Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

We're going on Sunday first weekend. Should we be able to see every house with Express?
You most likely can, just BE AWARE, (because I am that person), that to do so is absolutely exhausting. Always have a contingency in Orlando. Always. Make a list of must dos, want to dos, and can live withouts. If you can get everything on your must dos and would like to dos done, you’re winning HHN.

I've been reading the official HHN thread for last year and its given me some invaluable tips.

For my first night (Wednesday 9th Oct) I'm still sticking to my original plan, get to the S+S area at Finnegans by 4pm, then do the mad rush for Ghostbusters once they let us out.

Last year Stranger Things was very much where the 'mad rush' went for, as that house will also be there again this year, its going to be interesting to see wether Ghostbusters (Which does seem in advance to be the house with the most buzz) will be THE house to do.

After Ghostbusters it will be Killer Klowns and Classic Monsters, and once I've done those 3 anything else will be a bonus!

Just watched House of 1K Corpses again, for the first time in years... holy moly, I am going to have the bejeezus scared out of me in that house! Fishboy! Doctor Satan! Otis (shudder... he freaks me out the worst). I'm guessing that the flow of the house will reflect the movie's timeline.

Never saw Devil's Rejects, will probably watch that today or tomorrow. Fun fact I just discovered yesterday, a third movie is coming out this year, 3 From Hell. My boyfriend isn't into movies like that, so I may have to press a friend into service to go see that one with me!

I just bought my first ever ticket for HHN. This is a bucket list thing for me. I am going solo because my wife doesn't do scary. I also am doing the R.I.P.
public tour because I am solo. I have always been a monster buff so this looks like a great year to do this. Any idea how much it will cost me to Uber over to US from BLT?

I just bought my first ever ticket for HHN. This is a bucket list thing for me. I am going solo because my wife doesn't do scary. I also am doing the R.I.P.
public tour because I am solo
What date are you doing hhn?
There are some peeps that booked a tour and looking to add on to their group

I’m going to check my pms and see if anyone contacted me to help with that date so they can fill their tour

I have 4 dates I’m looking for
Oct 3 and 4 need one person only

Do have a few more dates that I have on my list

I
Just finished checking and have nothing for Wednesday 10/9

But if anyone reading this thread needs another slot filled in their group. hope they will contact you
This was for the public tour, so I don't know if it matters. thx

Hey everyone, I will be going to HHN for the first time this year.

I know that HHN policy is no costume, masks, or face paint. But what sort of line is there between Themed clothing and a costume?

I want to be VERY basic and wear a Scoop Ahoy uniform shirt. Is that something they may not allow me to enter wearing? I guess it could be even more objectionable since they have the season 3 maze for Stranger Things, that said I doubt anyone would confuse it with a scareactor!
If security or TM think what you are wearing even remotely resembles a costume......it’s not allowed.

Safest thing is not to wear anything you think could could be mistaken as a costume in any way.

I have no clue what your shirt looks like, but consider you may be asked to change into something else.
I don’t think a costume themed t-shirt should be a problem. Last year there was a woman on our RIP tour that was in a full sexy Queen of Hearts costume. Costume, make-up, Marie Antoinette wig, the whole lot. It took us a while pre-tour to realize she was a guest and not a scare actor. No one from Universal ever said a word to her about it, which was very surprising. (Side note: She was an older woman, hard to judge her actual age due to the make-up, and definitely NOT sober. She was extremely animated and, in the end, was a interesting addition to our group.) I’m not sure how she got away with attending in costume, but after that experience, I definitely wouldn’t worry about a t-shirt.

I am really excited to be heading back to HHN this year after my first visit 10 years ago! I had a blast on the houses I went to, but I also was not as much of a planner as I am now. Showed up about 20 minutes before the park opened, thought that the Simpsons and Jaws rides should be top of the list for me (which to be fair, it was also my first time in Universal and this is my second), so I feel much more prepared now. I am going on the first Saturday, and know that I won't get an idea of flow until I get into the park so I am going to wait and see what things look like before deciding if I should pick up Express for the night, get the late night pass if they have any left, or just go with the flow.

I am most interested in Ghostbusters and Us, followed closely by the Classic Monster house and the Gladiator Pit one (don't remember name off top of my head) and any other house is a bonus if I don't go with Express. Really looking forward to going back and having a leisurely, fear filled night :)

You most likely can, just BE AWARE, (because I am that person), that to do so is absolutely exhausting. Always have a contingency in Orlando. Always. Make a list of must dos, want to dos, and can live withouts. If you can get everything on your must dos and would like to dos done, you’re winning HHN.

Just wanted to emphasize this information for newbies. 10 houses is a lot, and I mean a lot, of walking. Plan your daytime accordingly. And I think it's a good idea, as said, to have tiers of "must do", "want to do", and "would do if time and feet allow". Good advice Crostorfer.

Just wanted to emphasize this information for newbies. 10 houses is a lot, and I mean a lot, of walking. Plan your daytime accordingly. And I think it's a good idea, as said, to have tiers of "must do", "want to do", and "would do if time and feet allow". Good advice Crostorfer.

Just to further illustrate this point for the unfamiliar, if you look at the map for this year, Nightingales and Depths of Fear look like they are right next to one another. They are, HOWEVER, you don't just get to stroll directly across from one to the other. The line for each house starts back towards the main park. You have to walk probably 1/3 of a mile, (maybe an exaggeration of length, but you get the idea), through the line for Nightingales to go through that house, and then you have to walk that 1/3 of a mile back to the front of the line, then 1/3 of a mile back to Depths of Fear, and then that 1/3 of a mile again back to the main part of the park when you are done. That's 1.3 miles of walking, just for two houses. Its intense.

Last edited:
What are the main differences people have experienced between a 6:30 and 8 pm start time. I am assuming the biggest one is not having time to do rides after the tour using express access, but does anything else jump out? The only time I could get for 9/25 was 8 pm so I am thinking of going private if that is the only way to get the most bang out of rides as well since some of the people already going with me have a first priority of doing something Harry Potter.

I looked back, but I didn't see an answer, so sorry if this has been asked.

We are going on 9/22. I have a public tour booked, but we also plan to do the S&S (mainly because i booked the tour as a surprise for DH). Can I just go straight to Cafe LaBamba at the check in time?
Also, any chance there is an opening for a private tour that night? I would consider switching depending on cost.

I looked back, but I didn't see an answer, so sorry if this has been asked.

We are going on 9/22. I have a public tour booked, but we also plan to do the S&S (mainly because i booked the tour as a surprise for DH). Can I just go straight to Cafe LaBamba at the check in time?
Also, any chance there is an opening for a private tour that night? I would consider switching depending on cost.
I do not know if every night of the tours were set up like mine

For the private tours I took, we all had to be present before we entered LaBamba

For the public tours I took, I was able to enter LaBamba after I checked in
Was told which table my tour guide was sitting
Think I arrived about 15 minutes before tour time

What are the main differences people have experienced between a 6:30 and 8 pm start time. I am assuming the biggest one is not having time to do rides after the tour using express access, but does anything else jump out?

Public tours are maybe 3.5 to 4 hours
The park is open until 2 am Monday
You’ll have time to do the rides (6 of them) before the park closes

You posted your tour is Sunday September 22

Do some rides before the tour and the rest after the tour if you are interested in the rides

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!