Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

First time staying onsite, so first time I got to book at 60 days. It was weird seeing all the big rides with multiple times to choose from lol.

First 3 mile run since Marathon weekend. Felt good, but definitely need to get back to regular cadence of runs over the next 45 days. Probably 2-3 3 milers during the work week, and long run on the weekend.

Fastpass morning went well. MDE on the computer didn't recognize my wife's tickets, but the app did. Didn't choose FOP, Slinky Dog, or 7DMT on purpose. Committed to two days as HS, so doing Runaway Railway both days. Will do 7DMT at After Hour. Doing AK on arrival day after the expo, so obviously no availability at 60 days.

Got up at 4am to do fastpasses this morning. Got Runaway Railway on Tuesday, then went back and flipped my Monday/Tuesday schedule to give me a better chance of doing Rise of the Resistance, so ended up with a slightly-later Runaway Railway on Monday. Tuesday is now a MK day until I have to head to the airport.

I got everything I wanted, pretty much - Soarin, FOP, 7DMT, and M&MRR as the top-tier ones. Plan now is fly in Friday (expo, maybe catch Epcot Forever), Saturday at Epcot, Sunday to Animal Kingdom after the race (I've done this twice now so it's unalterable tradition), Monday to Studios, Tuesday to MK and then fly out.

I did get MMRR for Sat., but quite a bit later than I'll want to be out in a park. I'll keep trying to find an earlier time, but I may just cancel it. I had better luck with Mon and grabbed a FP time I can hit before heading home, assuming no ride malfunctions. Got MF:SR for Sun., though, and hoping to take advantage of EMHs and/or Single Rider to run multiple missions for Hondo!

Got up at 4:30 am to be able to get to a point in my commute by 7 that I could safely pull over and get fastpasses!

Pretty much got everything I wanted, including MMRR on both Monday and Tuesday. My friends who are traveling with me had trouble booking any of the "good" fastpasses at AK on Sat, so I redirected them to Sun. Overall, perfectly workable until a better plan comes along. :)

Was hoping for MMRR on Saturday, but the times that were left were too late. But Slinky isn't a bad consolation lol

the fastpass tier changes really help plan HS . no i hope they can some how do something for new star wars ride . boarding group including backups going in 90 sec most this week

I'm not getting into town until the morning of the 18th, so it looks like all the good fast passes are already taken, still got MFSR for Monday. Now it's a couple months of endless refreshing to try and get FoP.

Other than that, I'm a little over week post-appendix surgery, should be able to run again in a few more weeks. Going to be cutting it close!

I get in on the 18th also, so today was my fastpass day. I got everything I wanted, but I'm staying until Wednesday and planned the hardest-to-get fastpasses for my last two days.

My Runaway Railway and Flight of Passage fastpasses are for Tues 2/21 and Wed 2/22 respectively, which had plenty of availability as of this AM. I also got Frozen for Saturday evening after the expo, and 7DMT for Sunday afternoon, so everything worked out well!

It took me quite a while to plan out my fastpass strategy this morning and the MDE app was useless... it kept failing to load fastpass selections, etc. I switched to safari on my iphone and it worked MUCH better with zero glitches!

For the first time ever I was able to get close to the times I wanted for all the rides I wanted. That surprised me as there's always some "concession" I have to make to get a specific ride. Granted I'm staying for a week after the race, but I still did not expect that as I've never had it happen before. I certainly agree that Smugglers Run and Runaway Railway are helping the DHS fastpass quite a bit.

I did get MMRR for Sat., but quite a bit later than I'll want to be out in a park. I'll keep trying to find an earlier time, but I may just cancel it. I had better luck with Mon and grabbed a FP time I can hit before heading home, assuming no ride malfunctions. Got MF:SR for Sun., though, and hoping to take advantage of EMHs and/or Single Rider to run multiple missions for Hondo!
Last time Rey asked me to help repair the Falcon after all the missions Chewie and Hondo have been taking the Falcon on. It was great to see the in land reference.

I see that last year the 10K started at MK parking and ended at EP parking. Is this typically the case? Any chance it will be an EP start & finish this year? (that would make it a lot easier for using a car)

Has runDisney released images of the weekend MagicBand? I've searched but everything states "designs to be released later".

Even though I won't be participating this year, I'd love to see what they look like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter