*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Hoping for August 16-22 at Yacht or Beach. Will be booking Yacht, but once Beach opens we’ll switch over if we can. We just love the Epcot area and of course Stormalong Bay.

We were originally booked for late March of this year, but of course were forced to cancel. Rescheduled for this August, but decided we weren’t quite comfortable with that yet.

Hoping for a return to near normal by next August...we are SO missing our happy place. By the time we go next year, it’ll have been four years between trips...the longest we’ve ever gone in between.

Hoping for August 16-22 at Yacht or Beach. Will be booking Yacht, but once Beach opens we’ll switch over if we can. We just love the Epcot area and of course Stormalong Bay.

We were originally booked for late March of this year, but of course were forced to cancel. Rescheduled for this August, but decided we weren’t quite comfortable with that yet.

Hoping for a return to near normal by next August...we are SO missing our happy place. By the time we go next year, it’ll have been four years between trips...the longest we’ve ever gone in between.

I've added you to the roll call. Listed you as Yacht Club, hoping for Beach Club. Just give a holler and let me know if you are able to switch it.

This is the first time in 13 years that we haven't gone in August. We had already planned to not visit this year, as we were embarking on a debt reduction plan (of our own) with the eventual goal of moving to FL. Instead of Disney, we opted for a couple of short trips in our home state of NY, spending much less money, and putting what we saved towards paying off some of our debts.

It was a hard decision to make, but this all has made us glad we had already planned on not going in 2020.

I expect that you are right about August 2021 being much closer to normal. Assuming that the vaccine is indeed approved, and in use sometime around the beginning of 2021, there should be a fair number of people who have already received it by August, and once that starts happening, things will begin getting closer to the normal that we knew before COVID.

Tomh, thank you for starting this thread. We have reservations for YC from August 7-14. Looking forward to being so close to Epcot and DHS and, of course, SAB. :sail:

Tomh, thank you for starting this thread. We have reservations for YC from August 7-14. Looking forward to being so close to Epcot and DHS and, of course, SAB. :sail:
You are most welcome! These threads are my way of staying connected to Disney when I'm not there. I enjoy the thread as much as you all do, and more so when I know that I won't be visiting.

You have been added to the Roll Call. Happy Planning!

I've added you to the roll call. Listed you as Yacht Club, hoping for Beach Club. Just give a holler and let me know if you are able to switch it.

This is the first time in 13 years that we haven't gone in August. We had already planned to not visit this year, as we were embarking on a debt reduction plan (of our own) with the eventual goal of moving to FL. Instead of Disney, we opted for a couple of short trips in our home state of NY, spending much less money, and putting what we saved towards paying off some of our debts.

It was a hard decision to make, but this all has made us glad we had already planned on not going in 2020.

I expect that you are right about August 2021 being much closer to normal. Assuming that the vaccine is indeed approved, and in use sometime around the beginning of 2021, there should be a fair number of people who have already received it by August, and once that starts happening, things will begin getting closer to the normal that we knew before COVID.

We are officially booked! Made a resort change though...can you switch me to Polynesian? Soooo looking forward to this do-over! Long story short, Polynesian has been my dream resort since the early 90s and we finally got to stay there in 2017. And unfortunately had a bed bug scare....everything turned out ok, but looking forward to a do-over!
Now here’s hoping for a return to some semblance of normal a year from now!

We are officially booked! Made a resort change though...can you switch me to Polynesian? Soooo looking forward to this do-over! Long story short, Polynesian has been my dream resort since the early 90s and we finally got to stay there in 2017. And unfortunately had a bed bug scare....everything turned out ok, but looking forward to a do-over!
Now here’s hoping for a return to some semblance of normal a year from now!
Done. Saw your Facebook post first :)

You can add us to another August trip group! Aug 16 - Aug 25 Han22735 OKW

Thanks for putting this together again.

You can add us to another August trip group! Aug 16 - Aug 25 Han22735 OKW

Thanks for putting this together again.
Well, you are certainly welcome. Sorry for the "delay in processing," I was away from home for a few days, and just got back.

I've changed my dates from 8/2-8/13 at POP, to 8/4 to 8/13 at Copper Creek Villas at WL! My first time renting DVC and my first deluxe stay as an adult!

I've changed my dates from 8/2-8/13 at POP, to 8/4 to 8/13 at Copper Creek Villas at WL! My first time renting DVC and my first deluxe stay as an adult!

Nice! I've never stayed at Copper Creek, but have stayed at the older VWL building, which I guess is now called Boulder Ridge. Rooms were very nice. I expect that Copper Creek will be even nicer since it is much newer!

Roll call has been updated.

Normally, I would be planning my little heart out, looking at parks and restaurants, figuring what we'd want to try so that come February and the 180 day mark, I would be ready! I've done no planning, aside from booking AoA and picking parks. I did put some cooling towels in my Amazon cart. 🙄 I miss the excitement but feel there isn't much point with so many unknowns, like what restaurants will even be open. Are any of you planning at this point?

Normally, I would be planning my little heart out, looking at parks and restaurants, figuring what we'd want to try so that come February and the 180 day mark, I would be ready! I've done no planning, aside from booking AoA and picking parks. I did put some cooling towels in my Amazon cart. 🙄 I miss the excitement but feel there isn't much point with so many unknowns, like what restaurants will even be open. Are any of you planning at this point?

I feel the same exact way! Normally I would be buying Disney outfits, making my plans, but while as of right now, we are planning on going, anything could change at anytime and that's such a crummy feeling. I was super excited after we rebooked after cancelling this past summer, started watching vlogs again, but now I'm thinking is there even a point if we have to cancel again? Keeping my fingers crossed for better news!

We did too- $537 saved by switching from POP to ASM. Same dates 😃
Well, I just looked at the Roll Call to see about updating you, and realized that I spelled your name wrong . . . must have been trying to do it without my glasses on the first time around lol.

I *think* I am bringing my daughter for her 9th Birthday! We will be *hopefully* be going with some DIS friends. I'll probably bring my 6 year old as well- since the oldest and I are going in April.

Our dates are 8/23-8/28! Staying off site for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!