*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

Question: have you guys already made your park reservations? On one side, I'd like to wait and check for EMHs, on the other hand, I'm afraid that with all the people reserving now, I might not get the days I want, if I wait, say, another few months. What's your take on this?

I would book something for now. They are able to be changed, as someone else mentioned, as long as there is availability. There is a lot that can happen between now and April, but I wouldn't hold my breath for EMH right now, and I wouldn't wait to book something for that information personally.

Hello- we just rescheduled our August trip to April 2-9. Booked park reservations but not sure where we are staying yet. Can we join?

Of course you can join us! I put you on the list. Once you know your resort, if you want to let me know, I can edit it.

I would book something for now. They are able to be changed, as someone else mentioned, as long as there is availability. There is a lot that can happen between now and April, but I wouldn't hold my breath for EMH right now, and I wouldn't wait to book something for that information personally.
Roscoe18 thank you so much for your feedback! I just did my park reservations and I will review them down the line :)

You and me both! I’m got good with thrill rides so I’ve never ridden it! I wanna do it at least once before it’s gone

My kids didn't want to do it last time and my wife doesn't like water rides, so we passed. I was planning to skip it for our May 2020 trip (RIP) but if it's still around in its old form, we decided we have to do it on the next trip since it would be our last chance.

You and me both! I’m got good with thrill rides so I’ve never ridden it! I wanna do it at least once before it’s gone
We didn’t do it last trip because our daughter wasn’t tall enough. We had planned to do it this summer (should be there now 😩) because she was tall enough and she was super excited about it. Hopefully she gets to go 🤞🏻

yes - me too! I have never ridden Splash Mountain either - I hope it is still around by next April so we can experience it! I am also looking forward to the Princess and the Frog themed ride, so I guess I will be happy either way!

yes - me too! I have never ridden Splash Mountain either - I hope it is still around by next April so we can experience it! I am also looking forward to the Princess and the Frog themed ride, so I guess I will be happy either way!

Unless of course Splash is down but they haven't finished the new ride yet 🤣

From what I've heard it won't close until 2022, and probably late 2022 at that. Multiple insiders have said that Disney will start with Disneyland's Splash Mountain first.

Question: Since there's still 9 months before my (and your!) trip, I'd like to take my time before selecting Magic Bands to see if new designs will come out on MDE. Since Disney announced that they will discontinue complimentary MBs starting 2021, does it mean that I should pick mine before the end of this year, or I'll be safe picking it until before my vacation?

Question: Since there's still 9 months before my (and your!) trip, I'd like to take my time before selecting Magic Bands to see if new designs will come out on MDE. Since Disney announced that they will discontinue complimentary MBs starting 2021, does it mean that I should pick mine before the end of this year, or I'll be safe picking it until before my vacation?
I’m planning on adding before the end of the year.

I've found the wording on this kind of unclear myself. They said "new" vacations in 2021, but we already have ours, so is it new for these purposes or do they just mean anything after this year? I guess the safest option is picking something before the end of the year.

Hi everyone!

We just picked ours now. You can always change them later on if they are still available.

We just picked the free plain colors because I still have the skins I bought to use for this past May's trip that never was!

Booked AKL Jambo DVC on the 24th April 2021 for 2 weeks. Our rescheduled honeymoon trip! Hopefully the wedding and honeymoon will both go ahead next year! Ready and raring to book my park days tomorrow.
Are you in the same boat as me with Wilderness Lodge? Were you told Jambo is not reopening in 2021? Thats what I was told about WL... Im trying to decide what other deluxe resort i want.

Are you in the same boat as me with Wilderness Lodge? Were you told Jambo is not reopening in 2021? Thats what I was told about WL... Im trying to decide what other deluxe resort i want.
I’m (hopefully) going in May as well for a long weekend and booked copper creek because WL wasn’t open. It was only $20 more, total - so it was worth it to me.

For this trip we have Beach Club/Contemporary (garden wing) split stay. I’m excited to try somewhere new!

I’m (hopefully) going in May as well for a long weekend and booked copper creek because WL wasn’t open. It was only $20 more, total - so it was worth it to me.

For this trip we have Beach Club/Contemporary (garden wing) split stay. I’m excited to try somewhere new!
Im looking at both of those resorts as alternatives too!! Have you stayed in either of them? Im really interested in what people think of Contemporary!

Im looking at both of those resorts as alternatives too!! Have you stayed in either of them? Im really interested in what people think of Contemporary!
I have not. The two times we went we stayed at WL. My husband really likes the ambiance there. I’m excited to try out BC though! Hopefully stormalong bay is open by then. If not, I may change to a cheaper resort.

Im really interested in what people think of Contemporary!

The Contemporary is one of our favorite resorts! There's something magical about the monorail going through the grand concourse, and you really cannot beat the walk to and from the MK. Also, the rooms are huge and comfortable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter