Official 2018 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend - Cancelled

I was thinking of maybe doing the Hot Chocolate race in SF the prior weekend. SWLS is the reason I haven't done it yet. The Carlsbad half sounds intersting too. I really hope the work out light side though. I'll be so sad if they dont.
I highly recommend Hot Chocolate SF. The course is beautiful and one of my favorites of the year. Sadly this year the race was during a series of bad storms so the ocean overtook part of the course and they had to shorten the race but it was still fun.

This wait is driving me crazy. I've been holding off on DS because I want to do both. We'd make LS a family trip, and I'd just do DS alone. We also have an extended family trip next spring, so that plus not being 100% sure about LS, I'm just sitting here waiting to register for both. Ugh. An exercise in patience...:scared:

Feel you @HCinKC - we aren't doing anything with Dark Side until we know we are in for this race.

I registered via Raw Threads for the challenge the morning they post poned (the announcement came about 2 hours after I paid). So I have $330 sitting in limbo - at this point I may reach out to them and ask to be refunded because I paid but I don't have a link yet.

I'd like to put that money towards another race weekend.

Feel you @HCinKC - we aren't doing anything with Dark Side until we know we are in for this race.

I registered via Raw Threads for the challenge the morning they post poned (the announcement came about 2 hours after I paid). So I have $330 sitting in limbo - at this point I may reach out to them and ask to be refunded because I paid but I don't have a link yet.

I'd like to put that money towards another race weekend.

Those of us that registered in January feel the same! I have $900 in limbo!

Those of us that registered in January feel the same! I have $900 in limbo!

I feel you guys too. It's even worse because you guys actively registered.

Does it say when POT is due? I can't imagine registering then needing to submit something right away.

Does it say when POT is due? I can't imagine registering then needing to submit something right away.

October 10, 2017
Which means that even if they opened registration tomorrow, you would have less than 4 months between registration and when POT is due. For someone who might not be thinking about a POT race until after they register ... that's not a lot of time to find a race and train for it.

That POT deadline is bad, @SarahDisney. We talked about this on the Dopey thread but there's a LOT of amazing October races that happen after these deadlines.

That POT deadline is bad, @SarahDisney. We talked about this on the Dopey thread but there's a LOT of amazing October races that happen after these deadlines.

When is the POT deadline for the Dopey? Is it October 3rd? Running for a charity for the first time, so it won't show up on my active account until I reach a certain fund-raising amount. Just want to make sure I do get to enter my POT in time!

I'm coming from halfway around the world and you really need to plan to make a trip like this work and not cost a fortune. I am holding off booking my main plane ticket from Australia to the US as I was going to do this on the way back (after having done Dopey) but if I don't do this I would want to use that time to go elsewhere in the US and as a result leave from a different city. I am at a point where the airfares will start jumping up dramatically in price so I need to make a call on it.

I have a terrible feeling though, if the conspiracy theories around them needing to 'prove' to the city that they can get the streets open are true, this might just mean that registration may not open until after Disneyland weekend in September (though I very much hope I am wrong).

I have a terrible feeling though, if the conspiracy theories around them needing to 'prove' to the city that they can get the streets open are true, this might just mean that registration may not open until after Disneyland weekend in September (though I very much hope I am wrong).

At that point, why have the race? So many people would be late in their planning! We haven't booked our hotel/airfare yet because of the uncertainty either.

Well, Paris just opened bib-only registration last week... about 90 days out from their race weekend! Granted, they are not nearly as organized as rD USA but there were plenty of us American travelers getting nervous about airline tickets and accommodations (either already booked or waiting to book). Four or five months out for a domestic race may not panic Disney that much, especially Anaheim where something like half of the participants are usually from California.

Well, Paris just opened bib-only registration last week... about 90 days out from their race weekend! Granted, they are not nearly as organized as rD USA but there were plenty of us American travelers getting nervous about airline tickets and accommodations (either already booked or waiting to book). Four or five months out for a domestic race may not panic Disney that much, especially Anaheim where something like half of the participants are usually from California.

Wasn't the inagural year for either Avengers or Light Side a shorter than usual turn around time?

Wasn't the inagural year for either Avengers or Light Side a shorter than usual turn around time?

No.

Avengers was announced in like February/March and Star Wars was announced in May (my facebook on this day reminded me of this way back when)

Heres where I admit this is already affecting my training. I have nothing scheduled and I just can't make myself run, especially with the heat wave we're having. I'm feeling very unmotivated. Wish I could do Avengers weekend but I can't.

This is nuts! First, they pushed registration early so we all fretted about it. Now, it's on hold and we're all still fretting about it! DH & I registered with early registration. It's supposed to be our first half marathon.
I'm getting nervous as well as I haven't run much since my last race since I had knee issues. I know I need to start back into it. I was planning on doing a race at the end of August, but i'm not so sure anymore. Luckily, I turned out a good POT for the race I ran in April.

Kristie - I hear you on this heat! I wanted to run yesterday but it's been crazy hot!

The suspense is killing me! Even if they have to push registration late just tell us something!!

As an aside, we pre-registered for the race. Do you think they have hotel availability yet? Or should I wait until the officially announce the race - that is if it still even going to happen. I guess it depends on whether or not we'll go race or not....

We made a refundable reservation through Marriott just in case. This is getting ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!