Official Avengers 2017

My family of 4 is all registered for "just" the half. It will be DS (14)'s first half and DD (16)'s second. We tend to visit WDW more often, so it's always special when we get to go to DL. I was honored to have paced at Tinker Bell this weekend, but I really missed the family while I was there. So glad we will all be there together in November!

There will be six of us running in the Infinity Gantlet this year. My husband, two friends, my cousin, her husband from Maryland, and me. This will be our first year running in the Gauntlet. We have done the Captain America 10k and the Dr. Strange 10k before. I have only heard horror stories about the Avenger half from two years ago. Apparently it was so windy, people were being sand blasted in the Santa Ana river. Hoping for better weather this year!

With the Mission Breakout Ride opening and Guardians very popular this year, I'm still scratching my head on Spiderman being selected for the 5K medal over Guardians.

That said - anyone heading over to ride the new ride? Inspiring any fun costume ideas?

(Bumping us back up to the top)

My kids are running the 5K with me (8 and 10) so I'm thinking about something simple, like matching Incredibles shirts.

With all the problems at Tink with security, I am concerned about bringing them to the 5K, honestly. It is already such an early start and I know how RD race mornings can be without that additional craziness. I hope they get their crap together for the Disneyland Half weekend.

Additional security means that instead of sitting in your car for an extra 30-45 mins after parking, you now have to go to the bathroom and head over to the corrals early. My goal now for Disneyland Half and Avengers Half is to bring a foil blanket and get into the corrals as soon as I can and sit on the street. :(

Did anyone else think the shirt Chris Pratt wore for much of Guardians 2 looked a bit like a long-sleeved race shirt? I'd love it if that was the shirt design for the half, but I'm sure it won't be. Sigh.

Did anyone else think the shirt Chris Pratt wore for much of Guardians 2 looked a bit like a long-sleeved race shirt? I'd love it if that was the shirt design for the half, but I'm sure it won't be. Sigh.

That would be very cool.

We've decided to pull out our Tower of Terror bellhop and Guardians of the Galaxy costumes we have used in past races (this will be our first Avengers/Gauntlet Challenge). Seem like appropriate costumes for this race! We will also be doing the RnR LV Half the evening of the Avengers Half. That makes us half-crazy, but it sounded like a fun challenge...

Wow @BwoZoo22 - You're going to Avenge the Strip? Awesome! Make sure to foam roll and stretch while on the plane and pre-purchase race packet pickup for RNR LV! (We did it last year and had a blast!)

Wow @BwoZoo22 - You're going to Avenge the Strip? Awesome! Make sure to foam roll and stretch while on the plane and pre-purchase race packet pickup for RNR LV! (We did it last year and had a blast!)
I know, it's scary! And we are doing W&D the previous weekend. But we are not full crazy, we're skipping the Dopey next January!

Hey guys! This is my first post on here :) but I did follow along for the Dark Side Half in April. I know usually this one doesn't sell out, so I'm waiting on registering, but I read somewhere that this is probably the last race Disneyland will do because Anaheim isn't letting them run downtown anymore. Has anyone else heard that? Thanks and I can't wait to talk with y'all!

Wow, I hadn't heard anything about that. Hopefully it's a rumor that doesn't come through.

Hey guys! This is my first post on here :) but I did follow along for the Dark Side Half in April. I know usually this one doesn't sell out, so I'm waiting on registering, but I read somewhere that this is probably the last race Disneyland will do because Anaheim isn't letting them run downtown anymore. Has anyone else heard that? Thanks and I can't wait to talk with y'all!
I hadn't heard that rumor, but it does sound like runDisney in California is having issues...at the very least it's possible that registration for 2018's Super Heroes weekend will be postponed like Light Side was and like Tink possibly is (they haven't announced that yet, but the registration date has disappeared from runDisney.com and the AP site). :confused3

I know, it's scary! And we are doing W&D the previous weekend. But we are not full crazy, we're skipping the Dopey next January!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You're going to have such a blast - I'm envious of your running plans during November. I'm unfortunately doing something a little different: RNR Los Angeles on Halloween Weekend, then heading to Cabo for my 10th wedding anniversary trip during W&D weekend. Then back just in time for Avengers to practice as a "Mini Dopey" trial.

Good luck to you!!!

And hope your flight isn't delayed like mine was in 2015! We made it, but I ended up having to RUN from the hotel to the start line (but hey, whats another mile or two when you are already avenging the strip?).

So I've never ran a Disneyland race. Is there a huge difference between them and the disney world ones? Other than one being in California and one in Florida lol And I'm going for the coast to coast challenge. Do they automatically know that or do you have to tell them somewhere?

So I've never ran a Disneyland race. Is there a huge difference between them and the disney world ones? Other than one being in California and one in Florida lol And I'm going for the coast to coast challenge. Do they automatically know that or do you have to tell them somewhere?

They will automatically know. When you sign for your bib they will have a C2C line for you to initial and will give you a wristband. If it's not there head right over to runner relations and they will fix it for you. When my dd did her C2C it was automatically there.

My dd (16) has only run once in WDW and multiple times at DL. The biggest difference to her was the size. The WDW run (princess) was huge. There are fewer people at the DL ones. The expo is also smaller.

The overall experience for her is the same - although she likes the DL one as the course isn't as congested in her opinion.

Oh man, I decided to take a year off runDisney and my annual pass after this year's Light Side to save some cash and time, so as a part of that, I was going to give the 2017 Avengers Half a pass (I was going to make an exception if they announced any of the races were Guardians of the Galaxy themed, but alas!). The Avengers Half has honestly been my favorite Disneyland race so it was kind of sad to think about not running it this year, but I figured it's not a big deal, I'll just run it again in 2018.

But given the amount of frustrating uncertainty right now regarding West Coast runDisney and the future of Disneyland races, I'm tempted to just say 'screw it' and sign up. The fact that I can't take it for granted that there'll even be a 2018 race is just nerve-wracking. And hey, the earlier race time means a little bit less time running in the sun, I suppose.

Does anyone remember when rD started offering a discount on the Avengers half last year? I seem to remember some discount coming out around a holiday weekend.

Does anyone remember when rD started offering a discount on the Avengers half last year? I seem to remember some discount coming out around a holiday weekend.
They were offering discounts at the Tinker Bell Half expo this year which finally got me to sign up. They weren't huge discounts but if I remember correctly the challenge was $40 off. If you're running the Disneyland Half there will probably be discounts there too. I know a lot of travel providers had huge discounts as the race got closer this past year, but I didn't want to risk missing out on the race by waiting too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!