Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

I would email them to ask for a refund. The link didn’t work for me to get the discount but did for my hubby. I emailed and they told me to go ahead and register and then they’d refund the $25. Sure enough it’s already been processed and refunded to my account! Good luck!

I did email them and I got a notice of refund from Active today. Thanks for the tip!

Hi,

I registered to participate in the dark side challenge, since we don’t know yet the race circuit start / finish, I was wondering if there was a best hotel to choose. Is the port Orleans a good idea? And do they allow a late checkout in order to get a quick bath or should I book the night of the 23 too ? Thanks.

I’m staying at POFQ since my travel agent was offering a group rate discount here. It’s just me, myself and I for two nights so I wanted something quiet and inexpensive. I’m not a fan of the value resorts. They are just too loud and chaotic for me and even though I will be by myself I want to be guaranteed at least a queen bed. Late checkout is rare and you can’t prearrange it. You have to request it the morning you are checking out and they usually give you an extra hour if they give it to you at all.

Ok who did you all email about the $25. I sent a communication via the run disney website but have no credit. I should get back $50 and I go use that for food. Yes DH and I are signed up and we both ran the marathon. Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks to those that posted about the $25 discount for using the link in the virtual goody bag for Marathon Weekend. I emailed as well the day we signed up (Jan 9th) and both DH & my credit was issued today.

Ok who did you all email about the $25. I sent a communication via the run disney website but have no credit. I should get back $50 and I go use that for food. Yes DH and I are signed up and we both ran the marathon. Any help greatly appreciated

I also did the email to the website and got back a generic email that someone would get back to me. Yesterday I got an email from an actual person saying they were passing on my email then today the credit.

I said that I thought I clicked the link in the virtual goody bag but didn't notice it didn't work in my excitement to register for the race. Good luck with yours!

I sent a message via the runDisney website and included our registration numbers for Marathon Weekend. It took awhile (almost two weeks) for us to hear a reply.

Thanks we signed up on either the 14 or 15, so I probably just need to give them more time but hope to see something soon. Will keep checking.

Thanks we signed up on either the 14 or 15, so I probably just need to give them more time but hope to see something soon. Will keep checking.

The automated response I got back said 12 days and someone would respond, so hopefully end of month you'll find out.

Transportation question. This will be my first runDisney event staying off site and driving. I did SWDS 2017 but stayed at the Poly and walked to the start.

Assuming the same setup as last year, I would need to drive to the finish and park there and bus to the start? Did anyone doing this get on the first bus to the start line and remember how early you got there?

My concern is getting the pre race character photos. 2016 I was on the first bus from BLT and they had closed photo lines by the time I got there. 2017 I walked from the Poly and was literally the first person there for the 10k and Half, zero wait for photos and I hit every single photo spot. By the time I hit the last one, the posted wait for the first one was like 45 minutes as busses had started arriving.

I'm wondering if for this year if I'm okay taking the bus from the parking lot to the start, or if I should try to Uber to the runner drop off at the TTC so I can control my arrival time a bit more.

Assuming the same setup as last year, I would need to drive to the finish and park there and bus to the start? Did anyone doing this get on the first bus to the start line and remember how early you got there?
I stayed offsite - definitely did not get on the first bus from EP to TTC; I want to say I arrived at EP for the half around 3:20-3:30ish. With that, I had time for 1 character photo before meeting with my running group at 4:30. Vader was impossible: he had an hour+ wait. I settled for Kylo, who was a lot less popular, lol!

Transportation question. This will be my first runDisney event staying off site and driving. I did SWDS 2017 but stayed at the Poly and walked to the start.

My concern is getting the pre race character photos. 2016 I was on the first bus from BLT and they had closed photo lines by the time I got there. 2017 I walked from the Poly and was literally the first person there for the 10k and Half, zero wait for photos and I hit every single photo spot. By the time I hit the last one, the posted wait for the first one was like 45 minutes as busses had started arriving.

I'm wondering if for this year if I'm okay taking the bus from the parking lot to the start, or if I should try to Uber to the runner drop off at the TTC so I can control my arrival time a bit more.
If character pics are your main priority, I would definitely play it safe and try and get there at whatever time you got there when you walked from the Poly. If that time is earlier than when the first buses leave, I would just Uber.

I stayed offsite - definitely did not get on the first bus from EP to TTC; I want to say I arrived at EP for the half around 3:20-3:30ish. With that, I had time for 1 character photo before meeting with my running group at 4:30. Vader was impossible: he had an hour+ wait. I settled for Kylo, who was a lot less popular, lol!

If character pics are your main priority, I would definitely play it safe and try and get there at whatever time you got there when you walked from the Poly. If that time is earlier than when the first buses leave, I would just Uber.

Yeah I think I'm leaning towards Uber. I'm doing the challenge so I might test the first bus for the 10k and then Uber for the Half.

For the 10K on Saturday, which resort is better to stay at on the Friday night before - Old Key West or Saratoga Springs (only options via DVC)? Anyone have experiences with the early morning buses to get to the race start (which i assume is the Magic Kingdom parking lot again) from either resort?

For the 10K on Saturday, which resort is better to stay at on the Friday night before - Old Key West or Saratoga Springs (only options via DVC)? Anyone have experiences with the early morning buses to get to the race start (which i assume is the Magic Kingdom parking lot again) from either resort?
Stayed at OKW for marathon weekend and had no problem with busses, but be aware that race busses only pick up at the main Hospitality House area, so you will want to stay close by. It can be a long walk at 3:30 am if you are in one of the outlying buildings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!