OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

It was a lot of “would you have booked this vacation without FD”? “How do you feel about the value of FD”? Etc. We have booked vacations with FD in 2006, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and now 2020 and I’ve never been emailed a survey like this. It almost sounded like they want to do away with FD but if I tell them it’s the only reason I go each year they’ll keep it around!

I got it also and let them know it was the only reason I booked and wouldn’t be going otherwise. I also let them know that all 5 previous trips I’ve taken were with free dining. They better not get rid of it! The value has drastically declined since I first went in 2015, but it’s still the most affordable way for us to go.

I hope I get the survey. I have a large family, and free dining saves us a ton - even more than a discount on two value rooms. I don’t think we’ll be able to go every year without it. Even every two years would be hard. Disney already costs a lot more than 10 or even 5 years ago - or even 1 year ago - due to ever-increasing ticket and room costs and add-ons like parking.

I got it also and let them know it was the only reason I booked and wouldn’t be going otherwise. I also let them know that all 5 previous trips I’ve taken were with free dining. They better not get rid of it! The value has drastically declined since I first went in 2015, but it’s still the most affordable way for us to go.
I agree! Every year the value declines but it’s still the best bet for us too!

I got the survey, but was eliminated on the question asking if I had cancelled that reservation. I just had to cancel and reschedule for later in July due to my son's vacation request for the free dining dates being rejected. I had to take the "Sun and Fun" rate when I rescheduled, but I'm really hoping another free dining offer may appear for later in the summer. I know it's not likely.

Those who have received the survey, did you book your FD offer as a general public offer or as a BounceBack offer?
I just finished my survey. I booked our trip from a general public offer. I hope they don't get rid of FD, because that would make it way too expensive for us. We could do it, but not sure the value is there without FD.

Thanks everyone! Looks like the survey is going out to those who booked via the General Public offer in Jan. Appreciate your help!

PS: We booked our FD via a BB and I have not received a survey.

For those of you who booked the General Public Free Dining, if your stay is between Aug 29 and Sep 8, are any of you not familiar with How Disney’s BounceBack offers work?

For those of you who booked the General Public Free Dining, if your stay is between Aug 29 and Sep 8, are any of you not familiar with How Disney’s BounceBack offers work?

Hello!
I´m not familiar with the bouce back offer! It´s acctually the first time we´ll stay onsite! We had already booked offsite and changed to Pop because of free dining. We´ll be there august 30th to september 7th.

Hello!
I´m not familiar with the bouce back offer! It´s acctually the first time we´ll stay onsite! We had already booked offsite and changed to Pop because of free dining. We´ll be there august 30th to september 7th.
When you stay at a Disney resort there is an opportunity to book a future stay while you are there. Normally during your dates there is a Free Dining offer for the following summer/early fall. Disney seems to be decreasing the amount of FD it offers so we won't really know until August if it is being offered as a Bounce Back for 2021 or not.

A bounce back offer must be booked while you are staying at Disney. To book a BB offer, call x8844 from the phone in your room.

Details of the offer during your visit may be published in the room or if not you can find out the details by calling x8844. Details are normally available on the boards here too so you should have a good idea before leaving for your trip what the BB offer is for your dates.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter