*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

Roscoe18

Mouseketeer
I did some searching and didn't see a thread listed, so I figured what the heck? I might as well start one. I'll do my best to keep up with updates and post information in this first post. I've never done one of these threads before, so I apologize in advance if I'm not a good thread keeper. I'll post a little about myself and this trip in the second post here. But please, come join us as we look ahead to better times!

IMPORTANT: You can make "park pass reservations" for any trip up through 9/26/21, which affects people in this thread. If you have valid tickets and reservations, you can make these starting on 6/22. If you have an AP or need to buy new tickets, this will be live for you later in the week. Please go here for details:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/
New as of 10/21/20 - room only discounts were released today for travel dates up to 4/17/21. You can find details everywhere but I’m linking this one since I like Tom’s blog:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/40-percent-off-disney-world-hotels-spring-2021/
New as of 11/20/20 - Park Hopping returns in 2021!

April 2021 crew! Post your dates and I'll add you to the list:

KdKyA - 3/26-4/4 Fort Wilderness
justprettynpink - 4/1-4/6 Caribbean Beach Resort
jjpdjr - 4/1-4/8
Happy Gal - 4/1-4/10 Pop Century
petrola - 4/2-4/9
Klmncsu - 4/2-4/10 Caribbean Beach Resort
amymgould - 4/2-4/10 - Bay Lake Tower / Beach Club
JoshF - 4/2-4/5 Riviera / 4/5-4/8 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
dashofsunshine - 4/3-4/8 Old Key West
Tasmen - 4/3-4/9 Beach Club Villas
froggy922 - 4/3-4/10 Pop Century
KSL - 4/3-4/10 Boardwalk Villas
DisneynewbieSC83 - 4/3-4/10 Caribbean Beach Resort
bellanapoli - 4/3-4/10 Shades of Green
Marvin1968 - 4/4-4/9 Caribbean Beach Resort
larrickswife - 4/4-4/9 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
cindianne320 - 4/4-4/10 Pop Century / Royal Pacific
sromanello815 - 4/5-4/9 Copper Creek Villas
caroline5177 - 4/5-4/11 Yacht Club
collegeprogram01 - 4/7-4/17 Bay Lake Tower
stuffed withfluff 4/8-4/14 All Star Movies
JK World 4/8-4/16 Caribbean Beach Resort
OKWfan88 - 4/10-4/16 Pop Century
Mamajessie - 4/10-4/17 Beach Club Villas
Becky2005 - 4/10-4/17 Off site
dznylvr68 - 4/10-4/25 Swan/Dolphin
Justrose 4/11-4/15 Pop Century
KNovacovschi - 4/11-4/16 All Star Movies
madsmom22 - 4/11 All Star Movies / 4/12-4/16 Yacht Club
dism0m - 4/11-4/17 Pop Century
jillinastoria- 4/11-4/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village
Dizznee Freak - 4/11-4/17 Saratoga Springs Resort
mhf - 4/11-4/17 Bay Lake Tower
buzzrelly - 4/11-4/18 Bay Lake Tower
bclittle - 4/12-4/16 Dolphin
Disneylandnewbie - 4/13-4/28 Port Orleans French Quarter
30yearwait - 4/14-4/18 - All Star Movies
Aug2020distrip - 4/14-4/20 offsite
jpakstis - 4/15-4/23 Beach Club Villas DVC rental
TDR32 - 4/15-4/23 Caribbean Beach Resort
DonaldEsquire - 4/16-4/23 Polynesian
Barnabas T Bullion - 4/16-4/25 Caribbean Beach Resort
Rick195275 - 4/16-4/21 Beach Club / 4/22-4/25 Polynesian Resort
sullyfam - 4/16-4/24 Boulder Ridge Villas
Roscoe18 - 4/17-4/23 Poly DVC rental
bebec22 4/17-4/24 Riviera / Villas at Grand Floridian
debdebdebby13 - 4/17-4/24 Pop Century
annadreamsofdisneyworld - 4/17-4/25 Caribbean Beach Resort
CastAStone - 4/17-4/27 Pop Century
Trader Ham - 4/18-4/23 Grand Floridian
alafond83 - 4/18-4/24 AKL Kidani
valval - 4/18-4/29 Caribbean Beach Resort
SheSingsAlong - 4/19-4/26 All Star Movies / Boulder Ridge Villas
Wishfuiiy - 4/19-4/26 Pop Century
slp87 - 4/20-4/25 Riviera / Boardwalk Villas
scard192 - 4/20-4/27 Pop Century
momtwoboys - 4/20-4/27 Boardwalk Villas
Iowamomof4 - 4/20-4/29 Pop Century
DMLAINI - 4/21-4/26 Caribbean Beach Resort pirate room
Bismuth - 4/21-4/29 Pop Century
Nemo32 - 4/21-4/30 Animal Kingdom Villas / Boardwalk Villas
brewhome - 4/22-4/26 Pop Century
tlovesdis - 4/22-4/29 Pop Century
spurk5532 - 4/23-4/29 Pop Century
sommergirl25 - 4/23-5/2 Pop Century
CruellaNY - 4/24-4/27 Copper Creek Villas
DisneyJColeMom - 4/24-4/29 Wilderness Lodge
MaxsDad - 4/24-4/30 Old Key West
KStash - 4/24-5/1 Animal Kingdom Lodge
ZehnJahren - 4/24-5/1 AKL Kidani
disneylove16 - 4/24-5/1 Pop Century
Tbiafore - 4/24-5/4 AKL Jambo
jackieleanne - 4/24-5/7 AKL Jambo DVC
Halloweenqueen - 4/27-5/1 Pop Century
William B - 4/28-5/1 Swan
Farro - 4/28-5/7 Grand Destino Tower
jjr42cornell - 4/29-5/6 Swan

Last edited:
So here's our story - we were booked with a DVC rental at the Poly for 5/2-5/8/20. Obviously, that trip didn't happen. Since it was a DVC rental, I figured we might be out of luck in terms of getting our money back (everything else was either canceled or able to be used on a future trip, so I wasn't too worried about tickets and such). But our rental company issued us a travel credit. We took a step back and thought about when we might go. Originally I looked into this fall (November 2020) but I'm still not sure what the park situation will be by then, so we decided to push it out to next year.

This time we chose April instead of May, hoping to capitalize on slightly cooler weather (and maybe no love bugs?), plus this trip will encompass my birthday, which sounds pretty magical to me. The only question was availability - given the Covid situation, would owners have a glut of points? Would they be using them instead of renting them? I can't speak generally, but in our particular case, we got our rental confirmed over the weekend for the Poly once again! This time for 4/17-4/23.

This whole thing has been so difficult to deal with and I imagine that my story is not much different from other peoples' here. And truly, we don't know what the parks will look like, even eleven months from now! But I'm hoping for the best, and trying to put the negativity behind me as we look forward to going back to normal and going back "home" again. Please join me in this thread and share your stories.

We are confirmed for 4/15 - 4/23/21, rescheduled from April of this year. I was going to run the Star Wars races and for the first time, run both the 10K and the half. Hopefully I'll get to do it next year, then! This would have been our fourth trip since our kids were born (now 11 and 9) and we were renting points for the first time to save on some costs. Of course this was the trip where everything went haywire. We rented points from a DVC member on the point rental board here and she has been incredible! I couldn't be happier with how it has been working out so far (my parents rented points through David's and I'm hoping we'll have a resolution soon).

None of our "trevails" compare to what others have been dealing with but it seems that after the first few weeks our plans have settled down a bit. Our flight situations have been resolved; our park tickets too. Its nice to turn an eye toward planning our trip!

We are confirmed for 4/15 - 4/23/21, rescheduled from April of this year. I was going to run the Star Wars races and for the first time, run both the 10K and the half. Hopefully I'll get to do it next year, then! This would have been our fourth trip since our kids were born (now 11 and 9) and we were renting points for the first time to save on some costs. Of course this was the trip where everything went haywire. We rented points from a DVC member on the point rental board here and she has been incredible! I couldn't be happier with how it has been working out so far (my parents rented points through David's and I'm hoping we'll have a resolution soon).

None of our "trevails" compare to what others have been dealing with but it seems that after the first few weeks our plans have settled down a bit. Our flight situations have been resolved; our park tickets too. Its nice to turn an eye toward planning our trip!

Welcome! Where are you staying? I'll add you to the list.

This was also our first time renting DVC so of course it had to be the time where everything went crazy. Looks like we're back on track. For us, this will be the kids' second trip (they'll be 11 and 7 at the time of the trip)

was June 7-11 had to reschedule.. We are now April 11-17th 2020..not sure where we are staying though.. it is a toss up between all star movies or port Orleans riverside
🤷‍♀️

Hi there!

I have the May 2021 thread going, but we will also be there a few days end of April (April/May trip), so I'll be watching this thread too! :D

Hi there!

I have the May 2021 thread going, but we will also be there a few days end of April (April/May trip), so I'll be watching this thread too! :D

Hello my fellow May friend! Sorry things didn't work out for us this year (for various reasons) but we're on to 2021!

was June 7-11 had to reschedule.. We are now April 11-17th 2020..not sure where we are staying though.. it is a toss up between all star movies or port Orleans riverside
🤷‍♀️

Welcome! Glad to see people looking ahead to the lovely month of April next year.

Welcome! Where are you staying? I'll add you to the list.

We're staying at the Beach Club Villas. We were able to get a 2BR, like we had rented for this past April. We were (and now are!) forward to it! I need to get the ticker in my signature line. Also, it looks like DVC re-allocated their points, so we were able to add one more night for free essentially!

This was also our first time renting DVC so of course it had to be the time where everything went crazy. Looks like we're back on track. For us, this will be the kids' second trip (they'll be 11 and 7 at the time of the trip)

Yeah, we're back on track for the most part. Like I wrote before, we still need to resolve my parents' rental through David's, hopefully with the same studio they had rented for this past April. But we got a full refund from our airlines, which was for the best because I wasn't a big fan of our flight times. And our park tickets will retain the same value. It was a little white-knuckle in late March since this was the trip we rented points, went through a vendor for tickets, etc. But now we're back!

Our July 2020 trip was cancelled, so this is our target reschedule date! Moving forward!

Mother/Son Trip- April 4-10- Split stay between All Star (I think- haven't decided) and the Dark Side (Royal Pacific)

I haven't been to Universal in a looooong time, but I have a reservation for November at Portofino. I figured it would be easier to adjust/cancel on the fly than Disney, so that's in my back pocket if things are looking up as we get closer.

I'll post in both threads! :D

So excited!!!

When we cancelled this May's trip in January, it was before Covid and we ended up with $748 credit for my United flights. Had to use credit by end of June (when we booked originally).

I looked at one way flights today for our 4/28/21 arrival and our flight was so cheap that we decided to book it and book return flight later.
Well, not only did my credit cover it, it did NOT charge the change fees and we now have over $400 to book our flights home, which should cover that easily. We now have travel certificates with leftover credit to book next flights, so no change fees should be on next trip either? It's just like a gift certificate!

Plus, in case we have to change again (please, please no) because we booked now we have no change fees through May 2022!!! God, please let this trip happen problem free!!!

At least one thing we don't have to worry about!
:D

Booked for April 15-22 OKW. Resort may change at 7 months out. We were booked for April this year as we always are booked for April every year! That got cancelled and pushed to Sept 24-30th 2020 so we are still going! But we also have already booked our DVC stay for next April!

I'll post in both threads! :D

So excited!!!

When we cancelled this May's trip in January, it was before Covid and we ended up with $748 credit for my United flights. Had to use credit by end of June (when we booked originally).

I looked at one way flights today for our 4/28/21 arrival and our flight was so cheap that we decided to book it and book return flight later.
Well, not only did my credit cover it, it did NOT charge the change fees and we now have over $400 to book our flights home, which should cover that easily. We now have travel certificates with leftover credit to book next flights, so no change fees should be on next trip either? It's just like a gift certificate!

Plus, in case we have to change again (please, please no) because we booked now we have no change fees through May 2022!!! God, please let this trip happen problem free!!!

At least one thing we don't have to worry about!
:D

Farro, we need this trip to work out this time. Nothing's gonna get in our way!

I have that tentative trip to Universal planned for November, so I was able to book cheap airfare for that via Jet Blue with no cancel or change fees. If that doesn't work out, I can always move those tickets to the April Disney trip. Either way, it was at least progress of some kind.

Booked for April 15-22 OKW. Resort may change at 7 months out. We were booked for April this year as we always are booked for April every year! That got cancelled and pushed to Sept 24-30th 2020 so we are still going! But we also have already booked our DVC stay for next April!

I'll add you to the list! Hopefully things are more normal for you guys in September but you should have fun either way. April is going to be great, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter