Official Avengers 2017

I've done the Infinity Gauntlet the last two years but decided to run RnR Las Vegas this year. But if Vegas gets cancelled, I'll have to decide whether to sign up for the Infinity Gauntlet again or the Big Sur half. Why are they all on the same day? Seeing that there may no longer be any halves at Disneyland may sway me to run Avengers one last time.

I do hope that RnR Vegas does not get cancelled...although I would understand. My thoughts and prayers are with the survivors and with everyone who lost someone there. So sad.

I'll throw something together for us to do a light meet up post-10K since it sounds like there may be enough people running. :)

Hey everybody!
So I’ve racked my brain until it’s sore so I’m hoping someone on here can help me out. I’m trying to figure out a costume for the races. I’m thinking just a Shield agent for the 10K and maybe Hawkeye for the half. Everything I’m finding online is women’s costume ideas, (which look great but as a 6’4 27 year old guy, I doubt I could pull it off) or insanely priced costumes that if I tried to run in I’d probably die. Anyone have any suggestions? I think I just need a jumpstart for an idea, but my brain is toast today lol
Thanks!

Hey everybody!
So I’ve racked my brain until it’s sore so I’m hoping someone on here can help me out. I’m trying to figure out a costume for the races. I’m thinking just a Shield agent for the 10K and maybe Hawkeye for the half. Everything I’m finding online is women’s costume ideas, (which look great but as a 6’4 27 year old guy, I doubt I could pull it off) or insanely priced costumes that if I tried to run in I’d probably die. Anyone have any suggestions? I think I just need a jumpstart for an idea, but my brain is toast today lol
Thanks!

I think a Shield agent and Hawkeye both sound like good ideas! Hawkeye wouldn't be to bad to make, just get a black running shirt (maybe sleeveless), black running shorts, sunglasses, and if desired some sort of quiver strapped on your back. There are also lots of athletic shirts that are Marvel themed. The Underarmor versions can be pricey, but there are cheaper websites with them. (Not sure if I can post those links on the boards, but if you are interested I can send them along) So you could get a green hulk shirt with purple shorts, a Spider-Man shirt, Captain America, etc. Also some of the funniest costumes I've seen at the Avengers weekend aren't necessarily super heroes, but jokes from the movies. For example, last year one guy dressed up like a Baskin Robbins employee from Ant-Man.

And for those of you who are still trying to get your costumes together here is my costume tips video... (aka The lessons I've learned after running several Disney races in full wigs and costumes.)

Hey everybody!
Thanks!

The current Hawkeye costume from the comics would be super easy to pull off. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/ce/Hawkeye_2012_2.jpg/170px-Hawkeye_2012_2.jpg

I had donated my Captain America tech tee since I didn't think I'd ever be doing Avengers again. So I ended up ordering a themed shirt off of Etsy last week. I'll post a pic when I get it!

When do y'all think the event guide will come out? I figured since Wine and Dine was out, ours should be soon!

I'm trying to figure out costumes too. I'm doing Ms. Marvel for the 10k (I'll just paint a lightning bolt on a blue running top and pair it with red leggings and red arm warmers) but haven't figured anything out for the half yet. I have a buzz lightyear tank top... he counts as a super hero, right!?!

Also, we're staying at the Best Western Plu Anaheim Inn. Would I just cross the street to the main entrance, go through the esplanade area to get to the start line area?

[QUOTE="Also, we're staying at the Best Western Plu Anaheim Inn. Would I just cross the street to the main entrance, go through the esplanade area to get to the start line area?[/QUOTE]

Yes thats exactly how you'll go. Just follow the other runners!

[QUOTE="Also, we're staying at the Best Western Plu Anaheim Inn. Would I just cross the street to the main entrance, go through the esplanade area to get to the start line area?

Yes thats exactly how you'll go. Just follow the other runners![/QUOTE]
Thanks!

The wine and dine folks got their corrals today - so maybe neft week we will see our corrals

Fingers crossed for a good segmentation of 2:30ish runners. :)

I might be able to run this race last minute!!! Have there been an discounts going around for this race in the last few race guides? OR... and TAs trying to unload bibs?

So holy poop. The hotels are the most expensive I've seen for a race weekend all year by a long shot. What is happening in Anaheim that weekend besides the race???? Any advice on hotel bookings that aren't ridiculous?

So holy poop. The hotels are the most expensive I've seen for a race weekend all year by a long shot. What is happening in Anaheim that weekend besides the race???? Any advice on hotel bookings that aren't ridiculous?
It's because the American Heart Association is having their major conference that same weekend at the Convention Center, so most of the hotels are completely booked and/or only have the most expensive option available.

http://rodale-usa.instantmagazine.com/rundisney/dlshhm17#!/super-heroes-half

Event guide discovered for the weekend. Looks to be identical to Disneyland half courses and corrals.

Fingers crossed for corral E this time. Come on, I want the 2:30 pacer!!

So bibs next week you think? Course looks decent. The only year I ran Avengers was the first year with the winds so I'm happy its changed! I'm a little disappointed the expo is closing at 4:00 on Saturday! Man I hope my drive down goes smoothly!

Theres some huge convention going on for the American Heart Association so that seems to be taking up many of the hotel rooms. Also its the first official weekend with the Holiday Decorations/entertainment. I had the same problem as I booked late too. I'd try calling the hotels and seeing if they have openings. Thats how I eventually got my room. Also the last I checked, Get Travel still had rooms for good prices at some good neighbor hotels so thats worth a check too. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter