Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

It’s a pic from a friend. The virtual half, challenge and half. No 10K. I’m not sure how to add a spoiler tab but I can post what I have.

It’s a pic from a friend. The virtual half, challenge and half. No 10K. I’m not sure how to add a spoiler tab but I can post what I have.

The half marathon is the only SWDS medal that has been revealed. Still waiting to see the 5k, 10k, challenge and kids' race medals. I'm looking forward to seeing them, as I'm holding out hope for a quick trip down if my shin issue resolves quickly.

The half marathon is the only SWDS medal that has been revealed. Still waiting to see the 5k, 10k, challenge and kids' race medals. I'm looking forward to seeing them, as I'm holding out hope for a quick trip down if my shin issue resolves quickly.
Haha! See what I know? Or don’t! Lol

I'm sure the 5k medal will be cool because by the time I decided we should do that race, it was sold out :)

I'm sure the 5k medal will be cool because by the time I decided we should do that race, it was sold out :)

If Disney allows race slot transfers I might be able to help you out with that. My sister got pregnant and is due in April so my party of 3 is now a party of me.

On that note... anyone else out there running solo? I'm not excited about the prospect. I don't mind racing by myself, but it sucks not having people to enjoy the parks with or whatever. :(

Thanks for the link. The medals, however, will do nothing to entice me to sign up for the race weekend. It's all personal preference, but I found the inaugural weekend's medals to be fantastic! The TIE Fighter 10k is still one of my favorite medals and the Vader/Palpatine spinner was pretty nice, too! Last year's medals were OK, but uninspiring. These continue the downward trend. The 5k and 10k are especially bad.

Thanks for the link. The medals, however, will do nothing to entice me to sign up for the race weekend. It's all personal preference, but I found the inaugural weekend's medals to be fantastic! The TIE Fighter 10k is still one of my favorite medals and the Vader/Palpatine spinner was pretty nice, too! Last year's medals were OK, but uninspiring. These continue the downward trend. The 5k and 10k are especially bad.

What?!?! These are way better than 2017 and completely blow marathon weekend away!

On that note... anyone else out there running solo? I'm not excited about the prospect. I don't mind racing by myself, but it sucks not having people to enjoy the parks with or whatever. :(

I've done all SW races solo but this is the first time I'm staying a couple of more days to enjoy the parks. In a way it's kinda fun because you get to do exactly what you want!

I've done all SW races solo but this is the first time I'm staying a couple of more days to enjoy the parks. In a way it's kinda fun because you get to do exactly what you want!
I did Universal last year solo after the Dark Side Half and man it was a breeze, got to do a few random things I prob would have never done if I was there with a group and the solo line shaved a lot of time spent waiting.

What?!?! These are way better than 2017 and completely blow marathon weekend away!
I'm iffy on them but I can't say why because of spoilers! But one of these medals is funny, knowing what happens in TLJ. I know they have to stick with the theme but I kinda hope they don't do the Dark Side thing next year so they have more flexibility with everything, including the medals.

I'm iffy on them but I can't say why because of spoilers! But one of these medals is funny, knowing what happens in TLJ. I know they have to stick with the theme but I kinda hope they don't do the Dark Side thing next year so they have more flexibility with everything, including the medals.

The time has come and gone for spoilers. If you haven’t seen the movie by now then ohhwell.

You are not alone. :crazy2: I'm still running the races because in the end, I truly do not care about medals, but these are BAD. The Vader/Palpatine and TIE Fighter medals are the only non-marathon medals I've kept - love them! ♥

As I said, it ultimately comes down to personal preference. The use of simple standalone helmets leaves me cold, especially with as much rich detail is available in the Star Wars universe. How about tossing in some star destroyers or TIE fighter variants or an AT-AT/AT-ST derivative? They really phoned it in with the "how about let's just do more helmets" approach. I found previous medals to show much more attention to detail and complexity (the inaugural medals, at least). As for the comparison to Marathon Weekend, I could not disagree more. The level of detail and complexity of design of those medals was top notch, even if the Goofy medal didn't fit well with the set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter