Official 2020 HHN Thread - 30 Years of Scares

Busch Gardens Tampa is having Howl o Scream. Just got an email saying mostly outdoor and timed entry. 29.99 price is what I saw button to buy.
No way, hmmmm

did u get the military offer for free tixs to SW parks?

FYI for those looking for a haunt. Does appear to be held entirely outside.

Howl-O-Scream is a separately ticketed event, available during 18 horrifying nights at Busch Gardens beginning Sept. 25 – Nov. 1, 2020, every Friday through Sunday.

DON'T PANIC... HOWL-O-SCREAM IS COMING
Tampa Bay’s premier Halloween event is preparing to return in a whole new way this fall with the 21st annual Howl-O-Scream. This year’s modified production will be unlike any other, including significantly enhanced safety and health measures at the core of the event. The event will be modified to feature open-air scare zones, limited-capacity admission with reservations required, and physical distancing.

https://buschgardens.com/tampa/events/howl-o-scream/reservations/

So couple things that are going around. They are keeping several houses "up" I'd assume the original stuff for next year.
The other thing is a rumor they will open one house to daytime guests.
Id assume Beetlejucie since they opened the themed room. Will be annoyed if I miss that - but cant see going just for that.

RixFlix has updated this daytime rumour to be 5 houses on the weekends. Hmmmm. If that is true then I might have to make a trip.
Any locals hearing anything like that

I read on one site about select houses are still in place for a walk thru
No scare actors but can see some basics of what is inside a few select houses.

I won’t be at UO until late this month but hope to read what others know about this and not have to wait before I go to find out.

RixFlix has updated this daytime rumour to be 5 houses on the weekends. Hmmmm. If that is true then I might have to make a trip.
Any locals hearing anything like that

I read on one site about select houses are still in place for a walk thru
No scare actors but can see some basics of what is inside a few select houses.

I won’t be at UO until late this month but hope to read what others know about this and not have to wait before I go to find out.

I don't think they are currently allowing people to walk through the houses. However, there are rumblings of something potentially coming. This is from some locals.

A walkthrough of select houses would be neat for locals, but the lack of scareactors- the soul of the houses and the entire event- makes it not worth it to travel imo.

So what I have heard is that people have been contacted about a seasonal event for HHN - supposedly some of the folks that had been hired as scareactors - in the last two days.

Yeah no SAs and I would not travel - the rumor is just weekends but have also heard Wed-Sun

Will be keeping a close eye on this

Rumor is 4 houses

The Brides
Toothfairy
HHN Icons
Beetlejuice

It will be a day event starting as early as park opening and running through the end of the day
(park close)

Because of the lack of actors they are able to bring in due to the daytime hours as opposed to night, the 4 houses will operate on a rotational basis.

The Brides + Toothfairy weekend #1
HHN Icons + Beetlejuice weekend #2
Repeat

Might be a different combination of the houses.

First few weeks the “event” will run on Fri/Sat/Sun and starting in mid-October the “event” will run Wed-Sun.

An official announcement is expected this weekend, possibly as soon as tomorrow as the HHN Twitter account has posted this:

Halloween Horror Nights (@HorrorNightsORL) Tweeted:
thinking about having a seance this weekend. who’s with me?

“Event” also rumored to begin next weekend and potentially run through as late as November 15th

All of these are rumors, nothing official until its official

It would be ridiculous to run it on weekends when the crowds are already large.
I hear what your saying but they probably expect the crowds to not be as large now that school has started.
Maybe they will attract some people to go for a weekend from out of state - but I cant see doing that even with flight that are less than $50 for only two houses. If they work up to four on a weekend come October than maybe

I hear what your saying but they probably expect the crowds to not be as large now that school has started.
Maybe they will attract some people to go for a weekend from out of state - but I cant see doing that even with flight that are less than $50 for only two houses. If they work up to four on a weekend come October than maybe

Theres no haunted attractions anywhere near me this year. I have a trip planned for the end of October, but was going to cancel. If there’s even 2 houses, I would make the trip (from NY). Quite a few people on InsideUniversal have already booked/rebooked rooms in anticipation of the announcement. But those are diehard fans. I wouldnt expect many of the casual HHN fans to make the trip for 2houses

I’m probably one of the minority in this, but I’m not excited about it haha. We don’t do HHN, and we were looking forward to a slower/lower crowd trip in a few weeks. We’re supposed to be there sept 25-27 and oct 2-4 (Disney during the week). Already know weekends are going to be more crowded, but I worry that with this coming back in we will end up with long lines and overly crowded again in the park in general

I know for some people it’s a big draw and of course I’m glad that universal is able to do something, but just wish it wasn’t when we were there for selfish reasons haha.

will have to see what happens when it officially gets announced. I saw sat the 19th as the rumored start date, as they just extended the hours for that weekend. Every day otherwise is closing at 5 pm. I would think if they add this in then they would likely extend the weekend hours in order to have more of a draw.

I’ve also heard rumors that there could be a seperate cost for this as well as it being included with admission. We shall see! I expect and announcement any day though

Universal has confirmed a test run on the 19th and 20th of 2 houses Revenge of the Tooth Fairy and Universal’s Bride of Frankenstein, cast member preview is Friday, the app will be used for virtual line.

If it is successful then likely will be offered again.

107A6300-C365-42BE-8C93-534AB7DD90B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Man UO needs to stop teasing us!!! The weather and sun going down earlier in the day is making me feel as though it's time for HHN!!

I really hate this Coronavirus

Anyone know if Express Pass can be used for the houses this weekend or will it only be virtual lines like Hagrid’s?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts