Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

I haven't booked yet. Hoping it will go down just a little. I fly out of Chicago so there usually isn't a shortage of flights this far out. Hopefully they drop at least 50 bucks or so.

Got the hotel booked finally! Now if I could only get my foot from going numb at mile 2.5 in my training, I might actually be able to do this 10k.

Last edited:
Booked our room today! I peeked at the registrations and they all appear as still available.

Got the hotel booked finally! Now if I could only get my foot from going numb at mile 2.5 in my training, I might actually be able to do this 10k.
At the risk of stating the obvious, are your shoes fitting correctly? You may need a wide shoe.

I changed our reservation twice today with the new special offers that popped up. Once with the Gift of Magic deal and a second time with the Disney Visa offer. I love Disney planning :) Now I need to focus more on running!

I changed our reservation twice today with the new special offers that popped up. Once with the Gift of Magic deal and a second time with the Disney Visa offer. I love Disney planning :) Now I need to focus more on running!
Cool! I am booked with Gift of Magic. So, you were able to click modify and change to the visa offer? I am tempted by the 30% off Coronado vs the 10% that I got at POR. Decisions, decisions!

April 8 flights are now available from Southwest. Unfortunately, they are strangely expensive!

Thanks for the heads up! I just booked my return flight. :)

Agree they were stupidly expensive. The return I just booked to Boise was close to double what I paid for the outbound. Crazy! But I went ahead and booked and will just watch to see if prices come down. I have other SW flights I need to book with the next release, so I'll have a use for travel funds if prices on the April 8 flights do drop.

How far in advance do they typically release what the race merchandise actually looks like? We want to buy some items in advance but would like to see some of them first.

How far in advance do they typically release what the race merchandise actually looks like? We want to buy some items in advance but would like to see some of them first.

Usually the day of the expo or a couple days before.

The pre-order stuff will not be released until the day of except maybe the Dooney & Bourkes.

Yep. I just went ahead and booked my flight on Southwest even though it is ridiculously expensive. I will just take the credit if it goes down but there are already some of the flights showing "SOLD OUT" so I don't want to chance it.

Also, the flight times are awful for me coming from Hartford. The Friday morning flight is at 5AM. No way I am taking a 5AM flight. So I booked the late Thursday night flight instead which means I also needed to book another night at at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Luckily the extra night was available on DVC points.

Just got my flights booked. I'm glad SWA fixed the times for their new SJC-MCO nonstop - we ended up flying United SFO-MCO in January because the schedule was awful.

April 8 flights are now available from Southwest. Unfortunately, they are strangely expensive!

My return on SW was only $116, thankfully.

FINALLY booked my flights today. United on the way there, SW on the way back.

I got my flight under $275 round trip, so I guess I'll call that a win since American is currently over $450.

Reactions: maw
I am trying to figure out my flight back. Does anyone who has run the half marathon before know if I would be able to return to my hotel, shower and make it for a 3.30pm flight in the afternoon?

I am trying to figure out my flight back. Does anyone who has run the half marathon before know if I would be able to return to my hotel, shower and make it for a 3.30pm flight in the afternoon?

I wouldn't chance it but it depends on how fast you run. For princess I started in coral E at 5:50 AM and ran 2hrs 45 mins and I was in the top 1/3 to finish.

I wouldn't chance it but it depends on how fast you run. For princess I started in coral E at 5:50 AM and ran 2hrs 45 mins and I was in the top 1/3 to finish.
Really? So let's say I start running at 6am. I should finish by 9.30am (3.5 hours), I take some pics and hang around for another hour (10.30am). I head back to the hotel (11.30am). I wouldn't have time to be at the airport at 2pm assuming I have my own rental car?

Really? So let's say I start running at 6am. I should finish by 9.30am (3.5 hours), I take some pics and hang around for another hour (10.30am). I head back to the hotel (11.30am). I wouldn't have time to be at the airport at 2pm assuming I have my own rental car?

Maybe. That's up to you and if you get a late checkout. I personally wouldn't chance it but it's your call.

I think you can do it without any stress if you do not linger that extra hour. The car rental gives a little more flexibility, but the last time we were at MCO, it took a while to get through security. Weekend afternoons at MCO are rather painful. And the airport is a good 45 minutes away.

Are you staying at a Disney resort or offsite? Check-out time is 11, and one time that I asked for a late check-out, they only gave me 30 minutes. But, you can also shower at the gym (that's my plan for my DH - I'll load the car while he's running and then he can shower at the gym and off we drive home).

I think you can do it without any stress if you do not linger that extra hour. The car rental gives a little more flexibility, but the last time we were at MCO, it took a while to get through security. Weekend afternoons at MCO are rather painful. And the airport is a good 45 minutes away.

Are you staying at a Disney resort or offsite? Check-out time is 11, and one time that I asked for a late check-out, they only gave me 30 minutes. But, you can also shower at the gym (that's my plan for my DH - I'll load the car while he's running and then he can shower at the gym and off we drive home).
That definitely sounds like a feasible plan. I can check out early and then drive to the airport straight after the run and take a shower there! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter