Official 2020 HHN Thread - 30 Years of Scares

I did both houses several times last weekend. On Saturday, it was difficult in the morning to get a virtual pass but times began opening up around 11. On Sunday, there were many virtual passes throughout the day and the standby wait times were often 15-30 minutes. They also added an Express Pass option. You can use your Express Pass one time for each house.

I liked Toothfairy more than Bride. I thought is was a bit scarier and had more of a story line. I'm really don't get scared in the houses, and I walked each of them alone. They are not doing any glowsticks.

The best part about this year is the social distancing inside the houses. Not walking single file through a super crowded house is awesome. It gives the scare-actors time to reset for the next group and I was able to see way more details. Also, walking through a few times really gave me a better grasp on the story being told.

If you're hesitant to go into the houses but really want to, this is a great year to go. The actors are always behind plexiglass so they cannot run up behind you or chase you down. You can tell where they are going to be if you really want to because you can see the plexiglass.

They did a great job on both houses. I look forward to returning next week.

Starting today the Haunted Houses will be open everyday.
BF3DA029-C086-497F-8361-4E228AA325C9.jpeg

1447F188-B978-43B6-AA0E-162401F853A3.jpeg

If you are staying onsite at RPR or HRH you can use your Express Pass once per house per day as noted above.

If you are a big HHN fan and want to do the houses multiple times in a day . You can do standby first thing in the morning, do a virtual pass, then use your Express pass. TM told me about this and said it was perfectly acceptable.

As noted above the social distancing in the houses is done very well. Being a fan of HHN and the haunted houses in years pass. Enjoying the houses at a slower pace is awesome.

Even though the scare actors are behind plexiglass it did not remove anything for me from the experience.

As with other attractions a TM puts hand sanitizer in your hand and there are social distancing markers on the ground.

TM’s inside of houses make sure distancing is followed.

I did both houses. They were great. Scare actors did a wonderful job.

I can’t pick a favorite yet.

Scarecrow Stalk will he everyday starting today also.

Very well done Universal

Last edited:

If you are staying onsite at RPR or HRH you can use your Express Pass once per house per day as noted above.
I know this thread is a bit older, but I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere else - we were there 2 weeks ago and the desk agent at HRH told us that they updated to allow unlimited EP to the houses. I can't confirm as we only did each house once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!