• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Edit: my webpage didn’t update and now it did so I see my news is old news. 😂.
Seeing reports on blogs that tomorrow they will start to celebrate halfway to Halloween with announcements.

Any military members in this group? I have a question on how purchasing tickets work (through shades or local base).

If anyone has experience from years past - does local base carry tickets or do I need to order them from shades?

Any military members in this group? I have a question on how purchasing tickets work (through shades or local base).

If anyone has experience from years past - does local base carry tickets or do I need to order them from shades?
You can purchase them from a base ticket office or shades. Look on shades website and it will give you instructions. We bought tickets this year from Shades and from NAS Pensacola ticket office. No difference. You get a code to put in MDE and then you assign tickets. Easy peasy

You can purchase them from a base ticket office or shades. Look on shades website and it will give you instructions. We bought tickets this year from Shades and from NAS Pensacola ticket office. No difference. You get a code to put in MDE and then you assign tickets. Easy peasy
Pensacola sells MNSSHP tickets? That's great to know! I thought it was only Shades.

Thanks. We’re holding off buying our park tickets from base bc I wasn’t sure if they sold party tickets, and if we needed to order from shades I was going to just order all the tickets and party tickets together through their order form

In my experience, local bases don't carry them (unless maybe FL ones do), so you'd need to order from Shades.

Check prices though, in the last year, maybe two, the price hasn't been that different from buying direct from WDW. (If Shades is still charging the $15 FedEx fee, it came out the same price or more IIRC). Although I think I read somewhere SOG is now sending digital tickets like other base offices do, hopefully, applies to MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets too.

I should have read ahead! That's great news.

(In Virginia/DC we cannot buy them locally)

I have a question if anyone knows. When the dates are announced, will the tickets go on sale immediately? Also, when the tickets do go on sale, do DVC members or those staying on property get early access to purchase?

I have a question if anyone knows. When the dates are announced, will the tickets go on sale immediately? Also, when the tickets do go on sale, do DVC members or those staying on property get early access to purchase?
The past few years tickets did not go on sale immediately, they announced that they would start being offered for sale several days later, and yes priority was given to those staying on site. That said, none of the parties sold out last year for months so I don’t think you have much to worry about either way.

The past few years tickets did not go on sale immediately, they announced that they would start being offered for sale several days later, and yes priority was given to those staying on site. That said, none of the parties sold out last year for months so I don’t think you have much to worry about either way.
thank you!!

That said, none of the parties sold out last year for months so I don’t think you have much to worry about either way.
Yeah last year we bought our tickets like a month before we left for our trip in Aug. I think the only dates I saw that were sold out at the time were Halloween day.

I’m not blase about the party, I’ve been going to it for years and will continue going to it. The thing is people getting all worked up about it are stressing themselves out unnecessarily, Disney will announce it when they announce it. There is no need to stress out about it. If you booked for a time in Aug for instance based on the assumption the party is going to happen and it doesn’t, when Disney announces it isn’t going to change that as Ellebelle had previously stated. If the party is that important then it’s probably best to book in Sept/Oct that way you know it will be happening. I more so want to see if they change the theme, Hocus Pocus has been going since 2015 so it’s time to change it up but won’t know that part until after they’ve announced the dates.
Booking in September or October is fine if you aren't regulated by school schedules. My oldest goes back to college in mid August and most professors have stringent attendance policies so we don't have that option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter