*****Official April 2020 thread*****

It's getting close for up April travelers! And I'm getting antsy! Please share your plans- who's in your travel party, where you're staying, which parks and activities you're planning, fast passes you booked or hope to get, where you're eating, what new things you're doing, what you're most looking forward too, shopping you still have to do, things like that- to give us all something to read as we eagerly await our trips getting here! TIA!
Here's our basic plans:
Travel Party: Party of 4, adults and kids
Lodging: SOG
Tickets/Park and other plans: Park hoppers 6 day and DAH one day, plus Disney Springs two days
Fast passes:
-HS three days: (MMRR, RnR, TSMM) (MFSR, ST, Muppets) (SDD, TSMM, RnR)
-MK two days/DAH: (SDMT, Character Meet, SM) (SDMT, PP, SM)
-Epcot one day: (Land Pavilion rides and Spaceship Earth)
-AK one: (FoP, Dino, Safari)

Dining: Beaches, Via Napoli (placeholder to swap out for Space 220 if that happens), Kona Cafe, SciFi, BoG, and still undecided with DS booking)
New things doing: Droid build (and that's a maybe, have a reservation but really questioning the price vs experience and talk with kids on it, one already said not really feeling it, but I have it booked late in the week so they'll see it in the park, and I can still have the 24 hour to cancel if it's a no then) and NBA Experience
Shopping to do: My kids need spring/summer clothes anyway not just due to trip, extra pair of running shoes each, slides, and packing cubes, me limited maybe a few tshirts/shorts from Target

(stealing Jen's format)

Travel Party: Party of 5 - two parents, 13, 10, and 8
Lodging: Hard Rock and Yacht Club
Tickets/Park and other plans: 2 days at Universal, 1 day at Kennedy Space Center, 4 Disney park days, and a some sightseeing in Tampa (manatees, kids first time at gulf side beach)
Fast passes:
  • EPCOT: plan to rope drop Frozen, FP for TT, M:S, and SE (hopefully not under refurb yet!)
  • HS: one full day and one another morning, hoping to snag BG for RotR, rope drop SDD, FP for RnRC, TM, MFSR, ST, AS2, MMRR
  • MK: Villians After Hours (same day as our HS morning, no FPs)
  • AK: FP for FoP, EE, KS

Dining: kitchen sink @ Beaches n Cream, Sci Fi, Boma brunch, Chef Mickey's brunch...if Space220 opens in time we'll hit it for lunch, DH is excited about Winter Park BBQ place he used to visit when he was in Orlando for work,

New things doing:
  • Disney wise: Droids, Rhino tour at AK (we'll probably get to pet a rhino! a real rhino!!), several new lands since our last WDW trip (Pandora, TSL, SWGE), staying in walkable distance to EP/HS, kids are excited for Stormalong bay, Villians After Hours
  • Universal: our first ever trip, so everything is new! excited for WWoHP, and more thrilling rides than Disney
  • Kennedy Space Center: our first trip! we had a great time 2 years ago seeing Space Shuttle Endeavour in California, looking forward to even more things to see
Shopping to do: ugh...we're in MN, so need to assess their warmer weather stuff (darn kids keep growing) - sandals, swimwear, otherwise we should be in pretty good shape!

I'm still working on our plan. I watch the ROTR boarding group thread all day as riding that more than once is my main goal for this trip.

Cast of characters: Myself (42), dh (46), ds (13), dd (11)
Dates and resort: April 25- May 2 (Saturday to Saturday), Art of Animation (family suite - have TP set up to request building 3- cars, 4, or 5 -both Nemo)
Park Tickets: Dh and I have APs, the kids will have 8-day park hoppers
Dining: No DP purchased, we have Tables in Wonderland and will use discounted gift cards, ADRs at Liberty

Current plan (again, still tweaking since FP day is a week away- next Tuesday):

Sat, April 25: AK for the evening (approximately 5-close, currently 8 pm)
Sun, April 26: DHS - first try for ROTR
Mon, April 27: DHS (as long as it opens at 8 or 9) - second try for ROTR - also doing DAH at MK this night, event time is 10 pm - 1 am
Tue, April 28: Sleep in a bit, then AK for the day (closes at 6 for a private event of some sort), Sanaa ADR at 6:05, then Epcot emh until 11
Wed, April 29: DHS - 3rd try for ROTR, will also probably spend time at Epcot when we aren't waiting for our BG
Thu, April 30: MK -
Fri, May 1: AK
Sat
, May 2: DHS - 4th try for ROTR (tragical express pick up will be around 2:30 - so we will be hoping for a very low number BG!)

If ROTR is as amazing as it sounds, we might try again Thursday and Friday before hopping away for our MK and AK plans. Being at AOA means we'll be on the Skyliner, which won't help us for rope drop but will help us return to our room for afternoon breaks or pool time. I'm so excited to be able to get around more easily! With 3 tier 1 rides at DHS, that also means needing to go multiple times. I don't know if we'll be able to get any tier 1 fastpasses for our first DHS day. The DIBB shows SDD will be our best hope since it'll be 60+1. Link in case anyone here hasn't seen this awesome site: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

I don't plan to get any pre-booked fastpasses for Epcot. We love Epcot, but with everything else going on, we feel it will be the easiest to just go whenever we feel like it and take whatever fastpasses we can get. I'm hoping to eat at a few booths during F&G, too.

Travel Party: Party of 6 (Dh & me + our 4 kids). My parents are also coming for a few days in the middle to meet up.
Lodging: AKL DVC (parents are staying at the swan)
Tickets/Park and other plans: 7 day 1 park per day and AKAH and MKAH tickets.
Fast passes:
-HS three days: (MMRR, RnR, TT) (TSMM, AS, SDD) (MFSR, ST, RnR)
-MK 1 day + AH: (SDMT, BTM, SM)
-Epcot 2 days: (TT, MS, Nemo) (FEA, TTC, SE)
-AK one + AH: (FoP, EE, Safari)

Dining: Via Napoli ,SciFi, Sanaa, Rose and Crown pub, HBD, FF, Boma, California Grill, Tiffins, skippers.
New things doing: We haven’t been in 5 years so I feel like a lot is new. First time we have gone with my parents. First time seeing Star Wars Land & Pandora. First time with After hours party tickets! First time dining at Tiffins, Flying Fish, Sci fi. We haven’t seen Disney springs so we might head down there on arrival day to see what it’s all about. We are celebrating DD(18) graduation and the fact that she just found out she’s a National Merit Finalist! (She finishes HS in June but we had to go in April due to her brother’s football schedule starting back up in June). So this is a big celebration with lots of rides/restaurants planned for her. I’m thinking about upgrading her to an AP while we are there because right now it’s looking like she’s going to attend college in Orlando. (Good excuse for us to visit Disney more)?! We will know for sure her final choice of college by our trip. I’m also hoping to get some graduation ears placed in the room on arrival but they don’t have them on the Disney floral site yet. Hopefully soon. The AH parties were her birthday gift this year. She just found out about them this month and she’s super excited. (She is my huge Disney lover out of the bunch. So proud that I passed the gene on to at least one of them!). I can’t wait. It’s been such a long time away!

Travel Party: Me DH and DD16
Lodging: Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Villas studio (DVC rental)
Tickets/Park and other plans: 7 day hopper tickets, plus After hours and Villains after hours at MK.
  • HS heavy this trip for SWGE one full day and 2 half days
  • One MK day plus after hours
  • one epcot day (not thrilled with construcation)
  • One full and one half AK day

Dining: Sanaa, Topolino's terrace, Cali Grill, and Whispering canyon for TS, plus Oga's once.

New things doing:
  • SWGE and Toy Story Land are new to us. We are doing Savi's and Droid depot
  • Topolino's terrace adn Whispering Canyon are new restaurants for us
  • Villains After Hours
Shopping to do: Not a whole lot left. Bought some disposable ponchos with drawstring hoods and a set of cooling towels. Still need to get sunscreen. I will make a grocery order.

Hi everyone! We just booked our April 24-28 trip. DH is at the Swan/Dolphin for a conference, and I am tagging along. The kids don’t get to come this time - they will spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa while Mom and Dad can have some away time. I’m super excited but feeling a tad bit guilty for leaving the kids. But, then again is is mainly for the conference for DH. Anyway, we have never been in April. We have only been in the summer and just a day in January last year when I had a conference. How’s the weather in April? I’m from Colorado, so April can still be cold and even snowy here. Should I pack shorts? Does it rain a lot like in the summer?

Our trip actually starts in March, but about half of it is in April, so I'm going to post our plans in this thread too! It's my wife and I going on this trip:

March 28th - Flight arrives early afternoon - MK - 7DMT, Peter Pan's Flight and Big Thunder

March 29th - Epcot - Test Track, Spaceship Earth and LwtL, Teppon Edo for lunch

March 30th - DHS - Try for a RotR BG, TSM, Star Tours and MMRR, Oga's Cantina in the evening. We also have a reservation for both of us to make the custom astromechs!

March 31st - AK - Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari and Flight of Passage, Pizzafari Family-Style buffet for supper (never tried it, sounds interesting

April 1st - DHS - Trying again for a RotR BG, TSM, Star Tours and MFSR, Beaches and Cream lunch. We have a reservation at Savi's Workshop to make a Lightsaber in the early evening.

April 2nd - MK - 7DMT, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear, LTT for lunch

April 3rd - AK - Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safari and FotLK, no meal plans in particular this day

April 4th - Epcot - Frozen, Spaceship Earth and LwtL, Le Cellier for supper, cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread are so good!

April 5th - departure day, but our flight leaves in the afternoon, so heading to DHS one more time - SDD and TSM

My wife is making me take an extra suitcase just for Baby Yoda souvenirs....

Hi everyone! We just booked our April 24-28 trip. DH is at the Swan/Dolphin for a conference, and I am tagging along. The kids don’t get to come this time - they will spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa while Mom and Dad can have some away time. I’m super excited but feeling a tad bit guilty for leaving the kids. But, then again is is mainly for the conference for DH. Anyway, we have never been in April. We have only been in the summer and just a day in January last year when I had a conference. How’s the weather in April? I’m from Colorado, so April can still be cold and even snowy here. Should I pack shorts? Does it rain a lot like in the summer?

Not like Colorado at all! Likely hot (average high in April is 83) with less rain than the summer.

It's getting close for up April travelers! And I'm getting antsy! Please share your plans- who's in your travel party, where you're staying, which parks and activities you're planning, fast passes you booked or hope to get, where you're eating, what new things you're doing, what you're most looking forward too, shopping you still have to do, things like that- to give us all something to read as we eagerly await our trips getting here! TIA!

Oh, I'm in, I need to get more excited for my trip!

Traveling- myself! (32)
Dates: April 26 - May 1
Lodging: POFQ for April 26, Pop (first time) for April 27-May 1
Parks/activities: regular Springs & parks, DAH on 4/27

FP's I want: I like a lot of shows and non-FP things, but for MK I usually try to get 7DMT, Big Thunder, and HM. Epcot I'm only going to worry about LwtL and SSE if it's still open. AK I always get FoP, Everest, and Dinosaur, and then I'll play the refresh game for more FoP. Hollywood Studios, who knows.

Eating: my ADR's are for Skipper Canteen on 4/27 (gotta get my shiriki noodles and Kungaloosh beer), CA Grill also on 4/27 (probably just a few apps and a drink or two), and Boma for dinner on 4/29 (my AK day). I also have an ADR for Oga's on 4/30, but I don't know if I'm keeping that.

Current plan:
Sun, April 26: arriving around 9:30am, hitting up Springs for shopping and lunch, then relaxing at POFQ pool
Mon, April 27: MK! RD something, shows, catch Trolley Show & Dapper Dans, Skipper ADR, probably leave around 2pm to check into Pop. Relax until CA Grill ADR, then going back to MK for DAH! Plan on sticking it out until event ends at 1am.
Tue, April 28: Epcot day. No need to RD. I like to ride TT as many times as I can single rider, then a few FP's, then promptly at 11am I'll start eating @ F&G booths and wandering World Showcase. Short break, will be back at Epcot for EMH by 7:30 where I'll watch ever single showing of Impressions de France until it stops, then I'll probably watch the fireworks and slowly wander around WS.
Wed, April 29: AK day. I might RD, we'll see. I'll ride Everest first thing before I chicken out. Then I'll probably ride Dinosaur as many times as I can until waits balloon, then FoP FP. I always go to Nomad Lounge for a drink and play the refresh game for another FoP FP. Honestly, I just like wandering around AK, snacking, and taking in the sights. Back to MK for EMH.
Thu, April 30: Confession - I kinda hate Hollywood Studios. I haven't been there since 2016. But I plan on trying it again - maybe a FP for Slinky Dog, and ToT. Have Oga's reservation at 11:30am. Honestly, though, if crowd reports are still nuts I am simply not going to bother. I don't see the point in seeing a new land if the crowds prevent you from SEEING anything. Either way I'll probably be out by 2pm. Then I'll go back to the resort, swim, and then pick another park for the evening.
Fri, May 1: flight is around 4pm so DME will probably be there around 1pm-ish. I like to go to MK and do one final ride on my favorites, ending with PeopleMover. However, if SSE is still open, I might go to Epcot instead and ride that as many times as possible.

New things: if I end up going to HS, it will be my first time there since Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge opened. Other than that, nothing really new.
Looking forward to: just the feeling of BEING at WDW. I want to make sure I have a lot of 'relax, just wander around with ice cream and look at stuff' time.
Shopping I still have to do:
just a few toiletries, everything else is good to go (including 3 new Disney shirts!)

Travel Party: 3 Me, DW, DD(8) April 4-10
Lodging: POFQ - our "home resort"
Tickets: 6 day park hopper
FP/plan: Epcot- FEA, SE Lw/the Land
MK- Fantasyland EEMM, BTMR, POTC, JC
HS- RnR, ASwS, SDD
MK- SM, HM, SDMT
AK- Safari, EE, FoP
HS- ST, MMRR, TSM
Dining: Booths at Flower/garden, Ohana, Homecomin', BoG, LeCellier, 1900
Park Fair, Sci-Fi

Traveling: me (39, turning 40 on the trip!) and DH (43)
NOT traveling: our three kids (8, 6, 3) who are staying home with Grandma and Grandpa!
Dates: April 24-27, flying home in the am April 28
Lodging: Polynesian! Three nights for two people is pretty much the only situation in which we could afford it. We're checking out on the 27th and staying at Pop for our final night. It was cheaper to stay an extra night there, with no park ticket and no dining plan, than pay the airfare difference to leave the night of 27th.
Parks/activities: Roughly a day at each park with a few extras. We got hoppers just in case. We'll be doing Early Morning Magic in Fantasyland on 4/26, and Wild Africa Trek on 4/25 (mah berfday!)
Previous trips: besides childhood trips, we went as a family in 2017 and 2019, hoping to go again in 2021, but maybe 2022 is more realistic.

FP's I want: Test Track, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safari, Dinosaur, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Slinky Dog Dash, Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers. Biggest priority is Slinky Dog Dash! On our last trip, the kids wanted to ride with Daddy (someone had to stay with baby) so I didn't get to ride. So sad.

Eating: since it's just the two of us--and we like to eat--we went whole hog and got the deluxe plan. We have ADRs at Teppan Edo, The Coral Reef, Tusker House, Hoop Dee Doo, Liberty Tree Tavern, Storybook Dining at Artist Point, 50s Prime Time, and Ohana

Current plan:
Fri 4/24: Landing around 10am, planning to hit the ground running and get over to Epcot ASAP. We always like to start with Spaceship Earth, which will hopefully still be open. Then we'll enjoy Flower & Garden and World Showcase, two things we haven't really been able to fully "experience" with the kids. On our last trip, we ended up on a death march through World Showcase on a 100 degree day with my 8-year-old begging to be carried (because the other two were already smushed into the stroller). We'll make our way back down for FPs at Test Track and Mission Space, then have dinner at Coral Reef, and browse attractions in that area. We need at least one ride on Soarin', DH's favorite thing in all of WDW, and Living with the Land. We'll see how tired we are, and maybe see what else we can do, or just head back to the Poly.

Sat 4/25: My 40th birthday! We're starting with morning extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom, and we'll be aiming for Safari for first. We have breakfast at Tusker House, and then Wild Africa Trek, which I am super duper excited for! Afterwards, we're hoping to have an FP for FoP, but if we can't get it, we're not going to stress. We haven't ridden it yet, so we don't know what we'll be missing. If it works out, we'll have an FP for another safari. Then we'll have an FP for Dinosaur, and check out It's Tough to be a Bug, both things we've missed out on on previous trips. Because we're getting fed on the Wild Africa Trek, we're not planning to eat lunch anywhere else. The goal is to leave AK by 3:30ish so we'll have time to rest and shower before my birthday dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo. After dinner, we want to get over to Magic Kingdom and see Happily Ever After. See, I love fireworks, but our oldest has some sensory issues, and is especially frightened by fireworks, so we have never been able to see any of the shows at WDW. I'm really excited to finally see it!

Sunday 4/26: We're beginning this day with Early Morning Magic at Magic Kingdom, where I'll ride 7DMT as many times as possible. We may actually start with Peter Pan's Flight and then Winnie the Pooh, since most people will be going to 7DMT first. Then we'll spend the rest of the time on 7DMT. We want to rope drop Space Mountain at 9, then jump on Buzz Lightyear, and get our breakfast at around 9:45. We have back to back to back FPs for Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, and Jungle Cruise, and we'll squeeze in whatever we can in between. After, we have lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, and we'll just see what other FPs we can get. We have dinner reservations at Artist Point, and after that we may go to a park that's open late, or check out Disney Springs. Or just enjoy the Poly!

Monday 4/27: This is our Hollywood Studios day, so who knows how it will go. We'll be there at rope drop to try to get a boarding group for RotR, and will probably head to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad on standby first. Our goals for the day are the single rider line at Smuggler's Run, lunch at 50s Prime Time, and our FPs in Toy Story Land. Other than that, I'm looking forward to having time to just stroll and take in the sights without cranky hot kids begging to do a ride or go to the pool. Our dinner is at Ohana, so we'll enjoy that and then leave the evening open. At some point, we have to head over to Pop, probably via an extended ride on the Skyliner, and check in.

Tuesday 4/28: Not much here. Wake up, check out, bus to airport, fly home, hug children.

New things: almost everything! Besides being at WDW without the kids, we're trying almost all new restaurants (50s Prime Time and Hoop Dee Doo are nostalgic favorites). The biggest "new" thing for me is getting over my fear of roller coasters. Seriously, I am a ride wimp. On our last trip, I had grin and bear it for even the Barnstormer. Missing out on SDD was kind of a mixed blessing because I didn't chicken out, but I really was pretty nervous about riding it. So, since I'm turning 40 and it's a milestone, the time is ripe. We're using our Early Morning Magic time to just ride 7DMT over and over and over again, even if I'm scared to death the first (few) times. Eventually, the Barnstormer was fun, so I'm hopeful that once I get over it, 7DMT will be too! After EMM, we plan to rope drop Space Mountain, another ride that terrifies me right now. And then, we can move on to that Thunder Mountain FP, and I will be cured of my roller coaster fear! And if not, well, I gave it my best and will have nothing to be ashamed of.

Looking forward to: everything? I'm really, really excited to push myself outside my comfort zone and try those "scary" rides (hey, they're scary to me, ok??). Also looking forward to the undivided attention time with DH and being able to enjoy the visual side of WDW.
Shopping I still have to do: not much, if anything!

Traveling: me (39, turning 40 on the trip!) and DH (43)
NOT traveling: our three kids (8, 6, 3) who are staying home with Grandma and Grandpa!
Dates: April 24-27, flying home in the am April 28
Lodging: Polynesian! Three nights for two people is pretty much the only situation in which we could afford it. We're checking out on the 27th and staying at Pop for our final night. It was cheaper to stay an extra night there, with no park ticket and no dining plan, than pay the airfare difference to leave the night of 27th.
Parks/activities: Roughly a day at each park with a few extras. We got hoppers just in case. We'll be doing Early Morning Magic in Fantasyland on 4/26, and Wild Africa Trek on 4/25 (mah berfday!)
Previous trips: besides childhood trips, we went as a family in 2017 and 2019, hoping to go again in 2021, but maybe 2022 is more realistic.

FP's I want: Test Track, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safari, Dinosaur, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Slinky Dog Dash, Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers. Biggest priority is Slinky Dog Dash! On our last trip, the kids wanted to ride with Daddy (someone had to stay with baby) so I didn't get to ride. So sad.

Eating: since it's just the two of us--and we like to eat--we went whole hog and got the deluxe plan. We have ADRs at Teppan Edo, The Coral Reef, Tusker House, Hoop Dee Doo, Liberty Tree Tavern, Storybook Dining at Artist Point, 50s Prime Time, and Ohana

Current plan:
Fri 4/24: Landing around 10am, planning to hit the ground running and get over to Epcot ASAP. We always like to start with Spaceship Earth, which will hopefully still be open. Then we'll enjoy Flower & Garden and World Showcase, two things we haven't really been able to fully "experience" with the kids. On our last trip, we ended up on a death march through World Showcase on a 100 degree day with my 8-year-old begging to be carried (because the other two were already smushed into the stroller). We'll make our way back down for FPs at Test Track and Mission Space, then have dinner at Coral Reef, and browse attractions in that area. We need at least one ride on Soarin', DH's favorite thing in all of WDW, and Living with the Land. We'll see how tired we are, and maybe see what else we can do, or just head back to the Poly.

Sat 4/25: My 40th birthday! We're starting with morning extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom, and we'll be aiming for Safari for first. We have breakfast at Tusker House, and then Wild Africa Trek, which I am super duper excited for! Afterwards, we're hoping to have an FP for FoP, but if we can't get it, we're not going to stress. We haven't ridden it yet, so we don't know what we'll be missing. If it works out, we'll have an FP for another safari. Then we'll have an FP for Dinosaur, and check out It's Tough to be a Bug, both things we've missed out on on previous trips. Because we're getting fed on the Wild Africa Trek, we're not planning to eat lunch anywhere else. The goal is to leave AK by 3:30ish so we'll have time to rest and shower before my birthday dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo. After dinner, we want to get over to Magic Kingdom and see Happily Ever After. See, I love fireworks, but our oldest has some sensory issues, and is especially frightened by fireworks, so we have never been able to see any of the shows at WDW. I'm really excited to finally see it!

Sunday 4/26: We're beginning this day with Early Morning Magic at Magic Kingdom, where I'll ride 7DMT as many times as possible. We may actually start with Peter Pan's Flight and then Winnie the Pooh, since most people will be going to 7DMT first. Then we'll spend the rest of the time on 7DMT. We want to rope drop Space Mountain at 9, then jump on Buzz Lightyear, and get our breakfast at around 9:45. We have back to back to back FPs for Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, and Jungle Cruise, and we'll squeeze in whatever we can in between. After, we have lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, and we'll just see what other FPs we can get. We have dinner reservations at Artist Point, and after that we may go to a park that's open late, or check out Disney Springs. Or just enjoy the Poly!

Monday 4/27: This is our Hollywood Studios day, so who knows how it will go. We'll be there at rope drop to try to get a boarding group for RotR, and will probably head to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad on standby first. Our goals for the day are the single rider line at Smuggler's Run, lunch at 50s Prime Time, and our FPs in Toy Story Land. Other than that, I'm looking forward to having time to just stroll and take in the sights without cranky hot kids begging to do a ride or go to the pool. Our dinner is at Ohana, so we'll enjoy that and then leave the evening open. At some point, we have to head over to Pop, probably via an extended ride on the Skyliner, and check in.

Tuesday 4/28: Not much here. Wake up, check out, bus to airport, fly home, hug children.

New things: almost everything! Besides being at WDW without the kids, we're trying almost all new restaurants (50s Prime Time and Hoop Dee Doo are nostalgic favorites). The biggest "new" thing for me is getting over my fear of roller coasters. Seriously, I am a ride wimp. On our last trip, I had grin and bear it for even the Barnstormer. Missing out on SDD was kind of a mixed blessing because I didn't chicken out, but I really was pretty nervous about riding it. So, since I'm turning 40 and it's a milestone, the time is ripe. We're using our Early Morning Magic time to just ride 7DMT over and over and over again, even if I'm scared to death the first (few) times. Eventually, the Barnstormer was fun, so I'm hopeful that once I get over it, 7DMT will be too! After EMM, we plan to rope drop Space Mountain, another ride that terrifies me right now. And then, we can move on to that Thunder Mountain FP, and I will be cured of my roller coaster fear! And if not, well, I gave it my best and will have nothing to be ashamed of.

Looking forward to: everything? I'm really, really excited to push myself outside my comfort zone and try those "scary" rides (hey, they're scary to me, ok??). Also looking forward to the undivided attention time with DH and being able to enjoy the visual side of WDW.
Shopping I still have to do: not much, if anything!
We did the Wild Africa Trek on our last trip and it was fantastic!

We went last year for the last few days of April/beginning of May, and it was "summer" weather, but much less humidity. Plan for shorts and pool time. Maybe a light jacket just in case. We didn't get any rain, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. On our previous summer trip, it rained for at least a little bit almost every day. Hi5 for grownups and leaving the kids behind--maybe we'll run into each other (just look for the happy couple without a care in the world, lol!)

End of April trip planned, April 22-May 3. AKL this time. :-) Our first return to FQ was in Sept and we did Halloween Party and dressed up; will do Villains AH this time, debating about dressing up. (Don't want it to feel too much like a repeat!)

I'm getting aityle worried about the hours for April. Lot of talk of cut back on hours and ride opening to save money while the virus shutdowns the Chinese parks. I was hoping for midnight open of MK like last 2 years around Easter

One good thing about my dog waking me up at 1AM, I was able to score a ‘Ohana reservation at 8pm on my MK day after I received a Touring Plans Alert!

Enjoy it every minute, and the Swan/Dolphin is a great area, you've got the Boardwalk, Epcot, HS all not far away. I can understand feeling guilty, but enjoy it and can bring them back some souvenirs. I only wish we had grandparents for my kids that would do this. April weather was great last year there, warm yet not grossly humid. I always pack a pair of long pants just in case and wear long pants on flights, always have a hoodie with me and a light zip sweatshirt, because I wear those in the room sometimes I get chilly easily especially with A/C on. But in the parks, we wore shorts and tshirts and it was fine, I think one morning I had my light sweatshirt on for just a bit.

I'm packing the same this time, mainly all shorts and t-shirts, some capri length pants, two hoodies and what I'll wear on the plane sweatshirt and long pants, and always do two pairs of running shoes in case one gets wet, a pair of flipflops, and I bring Keen sandals. Rain, no we were pretty fortunate and it didn't rain a lot, and we avoided a rain shower twice. When we've been in summer, that was a whole different kind of weather and much more pop up thunderstorms passing through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter