*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Hey all, We are booked for a split stay at AK Jambo August 18-22 and Boardwalk 22-27 and then off for a 3 day cruise. We have never been in August and we want to go to MNSSHP... Have they posted dates yet or should I go off of last years dates? Looks to be Tuesdays and Fridays. Also, What other events will be going on during that time? Food & Wine??

ADR day for me this morning. No problem getting what I wanted except for Sci-fi at the beginning of my trip. I chose 50's instead but had to pretend we are a party of 4 instead of 3 to get one at a decent time.

Funny- i have been stalking my "wish list" and it seems like sci-fi and t-rex will be my headaches. Who would have guessed?

Trex -- call the restaurant directly, this is the easiest way to get a reservation there. I do it every year.
Yea I was surprised by it. It was the only one not available(BOG B/L/D, CRT, Ohana, storybrook dining were there to choose)

Hey all, We are booked for a split stay at AK Jambo August 18-22 and Boardwalk 22-27 and then off for a 3 day cruise. We have never been in August and we want to go to MNSSHP... Have they posted dates yet or should I go off of last years dates? Looks to be Tuesdays and Fridays. Also, What other events will be going on during that time? Food & Wine??
Supposedly a UK site posted dates and is selling tickets. Here's the thread for the party. https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...fortunate-souls.3787458/page-11#post-61572292

I booked my ADRs a few days ago. We only eat a few sit-down meals a trip. Right now we are booked until Aug 14th, but are looking to extend our stay through the 16th. If we do that, I’ll probably add one more ADR after the 10th at either Trail’s End, Via Napoli, or Homecomin’. So far we have:

Aug 4 - Oga’s Cantina
Aug 5 - Garden Grill breakfast (PPO)
Aug 8 - Beaches and Cream dinner
Aug 10 - ‘Ohana dinner (my 40th birthday!)
Hey, we've got ADRs at Oga's that day, too! :drinking1

Although making the reservations has been difficult for me this year (system was screwy on two days), I've been able to get what I wanted within 1/2 hour. I think since there is no general free dining during my vacation weeks, there are a lot more openings.

It is immensely annoying that I couldn't book all of my dining on one day though. It's a bit ridiculous to have to get up early so many days in row. Thank goodness fast pass is not the same. I wonder why dining doesn't allow you to book the entire trip.

Although making the reservations has been difficult for me this year (system was screwy on two days), I've been able to get what I wanted within 1/2 hour. I think since there is no general free dining during my vacation weeks, there are a lot more openings.

It is immensely annoying that I couldn't book all of my dining on one day though. It's a bit ridiculous to have to get up early so many days in row. Thank goodness fast pass is not the same. I wonder why dining doesn't allow you to book the entire trip.

With a resort reservation I think you can no? isn't it 180 + 10 days

With a resort reservation I think you can no? isn't it 180 + 10 days

Yes. But I have a 14 night stay. Which is 15 days. So I booked days 1-11 on Feb 10, Thn day 12 on Feb 11, day 13 on Feb 12 etc. it’s really inconvenient

Yes. But I have a 14 night stay. Which is 15 days. So I booked days 1-11 on Feb 10, Thn day 12 on Feb 11, day 13 on Feb 12 etc. it’s really inconvenient
We stay for 14+ days as well. I find there’s no reason to get up at the crack of dawn once you start adding on your additional days after 10.

I’ll usually just add on an additional restaurant later in the day whenever I think about it or wait a few days and add on a couple of restaurants once I’m past my plus 10.

Roll Call has been updated. Happy planning!

If you are booking days past 10, each morning you are getting up, you are booking effectively at 191 days out. no need to be at it super early, everything will be wide open for you.

Hi everyone!!

Just (re) booked a trip at CBR for 8/19-8/25 to add the dining plan for all of us. Given my kids are 8 and 9, buffet's are our best bet and this way I saved $ on food and I'm hoping to get some fun meals that I wouldn't usually pay for as well!! I read through these posts and might need to make some changes to the order of booking tomorrow morning!! Sci-Fi was my sure thing... Here's my plan so far

8/19 - 1900 Park Fare for 6ish
8/20 - Sci-Fi lunch (but maybe that's not possible)
8/21 - BOG PPO for breakfast and 50's prime time for dinner
8/22 - Chef Mickey brunch
8/23 - hoping to get an evening Oga's and then we'll be doing the dessert party - not sure what we'll do for TS for this day, maybe something at AK?
8/24 - Story book dining at Artist point

My kids are old enough to have opinions, so I'm leaving some wiggle room in the planning - not like I did for our last trip when they were 4 and 5.

I'm SO EXCITED!

Hi everyone!!

Just (re) booked a trip at CBR for 8/19-8/25 to add the dining plan for all of us. Given my kids are 8 and 9, buffet's are our best bet and this way I saved $ on food and I'm hoping to get some fun meals that I wouldn't usually pay for as well!! I read through these posts and might need to make some changes to the order of booking tomorrow morning!! Sci-Fi was my sure thing... Here's my plan so far

8/19 - 1900 Park Fare for 6ish
8/20 - Sci-Fi lunch (but maybe that's not possible)
8/21 - BOG PPO for breakfast and 50's prime time for dinner
8/22 - Chef Mickey brunch
8/23 - hoping to get an evening Oga's and then we'll be doing the dessert party - not sure what we'll do for TS for this day, maybe something at AK?
8/24 - Story book dining at Artist point

My kids are old enough to have opinions, so I'm leaving some wiggle room in the planning - not like I did for our last trip when they were 4 and 5.

I'm SO EXCITED!

Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning!

Oh, and good luck with the ADR's tomorrow!

Hi Everyone!

My family will be back at Disney August 29th through September 3rd and will be staying at AKL for the first time. We are also planning to get down there the 28th, possibly the 27th, so that we can spend a day just at Disney Springs. I was last at Disney in April 2018 with my sister, but my hubby and kids have not been since our last family trip in August of 2015--we really like it in August despite the heat. This year will be our first trip without my oldest who is 21 and off on his own (though once he finds out that we booked a trip without him, he'll be a tad upset... LOL). My other two kids will be 17 and 19 and they are just as excited to go as they were when they were way younger. I had to convince them this time that maybe we should branch out with our dining experiences and skip Chef Mickey's and the Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare... They seriously argued with me for a bit... LOL My daughter is already planning themed outfits for each day since she is way too old to wear costumes in the park. Seriously, she totally would wear princess costumes if she were allowed. Our last trip was the last time she could do the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and she was super sad about it. We are so excited to go!

Hi Everyone!

My family will be back at Disney August 29th through September 3rd and will be staying at AKL for the first time. We are also planning to get down there the 28th, possibly the 27th, so that we can spend a day just at Disney Springs. I was last at Disney in April 2018 with my sister, but my hubby and kids have not been since our last family trip in August of 2015--we really like it in August despite the heat. This year will be our first trip without my oldest who is 21 and off on his own (though once he finds out that we booked a trip without him, he'll be a tad upset... LOL). My other two kids will be 17 and 19 and they are just as excited to go as they were when they were way younger. I had to convince them this time that maybe we should branch out with our dining experiences and skip Chef Mickey's and the Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare... They seriously argued with me for a bit... LOL My daughter is already planning themed outfits for each day since she is way too old to wear costumes in the park. Seriously, she totally would wear princess costumes if she were allowed. Our last trip was the last time she could do the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and she was super sad about it. We are so excited to go!

Roll Call has been updated. Happy planning!

Hi Everyone!

We are going from 8/22 - 2/29. Me, DP and DS. Staying at AKL standard view studio by renting DVC points. We are on the DDP. We plan on paying some of my son's meals OOP (like California Grill and Morimoto) cause he will want the kids meal.
ADRs open Monday - Last time I went in 2012, I don't remember having to plan and book this far out. So a little freaked out. I even took the day off work so I can wake up early and not have to worry about work and booking.

My ADRs in the order I plan to book.
Booking Cape May at two times cause we have not booked airfare and not sure when we will land. Booking Sci-Fi 2xs cause we are hoping the Star Wars Dessert Party will happen, and if so our plans will change. :rolleyes2 Plans may change when/if they open the Space 220 and Woody's Roundup restaurants. 🙃
This is the only reason why I am not a fan of booking so far out. Even the park hours can change. But we do what we must. 💪

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

We are going from 8/22 - 2/29. Me, DP and DS. Staying at AKL standard view studio by renting DVC points. We are on the DDP. We plan on paying some of my son's meals OOP (like California Grill and Morimoto) cause he will want the kids meal.
ADRs open Monday - Last time I went in 2012, I don't remember having to plan and book this far out. So a little freaked out. I even took the day off work so I can wake up early and not have to worry about work and booking.

My ADRs in the order I plan to book.
View attachment 475500
Booking Cape May at two times cause we have not booked airfare and not sure when we will land. Booking Sci-Fi 2xs cause we are hoping the Star Wars Dessert Party will happen, and if so our plans will change. :rolleyes2 Plans may change when/if they open the Space 220 and Woody's Roundup restaurants. 🙃
This is the only reason why I am not a fan of booking so far out. Even the park hours can change. But we do what we must. 💪

8/22 - 2/29 . . . I am jealous ;)

2012, I believe dining reservations were at 180 days out, but I think park hours were released a bit earlier than they are now. It is generally a safe bet that hours at EPCOT will be exactly 9:00 - 9:00. MK, AK, and DHS the hours will likely be extended a bit, usually about a month out, so for August people, expect updated hours to be released sometime in July, and it is a pretty decent bet that the changes will be slightly later closing times.

Roll Call has been updated (I assumed 8/22 - 8/29, let me know if I was wrong on that). Happy Planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter