Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

If anyone is flying Southwest, their schedule comes out tomorrow for flights thru April 7th!

...and I saw that Southwest posted that the next block of dates (through June 8, 2019) will be available on September 27, 2018.
Hope that helps anyone who is planning flights. :)

p.s. of course they say dates subject to change lol

If anyone is flying Southwest, their schedule comes out tomorrow for flights thru April 7th!

Thank you! I didn't know that. I nabbed my flight for April 5, although it was bit more $$$ than I was expecting.

April 8 isn't available yet, unfortunately. Any idea when that will be on sale?
NEVER MIND -- I just found on their website that the on-sale date is September 27.

I'm hesitant to buy tickets until I know what my return flight is likely to be, unfortunately. It looks like SWA has sorted out their SJC-MCO non-stops though. (We looked at them for our January trip, but their nonstop went with the wrong cycle - a late flight to Orlando and an early one back. I'd prefer not to get in at 11pm or fly back at 8am.)

Flights are looking expensive, so it looks like we’ll have to drive. It’s 7 hours door to door, but I-75 is no joke. We’ve seen so many accidents.

My friend & I are coming back for the 10K since we had so much fun this year!! I picked Dark side. Not sure what she did. Now to work on costume ideas...

Is the Kessel Run sold out? When I click on "register today!" it doesn't show Kessel as an option. I signed up early with our DVC link but my husband didn't, and wants to join me for the Kessel + rival run challenge.

Is the Kessel Run sold out? When I click on "register today!" it doesn't show Kessel as an option. I signed up early with our DVC link but my husband didn't, and wants to join me for the Kessel + rival run challenge.

It's still there, just hidden a bit. (Seriously, runDisney?)

Go to https://www.rundisney.com/star-wars-rival-run-weekend/ and click on the "Registration" tab, not the big bright "Register" button.

That gives you the options for different registration types, including the Kessel Run.

DVC resorts are now at the 7-month window, if any DVC owners are looking to change their hotel.

We moved from SSR to Kidani, with a waitlist for Jambo House.

I signed up for the Challenge and am in the "Light Side". What's the difference between the "Light Side" and the "Dark Side"?

Flights. Are. So. Expensive.
Yep. I just went ahead and booked my flight on Southwest even though it is ridiculously expensive. I will just take the credit if it goes down but there are already some of the flights showing "SOLD OUT" so I don't want to chance it.

Also, the flight times are awful for me coming from Hartford. The Friday morning flight is at 5AM. No way I am taking a 5AM flight. So I booked the late Thursday night flight instead which means I also needed to book another night at at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Luckily the extra night was available on DVC points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter