OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Wait a minute - you were told you can use the tickets today? I was given back a ticket with Monday's date on it, but I wasn't given the impression that it was a sure thing that I could use it another night.[
Wait a minute - you were told you can use the tickets today? I was given back a ticket with Monday's date on it, but I wasn't given the impression that it was a sure thing that I could use it another night.
Yes. Maybe because we had preferred seating from our dinner package. I don't know. Two cast members told me this.

There is a possibility my family and I may be headed to SoCal for the holidays and if we do we want to include a Disneyland/DCA visit of at least 3 days (I am Canadian and we have a special discount ticket offer right now for 3+ days)

We would most likely be coming into California around Dec 23 and staying until Jan 3. It is really last minute due to unforseen circumstances but...

What do all of you Disneyland Holidays experts think would be my BEST 3 days to be hitting Disneyland/DCA from a crowd perspective?

I totally get there will be elbow to elbow crowds but there has to be some better days than others, right?

Is there a site or forum that posts info like this for Disneyland/DCA?

Or what has been your experience as a Disneyland holiday time visitor?

Any info is greatly appreciated

I would check on accommodations right away. Most of the hotels within walking distance are booked, but you could catch a cancellation. We have gone on the 22nd or 23rd and stayed through the 26th or 27th. Crowds are high the whole time but really start to increase from Christmas though New Year's Eve.

Does anyone who went last year during the holidays when they offered MM/EMH everyday remember how buy it was at DL on the Wed, Fri that they offered EMH/MM. We are staying at the DLH hotel so we have EMH/MM everyday and our first morning in the park we do DL, then the next morning is DCA then DL and we park hop in during the day. Most people know that MM is offered Tue,Thur, Sat, but do they advertise somewhere that it is offered everyday?

Does anyone who went last year during the holidays when they offered MM/EMH everyday remember how buy it was at DL on the Wed, Fri that they offered EMH/MM. We are staying at the DLH hotel so we have EMH/MM everyday and our first morning in the park we do DL, then the next morning is DCA then DL and we park hop in during the day. Most people know that MM is offered Tue,Thur, Sat, but do they advertise somewhere that it is offered everyday?

We are planning to use our MM that Wednesday at DL hoping others don’t notice it’s offered everyday.. here’s to hoping!

We are planning to use our MM that Wednesday at DL hoping others don’t notice it’s offered everyday.. here’s to hoping!
We arrive Wednesday but in the afternoon so will not be in the parks that day. We will just use the pool and grab some food. Our first day in the parks is Thurs and I can not start a DL vacation with out entering through Disneyland and walking down main street. The other days do not matter much so i could do EMH again for DL on Fri if crowds will be any less. and just do DCA on Sat and on Sun just which ever we need to do .

Can you report back on your MM on Wednesday and how it compares to a regular MM lol

We arrive Wednesday but in the afternoon so will not be in the parks that day. We will just use the pool and grab some food. Our first day in the parks is Thurs and I can not start a DL vacation with out entering through Disneyland and walking down main street. The other days do not matter much so i could do EMH again for DL on Fri if crowds will be any less. and just do DCA on Sat and on Sun just which ever we need to do .

Can you report back on your MM on Wednesday and how it compares to a regular MM lol
This is our first ever visit... but from what I understand mm on Tuesday’s are pretty busy. I’ll report what I think!

This is our first ever visit... but from what I understand mm on Tuesday’s are pretty busy. I’ll report what I think!
Oh wow. First ever visit and during the Holidays. Hope you have an amazing trip!! And yes please report back.

I’m heading out tomorrow morning at 7:30!to pick up my friend from John Wayne at 8:45 am. I’m looking forward to getting out of Ventura county. This last week has been very stressful, heartbreaking, and exhausting. I cannot wait to check into the Grand and spend 5 days enjoying Christmas time at my favorite place.

I’m heading out tomorrow morning at 7:30!to pick up my friend from John Wayne at 8:45 am. I’m looking forward to getting out of Ventura county. This last week has been very stressful, heartbreaking, and exhausting. I cannot wait to check into the Grand and spend 5 days enjoying Christmas time at my favorite place.
I hope you enjoy your break. Merry Christmas!

So glad to see many of you are having a good time. I've finally gotten around to making my video reviewing the different desserts at the Festival of Holidays. If you are headed to the parks be sure and try some of these awesome treats:

And for those of you who can't make it there in person, or have already been and are missing it... here is my full video of World of Color Season of Light:

It is such an great show. I love the variety of music and the way the use the different animated characters.

So glad to see many of you are having a good time. I've finally gotten around to making my video reviewing the different desserts at the Festival of Holidays. If you are headed to the parks be sure and try some of these awesome treats:

And for those of you who can't make it there in person, or have already been and are missing it... here is my full video of World of Color Season of Light:

It is such an great show. I love the variety of music and the way the use the different animated characters.
Thanks for the videos. Can't wait to try some of those dessert items

Just some last minute questions:
1. Im pretty sure we can, but can we bring empty refillable water bottles into the park? And refill at stations? I'm trying to save some money, and dislike spending $5 on water
2. For those that bring small backpacks, how do you fit them on rides like Space Mountain or Big Thunder? I've always brought small purses but this will be my first time going with friends rather than my family (where I would stuff everything in my mom's giant bag lol).

Just some last minute questions:
1. Im pretty sure we can, but can we bring empty refillable water bottles into the park? And refill at stations? I'm trying to save some money, and dislike spending $5 on water
2. For those that bring small backpacks, how do you fit them on rides like Space Mountain or Big Thunder? I've always brought small purses but this will be my first time going with friends rather than my family (where I would stuff everything in my mom's giant bag lol).

yes you can bring in refillable water bottles. Any counter service will should give you free water/ice even if you don't buy anything.

Every ride i was able to keep the back pack at my feet if the spot for bags wasn't big enough. some have an area to tuck it in but most i had it at my feet.

Ok, one more question.
My friend will be using Disney Dollars that her aunt is giving her. We know they are discontinued, but you can still use what you have. She wants to know is there a way for her to use them if she has all the info, but not the physical card? Her aunt gave her all the info for it, and she even has a picture of the card. Can she add it to her account on the app?

Ok, one more question.
My friend will be using Disney Dollars that her aunt is giving her. We know they are discontinued, but you can still use what you have. She wants to know is there a way for her to use them if she has all the info, but not the physical card? Her aunt gave her all the info for it, and she even has a picture of the card. Can she add it to her account on the app?

As far as I know Disney rewards dollars are not discontinued I just order my card because I had lost the previous one. And I am still earning Reward dollars on my CC.

I do not see how she can use it with out having the actual card. I don't know of a way to add any gift card to the app to be able to use. I do know theres a way to order a card and pick it up at Disneyland but not sure they would let someone else pick it up/.

Ok, one more question.
My friend will be using Disney Dollars that her aunt is giving her. We know they are discontinued, but you can still use what you have.

I think you're confusing Disney Visa Reward Dollars with Disney Dollars, which was a form of currency that was only usable at Disney parks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_dollar

Per the Wikipedia article, Disney dollars were discontinued last year, but Disney Visa Reward Dollars have definitely not been discontinued.

Question for those of you who bring stuff back. We will be dropping our niece who is coming with us back to her house as soon as we land and since it will be New years eve there will be a few people gather there. I would like to bring the little ones and some teens some Disneyland desserts/snacks. It is only about 5 kids total. What is the best way to do this? Should i pack a small Tupperware or zip lock bag? Or is there a cute container i could maybe buy over there and fill with goodies?

Is there any issue with bringing any of items like that on board a plane or in our carry on? Our flight will only be about 1 hr long ( norther CA). How many days do most desserts or snack last fresh?

TIA

As previously mentioned, you can ask for ice water (or just water) at any of the CS locations and they'll give you cups of water that you can use to refill you bottle. Some places will give you a child size cups, while other will give you a larger cup (if you specifically ask). Alternatively, in DL there are also filtered water spouts at select locations (e.g., Rancho del Zocalo, Mint Julep Bar, Galactic Grill). I found those work the best because you don't have to wait in line at the CS and you won't be "wasting" paper cups.

For most attractions you can place that bag on the floor between your feet if it's too big to fit into the little pouch that they have built into the vehicles. The only ones where I would be a little hesitant are Splash and Grizzly because things will get wet (possibly) and CA Screamin. For those, I would consider a locker to keep stuff safe (and dry!).

What is the best way to do this? Should i pack a small Tupperware or zip lock bag? Or is there a cute container i could maybe buy over there and fill with goodies?
It depends on the type of treat you want to bring back. If it's something pretty solid (e.g., fudge, peanut butter square), I think you'll be okay with a Ziploc bag. If it's something more fragile (e.g., cake pop, pastry, etc.), then I think a disposable container would be better.

Is there any issue with bringing any of items like that on board a plane or in our carry on? Our flight will only be about 1 hr long ( norther CA). How many days do most desserts or snack last fresh?
Again, it really depends on what you're bringing back. The candies seem to last longer than any of the pastry type goods. I've had a caramel apple that lasted about a week without issue (kept in a cool place - fridge!); some of the candies will last longer. The pastries and goodies from Jolly Holiday last a few days. So it really depends on what you're thinking of bringing back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!