Official Avengers 2017

How far out have people stayed from Disneyland since the local hotels are like 500+ a night? I'm curious about transportation and getting to the races early in the morning...

How far out have people stayed from Disneyland since the local hotels are like 500+ a night? I'm curious about transportation and getting to the races early in the morning...

Check Hojo on Harbor (www.hojoanaheim.com) Rooms opened up today (I've been checking cause I wanted to use my points). $219 per night without a discount. And if you call direct they offer runners a discount!

I'm wondering if we will see any additional characters on the course this year.
In 2015 they had Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Thor
In 2016 they had Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, Spider-Man, and Dr. Strange

For this year you would think they would add Groot, Star Lord, and Gamora since they have those characters out each day for the Guardians of the Galaxy Dance party.

Some other additions I'm wondering about... Last year I received a survey for participating in the Avengers weekend. One of the questions asked if I would like to see classic Disney Characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc.) dressed in Marvel Super Hero costumes. Well, the Marvel Day at Sea recently started on the Disney Cruise line and for that each of the classic characters have a Marvel themed outfit.... Mickey has a shirt with a Captain America shield on it, Daisy has a leather jacket with a dress that has the Black Widow logo on it, etc. Also for Marvel Day at Sea they have Black Panther and Loki characters to greet guests. So I'm wondering if there is any chance they would have any of those characters out and about for the race.

There seemed to be a lot of Pixar characters out for the Disneyland Half weekend... So I'm hoping we will see some additions to the Avengers weekend. (Especially since it might be the last west coast race for a while.)

I'm wondering if we will see any additional characters on the course this year.
In 2015 they had Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Thor
In 2016 they had Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, Spider-Man, and Dr. Strange

For this year you would think they would add Groot, Star Lord, and Gamora since they have those characters out each day for the Guardians of the Galaxy Dance party.

Some other additions I'm wondering about... Last year I received a survey for participating in the Avengers weekend. One of the questions asked if I would like to see classic Disney Characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc.) dressed in Marvel Super Hero costumes. Well, the Marvel Day at Sea recently started on the Disney Cruise line and for that each of the classic characters have a Marvel themed outfit.... Mickey has a shirt with a Captain America shield on it, Daisy has a leather jacket with a dress that has the Black Widow logo on it, etc. Also for Marvel Day at Sea they have Black Panther and Loki characters to greet guests. So I'm wondering if there is any chance they would have any of those characters out and about for the race.

There seemed to be a lot of Pixar characters out for the Disneyland Half weekend... So I'm hoping we will see some additions to the Avengers weekend. (Especially since it might be the last west coast race for a while.)

Thor and Hulk would be a good guess, even though I have never seen hulk out. LOL with the movie opening, you would think they would push it.
Since they just did Summer of the Hero's at the park, they should have access to the faces needed for the Marvel team.
Would be awesome to see the Disney characters in Marvel gear, especially since they can no longer do this with the Star Wars ones.

And yes, Pixar weekend was amazing for characters. If by chance there really is a possibility of this being the last race or at least half on the west coast for a while, hope they go call out for it.

Southwest is having another sale! I was able to get flights with times that worked well for me for $59 and $69! Sooo happy cause I had been planning on driving down.

I wonder now if there's going to be a rush on registrations for the last Disneyland Half weekend -- Raw Threads still has 5K bibs and challenge bibs. Not sure what is on runDisney's site.

I wonder now if there's going to be a rush on registrations for the last Disneyland Half weekend -- Raw Threads still has 5K bibs and challenge bibs. Not sure what is on runDisney's site.
I was wondering the same thing. Aren’t most of the hotels sold out at this point?

I was wondering the same thing. Aren’t most of the hotels sold out at this point?

Most are because of the big conference being held at the Anaheim Convention Center -- Cancer something? (I can't remember)

But there's plenty of great hotels in the Anaheim, Fullerton, and surrounding areas. Rent a car or uber - won't cost you very much at all. We drive in every race as a local and it's very easy to get to the Mickey and Friends parking lot! :)

Do y'all think this race is gonna sell out now since it's the last DL race and chance for a Coast to Coast for a while?

I just came to post this. I do think the race will sell out now. Anyone that's been on the fence about runDisney anaheim edition... now is your last chance. It's worth experiencing!

This possibility is the only reason I signed up for Avengers a few weeks ago. I'm sure many more will do the same. Its our last chance to run in Disneyland and I'm gonna soak it up. Just wish I could fit the challenge in but I can't.

Tink is the whole reason I started running halfs. Its a sad day.

This possibility is the only reason I signed up for Avengers a few weeks ago. I'm sure many more will do the same. Its our last chance to run in Disneyland and I'm gonna soak it up. Just wish I could fit the challenge in but I can't.

Tink is the whole reason I started running halfs. Its a sad day.

I think this may be the slowest half I run... ever. I want to soak in all of the park time and take all of the photos, then bust out the city streets so I can finish strong. It's a sad day.... and I wish they'd have modified the fisting challenge medal because now there's no point to it and it's ugly. I feel bad for people who were collecting all 6 stones; they only get 4. There's so many cooler things they could have done. booo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!