OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

When you stay at a Disney resort there is an opportunity to book a future stay while you are there. Normally during your dates there is a Free Dining offer for the following summer/early fall. Disney seems to be decreasing the amount of FD it offers so we won't really know until August if it is being offered as a Bounce Back for 2021 or not.

A bounce back offer must be booked while you are staying at Disney. To book a BB offer, call x8844 from the phone in your room.

Details of the offer during your visit may be published in the room or if not you can find out the details by calling x8844. Details are normally available on the boards here too so you should have a good idea before leaving for your trip what the BB offer is for your dates.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for the info! :love2:

Ya’ll I’ve googled and searched everywhere can someone tell me the price to upgrade from quick service to regular dining per day per adult and child

Ya’ll I’ve googled and searched everywhere can someone tell me the price to upgrade from quick service to regular dining per day per adult and child
The easiest way would be to go to Disney's website and start a new reservation. Just add one dining plan and then change to the other to see the difference.

This information isn't easy to see and requires looking here and there and then doing some math.

2020 Dining Plan Prices

Quick Service
Adult $55.00
Child $26.00

Disney Dining Plan
Adult $78.01 (+$23.01 above QS)
Child $30.51 (+$4.51 above QS)

Deluxe Dining Plan
Adult $119.00 (+$64.00 above QS)
Child $47.50 (+ $21.50 above QS)

I booked free dining during the January promo. I know it isn't available anymore, but can I modify my resort (if another resort available). I did just try to modify and a few popped up with the tag "free dining offer". So just want to verify before I do anything.

I booked free dining during the January promo. I know it isn't available anymore, but can I modify my resort (if another resort available). I did just try to modify and a few popped up with the tag "free dining offer". So just want to verify before I do anything.
I would be terrified to modify that! The promo is over so I can't see how you could modify it?

You might be seeing the kids dining offer that is currently offered but not nearly as good.

If you really want to modify I would call and talk to a cm on the phone. I have a friend who was able to modify last week but she had to do it over the phone and not online

I was able to modify online last week. Under "My Plans", I hit "change reservation", then selected "change" next to resort. I was playing around with it earlier and your changes don't go through until you get to they page where you would pay for it. It shows you your existing reservation and then what the new reservation would be and you can either cancel the changes or accept the changes. We were able to go from AS Sports to POP.

I was able to modify online last week. Under "My Plans", I hit "change reservation", then selected "change" next to resort. I was playing around with it earlier and your changes don't go through until you get to they page where you would pay for it. It shows you your existing reservation and then what the new reservation would be and you can either cancel the changes or accept the changes. We were able to go from AS Sports to POP.
And your new reservation still has free dining? If so, that's interesting. I was under the impression that you wouldn't be able to modify once the promo ends.

And your new reservation still has free dining? If so, that's interesting. I was under the impression that you wouldn't be able to modify once the promo ends.
You can still modify once an offer is over, based on availability. I have no idea how that availability is determined but I have changed offers months after they ended. As time goes by it gets more difficult and less availability but it can happen, especially in cases where people are willing to pay more!

You can still modify once an offer is over, based on availability. I have no idea how that availability is determined but I have changed offers months after they ended. As time goes by it gets more difficult and less availability but it can happen, especially in cases where people are willing to pay more!
Good to know!

Is this the thread I should watch for possible free dining for beginning of December? If they had it for then, about when might they announce it and where? Thank you.

If a book a package online for first week of December, how would o add free dining if it becomes available? do I have a better chance of getting free dining by calling when it comes out or adjusting the ressie I pre booked?

If a book a package online for first week of December, how would o add free dining if it becomes available? do I have a better chance of getting free dining by calling when it comes out or adjusting the ressie I pre booked?
It was very easy to change online

Is this the thread I should watch for possible free dining for beginning of December? If they had it for then, about when might they announce it and where? Thank you.
Last year free dining for December was released July 16th. From what I remember there was no knowledge about it ahead of time. You can check this thread. Someone will report it if and when it becomes available.

I booked free dining at All Star Music for July. Now we are considering calling to try to change to a moderate, while still keeping free dining if available. Which would you recommend? We’ve stayed at Coronado, Caribbean, and POR, but not in a long time, and most have changed since.

I booked free dining at All Star Music for July. Now we are considering calling to try to change to a moderate, while still keeping free dining if available. Which would you recommend? We’ve stayed at Coronado, Caribbean, and POR, but not in a long time, and most have changed since.
I’d recommend POFQ if there is still availability.

My second choice would be POR, but only in a preferred room, and that can really drive up the price per night.

Third choice would be Coronado over CBR. I just prefer the Mexican/Spanish theming. But if you’re interested in the skyliner, choose CBR.

I love CBR but when i was checking there only the pirate rooms were available. I wouldn’t stay in those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter