Official 2020 HHN Thread - 30 Years of Scares

I've been following this closely and I don't think it was a matter of leadership since they did fully intend on it, not meaning to tease us. I've heard from reliable sources that the intent from leadership was the event was gonna go on. Apparently, all the houses were finished minus some more minor aspects. They still tried to prepare which is why no official announcements ever went out and the Twitter account remained vague. Apparently the nail in the coffin from what I gather (again a rumor, but from a few sources so cannot confirm and I doubt we'll any word from Universal on it) was that a state health official came in within the last few days to do a once-over of the event and they gave it the axe saying it wasn't doable, which unfortunately they cannot argue.

Universal has already dealt a big blow with a massive lay off that included HHN show director, Patrick Braillard, so I'm sure they did not mean it to fall like this. They did everything they could to keep it moving, but some things you just can never plan for. It's why we've had things like what happened in HHN11 in 2001 with having to remove the gore and cutting Eddie within a month or more recently HHN27 where AOV had to come up with a new show in days after their set got destroyed by Irma as well as Festival of the Deadliest being re-worked. Construction has to start at a certain point or it won't get done, same with tickets and casting, the timeline can't be changed it was either go ahead or don't and a lot of things already started before the pandemic even hit.

I understand being upset I had sent in my audition the other day and not gonna lie my initial reaction was not exactly pretty. At the end of the day, placing blame on leadership isn't gonna bring the event back or make this all better. Best thing to do is look forward to 2021, support Universal as well as those displaced by this (lots of scare actors had already been hired), wear your masks, social distance and hope for the best.
Id agree- no doubt they wanted to do this and in general this has been one of the few miss steps for Universal's reopening IMO
Even with the reduced crowds I did not see how they could pull this off - it was going to be a major challenge.
With everything going on this was the one bright spot for a lot of people to look forward too.
I'm a bit annoyed they did not make the decision sooner - especially after they started recruiting for SAs - that had me convinced it was going to happen and starting to plan for it fully.
Now I am left trying to decide do I really want to go for a week if their is no HHN or other event.
It's going to be really hard to cancel that bargain airfare and hotel room.

I know someone mentioned about the fact that you can either get your BOGO tickets refunded OR hold onto them until next year but I took a screenshot from the website with all the FAQs for anyone who might need it.

I know someone mentioned about the fact that you can either get your BOGO tickets refunded OR hold onto them until next year but I took a screenshot from the website with all the FAQs for anyone who might need it.

View attachment 513186

Im not sure what the incentive would be to keep tickets only.

Also any word on how the premiere ap will be compensated?

Im not sure what the incentive would be to keep tickets only.

Also any word on how the premiere ap will be compensated?

I know some people are just keeping them just to have it. Many locals bought BOGO in case Frequent Fear didn't happen this year and well... now nothing, but no harm in holding onto it I guess.

I'm guessing the Premiere AP follows normal refund procedures since the parks are opened so it is viable. I'd call the numbers listed above too for that since I'm sure they may have better answers or better options than what is currently listed, considering the circumstances.

If I had BOGO tickets, I'd get a refund, personally. But, it might be worth it to keep the tickets for the inevitable ticket price increase next year. I'd rather have my cash back in hand, though.

Yeah I figured I’d just get a refund, unless Universal wants to pay me interest or something for my investment I’ll take the refund.

If I ever borrowed money from someone for a year I’m sure they’d want me to pay interest.

Another brick in the great wall of 2020D55BC089-A350-40D8-BAA9-4D49356B2E19.jpeg
The red-headed step-children of Universal are nothing but resilient & accustomed to our share of adversity

Nothing wrong with taking a beat, while we attempt to wrap our heads around the cancellation announcement.
0159D55D-ED75-40CF-8826-E17EC7E8B101.jpeg
We’ll get ‘em next year but do expect them to really...

Leaving the lights on

seem's like UOR, UH, and DL were all in a stand off to see who would cancel their halloween events first. Has BG-Tampa or Knott's cancelled theirs?

Last edited:
seem's like UOR, UH, and DL were all in a stand off to see who would cancel their halloween events first. Has BG-Tampa or Knott's cancelled theirs?
From what I understand UOR had no other option - the county inspector wanted changes that were impossible to implement.
It was a go right up till that point.

UH and DL wont even be open as a park so I feel cancel of the events was a given.

has not been an announcement yet from BG that I have seen and no idea on Knotts

Just like UH and DLR, Knott's is also still closed so I think it's safe to assume Scary Farm isn't happening either. Not sure about BG, but I doubt they will since they usually take a lot of their cues from Universal so I think we can expect all larger Haunt attractions not to happen this year sadly.

From what I understand UOR had no other option - the county inspector wanted changes that were impossible to implement.
It was a go right up till that point.

UH and DL wont even be open as a park so I feel cancel of the events was a given.

That’s what I have been reading on FB about HHN.

So since HHN has been going on for the last 30 years, is it going to be strictly US through the Halloween season with literally no Halloween decor?

This feels so strange like unchartered waters for me , this whole Covid messed up a lot of things this year

Yeah I dont see them or Disney doing the Halloween stuff - they dont need the extra expense of setting it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter