Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

As far as we know, it's only a different bib, maybe a medal.

Race themes, each featuring a light side and dark side rivalry:

• Star Wars Rival Run 5K | Finn and Captain Phasma
  • Star Wars Rival Run 10K | Han Solo and Boba Fett
  • Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon | Rey and Kylo Ren
  • Star Wars Rival Run Challenge | Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader
  • runDisney Kids Races | BB-8 and BB-9E
Thank you! That sounds neat!

Just making sure -- every Disney resort is a "host resort" and will have race transportation right? I've only run at Marathon Weekend, where every resort has race transportation for sure. Feels like in the past some of the other race weekends only had certain hotels but I can't find that info on the runDisney page. TIA

Just making sure -- every Disney resort is a "host resort" and will have race transportation right? I've only run at Marathon Weekend, where every resort has race transportation for sure. Feels like in the past some of the other race weekends only had certain hotels but I can't find that info on the runDisney page. TIA

You didn’t look hard enough. It’s right there under Runner Info. :)

4D7B20A9-0FE0-4342-AA7D-01A96A41D25A.jpeg

You didn’t look hard enough. It’s right there under Runner Info. :)

View attachment 366055
Haha that’s exactly what I read, but I focused on “host resorts” instead of “if you’re staying at a WDW resort hotel it’s included”. Somehow that “host resorts” bit made me think it wasn’t every one. But you’re right now that I read it again I guess that’s what it means.

Haha that’s exactly what I read, but I focused on “host resorts” instead of “if you’re staying at a WDW resort hotel it’s included”. Somehow that “host resorts” bit made me think it wasn’t every one. But you’re right now that I read it again I guess that’s what it means.

It kind of seems like an old wording dating back to when it was only certain Disney resorts that were host resorts with transportation. I don't think there are any off site resorts that are "host" resorts are there? So they could just drop that reference. I too had the same question a few years back when doing our first race which was the inaugural Darkside.

Does anyone have a list of characters that were out on the course for these races this year?
Did 5&10k
Start/Finish : Vader, Kylo, Phasma, Boba Fett, Jaba, BB8
On course: Chewie, R2, Ezra/Sabine , Maul (just the 10), cosplayers, Storm Troopers (I just saw them for 5k), emperors throne, then for the 10k there was a backdrop with some kind of vehicle (also tower of terror bellhops during 10k)

Did 5&10k
Start/Finish : Vader, Kylo, Phasma, Boba Fett, Jaba, BB8
On course: Chewie, R2, Ezra/Sabine , Maul (just the 10), cosplayers, Storm Troopers (I just saw them for 5k), emperors throne, then for the 10k there was a backdrop with some kind of vehicle (also tower of terror bellhops during 10k)
For the Half, there was also the inverted Wompa cave.

Can anyone tell me why I can't edit my pace estimate on my 10k registration? I was under the impression that as I improved I could go back in the update it. Was there a deadline?

Does anyone have a list of characters that were out on the course for these races this year?
I don't have a list, but between official WDW-provided characters and the 501st cosplayers, pretty much every Dark Side character you'd want to see was out there, plus a few Light Siders, too! With it being a Rival Run theme this time, I'd expect it to be 50/50 Light Side and Dark Side characters.

Can anyone tell me why I can't edit my pace estimate on my 10k registration? I was under the impression that as I improved I could go back in the update it. Was there a deadline?
I'd guess the deadline would be the same as for PoT for the half/challenge, and that isn't until Jan. So I think something's not working right - you should be able to edit that. Definitely worth contacting rD to ask.

Yes, and the half registrants said they are having the same problem. Alot of people have emailed them (me included), but no response as of yet.

Ok! We are running the half! I have Pop reserved and have made 3 dining reservations, Via Napoli Saturday evening for pre-race meal, Beaches & Cream Sunday late afternoon for post race celebration meal and Whispering Canyon on Tuesday morning because @LikelyLynae loves the banana bread french toast. Now all I need to do is register for the race, lol! :)

OK everybody, today I want to get a little excited about this race weekend. I know lots of folks on this thread have many, many races between now and April, but is anybody thinking costumes yet? Right now I'm thinking themed t shirts more than costumes. I know it's not everybody's favorite movie but I loved L3-37, Lando's droid pilot from Solo.

OK everybody, today I want to get a little excited about this race weekend. I know lots of folks on this thread have many, many races between now and April, but is anybody thinking costumes yet? Right now I'm thinking themed t shirts more than costumes. I know it's not everybody's favorite movie but I loved L3-37, Lando's droid pilot from Solo.

I need to get excited about this today too! I have a half this Saturday that I registered for just because I had to cancel WDW marathon and I am just meh about it (supposed to be very cold, windy and raining :sad:). Then nothing until Star Wars! I am thinking of doing a mash-up, maybe a Storm Trooper or Darth/Classic Minnie? I have a black and white polka dot skirt I want to wear. Either that or some kind of mash-up with a black skirt? Maybe Darth/?? I can't decide!

OK everybody, today I want to get a little excited about this race weekend. I know lots of folks on this thread have many, many races between now and April, but is anybody thinking costumes yet?
I think I've exhausted my costume ideas at this point and will be re-purposing things I've worn before - maybe in different combinations, we'll see! TinkerVader was a lot of fun this year, but I'm feeling the need to revisit my Imperial Officer rank bar and hat, so maybe some combination of the two? I'll only do a costume for the 10K: the half is 100% about comfort.

I need to get excited about this today too! I have a half this Saturday that I registered for just because I had to cancel WDW marathon and I am just meh about it (supposed to be very cold, windy and raining :sad:). Then nothing until Star Wars! I am thinking of doing a mash-up, maybe a Storm Trooper or Darth/Classic Minnie? I have a black and white polka dot skirt I want to wear. Either that or some kind of mash-up with a black skirt? Maybe Darth/?? I can't decide!
Mash-ups are great! It's fun to start thinking about. I was going to do a straight-up Leia full costume for one of the races but then it feels overdone. Maybe something with a twist. Good luck on your half. That weather sounds harsh though.

I think I've exhausted my costume ideas at this point and will be re-purposing things I've worn before - maybe in different combinations, we'll see! TinkerVader was a lot of fun this year, but I'm feeling the need to revisit my Imperial Officer rank bar and hat, so maybe some combination of the two? I'll only do a costume for the 10K: the half is 100% about comfort.
OMG TinkerVader! My goal is to try to race the 10k (tell me if that's impossible, I've never run a 10K at Disney. In fact I've never run a 10k race anywhere) and then just noodle through the half and get pictures and collect medals. So I was thinking comfort for the 10k and semi-comfort for the half. Maybe I'll have a few options ready depending on the weather and mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter