*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

The good news is I already got the text from Disney. Our room is ready.
ere.

last time I did online check in, i arrived later at night and had never gotten my text. So I still had to wait in line to check in (which was SUPER long). I was so annoyed, it was like 10 pm at night, I just wanted to go to bed. Hopefully will have better luck this time.

6 more days!! We have a kind of busy weekend so should go fast. Back is pretty much 100% at this point, so grateful!!

I did some cleaning last night, will go through the whole house tomorrow. Tonight is haircuts, my eyebrows, dogs nails trimmed. Tomorrow we have a birthday party and then going to the drive in to see annabelle. We were thinking about what we could do Sunday, kind of want to stay home and relax since its kind of our last sunday of summer and we'll be busy from then right up to when we leave Thursday, but then again, it is like our last sunday of summer - do I want to waste it around the house or go to the beach? Decisions decisions.

Monday is work and a doctor appointment that evening.
Tuesday work and pedi/mani that night
Wednesday work and spray tan, take dogs to boarding print boarding passes, finish packing
Thursday up at at 3:30 to leave the house by 4:45am flight is at 6:30

3 more days to go!!!! I am pretty much packed except for a few last minute things. I have a couple of great Disney bounding outfits planned (Devine for my AK day ~ Green leaf pattern sundress and Tiki room for MK ~ Flower and bird patterned sundress as well a complete Blue Fairy outfit for MNSSHP). I just have a few little things to do around the house as well as a good grocery shop so DH and the boys don't starve when I am away. Hope everyone has amazing trips!!

6 days!!! Finalizing plans this weekend, since we've been making some changes. Mostly packed, hoping to finish on Monday, getting hair cut and colored also. Work Tue and Wed, cut DH hair Tue night. Going to do my nails Wed night, then try to get a few hours of sleep. Leaving around 1am Thursday morning. 2.5 hour drive for a 5:30am flight :crazy2: but we will be in Orlando at 9am and ready for a fun 10 days at Disney!! :yay:

Safe travels to everyone traveling this weekend!

9 days to go!!! Synchronized packing begins tomorrow! I already told my girls I will be standing in the middle of their two rooms..."7 shirts going in the bag, check"...lol. They are heading down to Ocala to visit a relative on Monday morning and they will be driving up, meeting me at Pop the following Monday. Woohoo!!

Every time I check something off my to do list something else gets added. Wednesday evening I took DS for his haircut, which was traumatic for us both. He LOATHES getting his hair cut so he acted like an insolent toddler the entire time. I got my hair trimmed and was very clear in my instructions of "ONLY 1-2 inches. Just a trim" multiple times. My hair is LONG and bounces between being wavy and curly. I desperately need the added weight from the length to keep it manageable and reduce the frizz. Long story short, she took off well more than 4 inches, like closer to 5-6". I was nearly in tears by the time we got home. She also left my long bangs longer than I requested so I'll be trimming those shorter myself I guess.

Got my laundry done but still need to go through and decide on what I'm actually bringing and get it into the suitcase. Nails need to be done too and that's going to end up costing me a pretty penny as I need a fill and pedicure and DS will insist that he also needs a pedi. How am I raising such a high maintenance 10yo BOY??

This weekend will be focusing on getting the house spotless and packing
Monday-Work. I think I can "relax" in the evening but probably not
Tuesday-Work. Drill practice. No time for any prep work
Wednesday-Work. nails
Thursday-Work.last minute cleaning and finish up all packing. Load all but my carry on into car
Friday-Online flight check in. Throw daily essentials into carry on, carry on into car, work then to my sister's where we'll be staying the night for our early ride to the airport
Saturday-3AM wake up, out the door by 3:30am to catch our 6am flight!

4 days for us. Starting to pack today, though we have a few things piled up.

Been checking our flight - in the last two weeks, it's normally 40 minutes late! However, we're coming at night, and all we were going to do was sleep when we got to the resort. The next day we're moving from ASMo to the Poly, with DS in-between (have TRex at 1:30 on the 24th).

We have three surprises for my daughters, and I'm *amazed* that we've been able to keep this secret for so long.
1) My brother and his family are meeting us at DS on Thursday.
2) We're staying at the Poly (we've told them POFQ).
3) Hitting Typhoon Lagoon on Tuesday or Wednesday. We've never been to a water park down there.

This is going to be great!

Slightly off topic, but not if you consider it a question about staying hydrated in the August heat...lol. Assuming waterpark refillable mugs have a chip in them that expire end of day?!

One more day!! Finishing last minute errands and packing, planning on an early night and then on the road to the airport by 4 am. This time tomorrow I'll be on the plane on the way to Disney!!

One more day!! Finishing last minute errands and packing, planning on an early night and then on the road to the airport by 4 am. This time tomorrow I'll be on the plane on the way to Disney!!

Safe travels! Have a wonderful time, can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

It is now 2:16 am and of course I can't sleep. Fell asleep earlier and slept for about 3 hours. Can't believe it's finally time for vacation. :yay:
I hope you have a great time. I'm at Disney now and the it has been hot, but tolerable. Rain has been at a minimum. Only 2 more days and then back on our way home.
Another great Disney vacation in the books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts