*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

So the Star Wars marathon is NOT refundable, correct? It does fill up quick? We are tentatively going on April as long as things get better and Canada border/quarantine restrictions aren’t around at that time (let’s hope things are much better by then!). But anyway, my husband wants to do the run.
We should probably just risk it and buy his ticket for it, heh? I feel if we can’t go and we lose the money it will suck, but if we do go and he didn’t get a ticket he will kick himself. It’s just when you switch it to Canadian dollars it’s a fair bit to lose, but I guess it’s a good gamble to just grab it in August?

Since Beach Club has no opening date yet, we are now staying at Yacht Club from 4/1-4/3. It was a little bit cheaper anyway and I wanted to call and switch now that we know SAB is opening.

Just moved our October 2020 trip to April 2021. Changed resorts to Kidani 4/18 - 4/24. Feeling very hopeful!

Welcome! I put you on the list. I too am hopeful!

Since Beach Club has no opening date yet, we are now staying at Yacht Club from 4/1-4/3. It was a little bit cheaper anyway and I wanted to call and switch now that we know SAB is opening.

I updated you. I kept the Contemporary part of your split stay - is that still on for now?

2 questions:

- What are your local school April vacation dates? Ours is the week of April 12th.

- What are you seeing for airfares out of the NYC area for April? Any good deals?

Thanks in advance.

2 questions:

- What are your local school April vacation dates? Ours is the week of April 12th.

- What are you seeing for airfares out of the NYC area for April? Any good deals?

Thanks in advance.
Mine starts April 1 and is the week after easter. I haven’t bought airfare yet. I’m kind of hesitant to until I see how things are panning out with the Virus

Booked room only at the Dolphin 4/12-4/16! Got a great price and excited to try out the resort! Hoping we can go, but we are teachers and if our April Break gets taken away or if we still have to quarantine after being in FL, we will move it to August! Hoping everything works out!!! 🤞

2 questions:

Thanks in advance.

Ours starts leading up to Easter and goes the whole week afterwards. That's actually one reason I picked the 17th, to avoid the Easter crowds. But this year, who knows what the crowd patterns will be like?

We fly almost exclusively JetBlue and so far, I haven't been that impressed with their rates for our travel dates. I check them everyday and am prepared to pounce if something good comes along though.

Booked room only at the Dolphin 4/12-4/16! Got a great price and excited to try out the resort! Hoping we can go, but we are teachers and if our April Break gets taken away or if we still have to quarantine after being in FL, we will move it to August! Hoping everything works out!!! 🤞

Welcome! I added you to the list. I hope it all works out as far as your travel dates are concerned.

Now, I have a DVC rental there, and they say the Villas will still be open. But what will that mean in terms of dining, transportation, etc? Will it be a ghost town with only the DVC buildings open?

I was wondering this too. We are scheduled to stay at BCV but one of our "linchpin" ADRs (if/when we can make them again) was going to be 'Ohana. I would imagine that if they could get the GCH and lava pool area refurbished early on, it wouldn't create too much of a distraction for DVC/rental guests, since the longhouses are separated by cash/DVC. But would it be worth it for Disney to rush to re-open the GCH and all the dining options and the lava pool just so DVC and/or rental guests could use them?

After all BCV re-opened earlier in late June with just the quiet pool, the marketplace, and Beaches and Cream open (I believe). I would guess the analogue for PVB would be the oasis pool, Capt. Cook's, and Kona Cafe?

I was wondering this too. We are scheduled to stay at BCV but one of our "linchpin" ADRs (if/when we can make them again) was going to be 'Ohana. I would imagine that if they could get the GCH and lava pool area refurbished early on, it wouldn't create too much of a distraction for DVC/rental guests, since the longhouses are separated by cash/DVC. But would it be worth it for Disney to rush to re-open the GCH and all the dining options and the lava pool just so DVC and/or rental guests could use them?

After all BCV re-opened earlier in late June with just the quiet pool, the marketplace, and Beaches and Cream open (I believe). I would guess the analogue for PVB would be the oasis pool, Capt. Cook's, and Kona Cafe?

I looked at the resorts board after I posted here, and there's some helpful information there. If it's anything like it has been so far (DVC open, resort side closed), then Ohana will probably remain closed. There were rumors just in the last few days that Ohana was prepared to reopen though, so who knows?

What if we have tentative reservations at a DVC resort Easter week, but haven't bought park tickets yet because we might have to cancel (COVID...), and we'd be out a lot of money (tickets have really increased since our last trip 2 years ago). When should we buy tickets? In the old days, we needed them linked to be able to book fastpasses 60 days out. But now, it's 7 mos out, and I want to make park reservations. Does this mean we need to buy tickets now? I never did before until much closer to our trip. Ugh, I really don't like learning a new way to do this.

What if we have tentative reservations at a DVC resort Easter week, but haven't bought park tickets yet because we might have to cancel (COVID...), and we'd be out a lot of money (tickets have really increased since our last trip 2 years ago). When should we buy tickets? In the old days, we needed them linked to be able to book fastpasses 60 days out. But now, it's 7 mos out, and I want to make park reservations. Does this mean we need to buy tickets now? I never did before until much closer to our trip. Ugh, I really don't like learning a new way to do this.

I understand your trepidation because I too like to plan well in advance. I would say that the prevailing thinking is that capacity will slowly increase (we’re already seeing it now) and that park reservations shouldn’t be particularly hard to get even as you get closer. Do you have a resort reservation yet?

I understand your trepidation because I too like to plan well in advance. I would say that the prevailing thinking is that capacity will slowly increase (we’re already seeing it now) and that park reservations shouldn’t be particularly hard to get even as you get closer. Do you have a resort reservation yet?
We do have reservations at OKW using our DVC points. I called and they said we can easily cancel if needed. Purchasing tickets is a different ballgame. It's spending a lot of $ for a maybe. I guess my thinking was Easter and wanting MK, since we've never been there on that day, and Spring Break being busier. Prior to COVID I would have just booked it without hesitation regardless of what we needed to do, but now I can't seem to plan with any certainty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!