive responses from those that attended that date last year. We are local, and flexible.

Boooooo! We’ll be there for the Halloween to Christmas changeover this year, and I was so hoping to see the castle all lit up (we leave before the first party). First world problems. LOL

I'm still holding out hope secretly that it will start before the first party lol. We're going to the first party but it would make my party plan much easier if we could watch the lighting ceremony a different night :rotfl2:

Just bought my ticket for the party on 12/16! I can't wait to go to another MVMCP! Do we think there will be any special ride enhancements for the Christmas party like they've done for MNSSHP?

2 Random questions for those that have been before...
Is the castle lit before Elsa lights it????
Or do you need to wait for her 1st show for it to light up....

2nd- do they do any of the MVMCP magic shots before the official 7pm start time???

FP day is coming up quick so trying to figure out a good plan of action!!!

2 Random questions for those that have been before...
Is the castle lit before Elsa lights it????
Or do you need to wait for her 1st show for it to light up....

2nd- do they do any of the MVMCP magic shots before the official 7pm start time???

FP day is coming up quick so trying to figure out a good plan of action!!!
To answer your first question, we’ve been discussing this a lot the last few days here. Historically, I thought they did light the castle prior to the first party, but the recent announcement about the Frozen Holiday Wish sounds like maybe not.

No party exclusive shots are available prior to 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!