"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, does anyone know based off last year, after Disney started selling tickets for the Christmas Party did Undercover Tourists start selling them?

Has anyone received a confirmation e-mail or seen it in MDE? I am concerned because the rep first almost finalized everything and realized it was for the wrong date then she experienced issues and is not sure if she booked me for 2 parties a week apart or not. The last time we went was a few years ago and I can’t remember if I got a confirmation e-mail but thought it showed up under my reservations and tickets right away so wanted to check with others to tell if I should call or not. Thanks!
I received an individual email for each guest that was assigned a party ticket, but I can't find it listed anywhere in MDE, it says it was added however. I really don't know if it shows up on MDE, maybe just on magic bands once you get them. If anyone has seen anything different, I would be interested also.

I received an individual email for each guest that was assigned a party ticket, but I can't find it listed anywhere in MDE, it says it was added however. I really don't know if it shows up on MDE, maybe just on magic bands once you get them. If anyone has seen anything different, I would be interested also.

The cast member gave me a code that I entered in my MDE (with linking tickets).

So our next trip to Orlando is Dec 5-12. We will be staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal and it's mainly a Universal trip, but we are doing SeaWorld one day and MVMCP one day. So effectively the weekday parties would be either our last evening in Orlando or the evening of our first full day. We've never been to the party before. Do people think it would be best to sort of kick off the vacation with the party or cap it off that way?
I think the last day would be fun as long as it isn't a Friday, I have tried to avoid Friday's and Saturday's on special night events because more locals attend.

F
Forgot to mention in to AP in my post, but I also received a CODE that she said was what I needed to link tickets. Did you receive a code? There also was a glitch when I tried to enter saying MY AGE catagory was not matching up to my ticket type, said to try again, you just hit the button to continue or whatever it said, and it works correctly.

Excited to be attending MVMCP this year. We'll be there from 11/14-11/21 so I'm thinking we'll go to the party on 11/15. We haven't been to MVMCP since our downpour/cancelled parade experience in 2014, so I'm also hoping that by going on 11/15, if there is rain in the forecast again, we'll try and switch to 11/16! Happy to have this thread to follow along as things get announced, etc!

I received the confirmation code from the CM, linked the tickets to MDE (after the same glitch with the age), and then received emails with confirmation that I added the tickets. They do show up under My Tickets in MDE, just without saying what the tickets actually are. The email says Christmas Party tickets with the date, though. This was definitely a quick rollout, either in response to the early release from the UK sites or the blowback from the parking fees.

What are the UK sites people keep mentioning...? Like travel agents or the Disney UK site? I can’t find websites selling the tickets.

Just bought tickets for DH & I for 11/16!

I would have preferred to go on 11/15 but that's our arrival day and I doubt we'll be able to get a flight that gets in early enough without having to also be at the airport before dawn.

I received the confirmation code from the CM, linked the tickets to MDE (after the same glitch with the age), and then received emails with confirmation that I added the tickets. They do show up under My Tickets in MDE, just without saying what the tickets actually are. The email says Christmas Party tickets with the date, though. This was definitely a quick rollout, either in response to the early release from the UK sites or the blowback from the parking fees.

Same thing for me with the age glitch and showing up without saying what they are. Just haven't shown up in the app yet.

What are the UK sites people keep mentioning...? Like travel agents or the Disney UK site? I can’t find websites selling the tickets.
Last week a UK agency (I forget the name, Attraction something?) released the dates of the Halloween and Christmas parties and both were available for purchase. Some people were able to buy tickets. The next day, the dates were still there but you could no longer purchase tickets. If I remember it was a Disney affiliated travel agency so the information was correct, but I don’t think they had the go-ahead from Disney to start selling. And now yesterday, Disney releases the dates and tickets together, which they don’t do, only available through calling, and unable to email confirmation or make them appear properly in MDE.

Just curious, does anyone know based off last year, after Disney started selling tickets for the Christmas Party did Undercover Tourists start selling them?

Yes, they did. At a few dollars discount per ticket from what Disney sells them for.

However, I contacted Undercover Tourist yesterday. They said that *if* they sell tickets this year, it will not be until the tickets become available for online purchase on the Disney site (not just phone purchase).

So I purchased tickets yesterday by only giving my first and last name. Wrote down a confirmation number and I must have missed a letter because it says I’m missing something and it will not link. Making me so nervous. I tried calling Disney but the wait was over 90 minutes it said. Does anyone know if the first four letter of confirmations for these parties are all the same? I just need one letter!!

Yes, they did. At a few dollars discount per ticket from what Disney sells them for.

However, I contacted Undercover Tourist yesterday. They said that *if* they sell tickets this year, it will not be until the tickets become available for online purchase on the Disney site (not just phone purchase).
Thank you very much for this!

Hello! We plan on attending November 9th, we won't be able to buy our tickets until we get there though for the military pricing.

Last week a UK agency (I forget the name, Attraction something?) released the dates of the Halloween and Christmas parties and both were available for purchase. Some people were able to buy tickets. The next day, the dates were still there but you could no longer purchase tickets. If I remember it was a Disney affiliated travel agency so the information was correct, but I don’t think they had the go-ahead from Disney to start selling. And now yesterday, Disney releases the dates and tickets together, which they don’t do, only available through calling, and unable to email confirmation or make them appear properly in MDE.
It was to divert people from the parking fee fiasco

I got the same information. Once I linked the other family members, and added the confirmation code, it showed up on all individual family members. We had an issue with it saying" age is outside of limit!". ( for us old people- lol!) I called for support and was told to "just hit ' finalize'and don't worry about it". It worked. Very odd, but true.

Bought my MVMCP tickets just now over the phone with a lovely CM.

When I linked them into MDE like everyone else I got the age error and they are showing as blank in the my tickets part of my account, but I got emails confirming they linked correctly with each guest so I'm not concerned about it.

Yay!

So I purchased tickets yesterday by only giving my first and last name. Wrote down a confirmation number and I must have missed a letter because it says I’m missing something and it will not link. Making me so nervous. I tried calling Disney but the wait was over 90 minutes it said. Does anyone know if the first four letter of confirmations for these parties are all the same? I just need one letter!!
There are 4 letters and 8 numbers

Thanks everyone! I did exactly as you guys told me and selected link tickets with the number the rep gave me and the party for 11/16 showed up and once I linked everyone I got an e-mail for each person. I got the age error and it is showing up blank for each person under my reservation and tickets but no big deal. I am glad we still get the tickets mailed in case of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter