Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

While we're on the subject... shall we debate viewing order? :flower:
I go back and forth between episode number order and release date order, myself, with episode order usually winning out - BUT Rogue One kinda throws a wrench in that. Going from Rogue One to Ep. I makes Ep. I more painful than it already is on its own. ;) I'm a solid "No" on Machete Order.
Rogue One falls in between Episodes 3 and 4. So for people who have never seen the movies, I would go Episodes 1-8 in order, with Rogue One in between 3 and 4.

Rogue One falls in between Episodes 3 and 4. So for people who have never seen the movies, I would go Episodes 1-8 in order, with Rogue One in between 3 and 4.

The problem with doing the movies in chronological sequence is that you miss out on the HUGE reveal at the end of Episode 5 (I think those of us who have seen the movies know what I'm speaking to). I say start with Rouge One then go into 4,5, and 6. If you need to, catch up on 1,2, and 3 to answer any questions you may have, then go on to 7 & 8.

-Watch "Rogue One".
-Watch "New Hope".
-Watch "Empire Strikes Back".
-Watch "Return of the Jedi".
-Watch "Force Awakens".
-Watch "Last Jedi".
-Put "Phantom Menace", "Attack of the Clones", and "Revenge of the Sith" in a plastic bag. Lay the plastic bag in your driveway. Back your vehicle over said plastic bag repeatedly. Discard plastic bag and its destroyed contents.

That's the order I suggest.

-Watch "Rogue One".
-Watch "New Hope".
-Watch "Empire Strikes Back".
-Watch "Return of the Jedi".
-Watch "Force Awakens".
-Watch "Last Jedi".
-Put "Phantom Menace", "Attack of the Clones", and "Revenge of the Sith" in a plastic bag. Lay the plastic bag in your driveway. Back your vehicle over said plastic bag repeatedly. Discard plastic bag and its destroyed contents.

That's the order I suggest.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I concur

First, didn't realize they haven't even released the beginning or end points for the course. One thing I would say is that maybe with Animal Kingdom having their 20th anniversary on 4/22 may impact the course with Animal Kingdom trying to open early like 8am.

Second, for a person new to Star Wars. My suggested path of the jedi: IV, V, I, II, III, VI, VII, VIII. Rogue One is a mystery in that order because it happens minutes before IV but you have to start with the original. Starting with Rogue One will sort of taint IV like starting in chronological order. In this order, you get the big reveal, the past of the big reveal, and the finish followed by the new sequel trilogy.

First, didn't realize they haven't even released the beginning or end points for the course. One thing I would say is that maybe with Animal Kingdom having their 20th anniversary on 4/22 may impact the course with Animal Kingdom trying to open early like 8am.

Second, for a person new to Star Wars. My suggested path of the jedi: IV, V, I, II, III, VI, VII, VIII. Rogue One is a mystery in that order because it happens minutes before IV but you have to start with the original. Starting with Rogue One will sort of taint IV like starting in chronological order. In this order, you get the big reveal, the past of the big reveal, and the finish followed by the new sequel trilogy.

I go back and forth on where to slot Rogue One into the viewing order. I agree that watching it first (or at least before IV) taints the big reveal and shock value of the Death Star’s appearance in IV. It might work to watch Rogue One between IV and V as a kind of “how we got here” flashback sequence following the medal ceremony at the end of IV. Just wait, though. Soon enough we’ll be having this debate on where to put Solo in the viewing order.

I will tell you don’t watch Rogue One completely drunk or you’ll miss/Black out the second half of the movie and have to rewatch and get shocked at the ending

While we're on the subject... shall we debate viewing order? :flower:
I go back and forth between episode number order and release date order, myself, with episode order usually winning out - BUT Rogue One kinda throws a wrench in that. Going from Rogue One to Ep. I makes Ep. I more painful than it already is on its own. ;) I'm a solid "No" on Machete Order.
I like the flashback order for someone seeing the story for the first time. IV, V, I, II, III, VI. This preserves the big reveal in The Empire Strikes Back, explains the backstory of how the big reveal came to be, and finishes on a happy note in Return of the Jedi. And also finishes the story to that point on a better note. I no longer like chronological order because it ruins the big reveal. I actually like the prequels, but they're not even close to the same level of the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy to this point for me. And in a limited time case, I recommend skipping the prequels until later.

And while I love Rogue One, I can't place it in a first time viewing order. It only works chronologically, but even then the beauty of the ending is how it directly ties into the very beginning. When someone asked Gareth Edwards if he wanted to make a sequel to Rogue One, he replied that it already has a sequel called Star Wars that's well worth seeing. So, if you haven't seen Star Wars, Rogue One is well worth seeing, but I wouldn't try to fit it in any kind of viewing order for a first time through unless you go chronological.

Thanks for the reminder. I’d been waiting for the tags and saw your message. I called and sure enough hasn’t set it up. Sigh. This is the second time in a row that I forgot to set up DME.
Oh good, my excitement actually helped someone instead of just me being excited.

I asked him if Darth Vader was a bad guy and now I don’t think he wants to hang out with me anymore. :guilty:
Whether or not Darth Vader is a bad guy is complicated. One of the things I love about Star Wars is how the characters are complex and closer to the real world.

Also, the part of me that enjoys the other, but nowhere near as good space franchise with Star in the title, laughed very hard at @Dis_Yoda porg meme.

Last edited:
Similar, but also very different. I'm attempting to keep it vague depending on how much you actually know about Darth Vader's story vs his place in pop culture.

I know very little outside of scenes that you see during Star Tours, and back at the end of Great Movie Ride. I've seen the Star Wars fireworks at MGM, but I literally couldn't tell you what any of it meant. I know that one chick has cinnamon bun hair. I know Darth Vader says "Luke I am your father". I know there are some robots and that Chewie is a wookie and seems to be a good guy. Oh - and that Yoda looks like a lizard-alien and he talks funny.

The Littles are coming over to my house for a cook-out (they're all in Kindergarten through Third Grade). I'll get them to explain it all to me. :rotfl:

And yes, I'm fully aware that this makes me sound like a big dumb dummy.

Drinking game is fine - drinking 2 bottles of wine in 3 hours by yourself isn’t

Looks like it's time for me to event Dogohol - because if I can booze, why can't my best friend doggos?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter