***Official December 2017 thread!

I am having trouble getting dining reservations, even though I'm only booking a party of 2 and I tried 180 days out. I just realized that I'll be there during free dining. So...how crazy is Disney during free dining? We will be there Dec 10-14. And, is it possible that reservations will open up? Or with free dining, is that not likely?
A lot of people have been having trouble booking during this time. There is free dining going on, restaurants that still haven't opened up their schedules and apparently quite a few people going during this time. I thought we were going during a slow time (Dec 11-16) but everyday I come on here I see more and more people booked around the same time. The consensus is to keep trying for what you want.

I would love the hours to be posted, and also I'm kinda stressing about the Star Wars Galactic nights - our whole family are huge Star Wars fans, I expect HS to be a big day for us. And we wanted to do the dessert party, but since it is December, I'm not even sure it will be running! I've heard the dessert party often doesn't get posted until 6 weeks before?

We did the dessert party in January. We actually bought tickets the day of and really enjoyed it.

View attachment 243084

I asked the question of the day on our December social media page, but I figured I would ask here as well for the people that may not be over there too!!

Does anyone pop open the app to look at the ride times?? My question of the day is....will you wait this amount of time for these 2 rides???
-------

My reply:
As for us, we will NOT be waiting for these! LOL! We are aiming for Fastpasses, even if we only get to ride each one once, but we are willing to wait for the next trip if need be! We missed Toy Story Mania the time it opened because it was just too insane!

not in a million years!!!!

Agreed! I thought it was one of the slowest weeks of the year. I'm beginning to believe there is no true "slow time" at Disney ;)

THIS....we have switched our times of the year time and time again during 'slow' and 'moderate' season and as the prices go up and the economy goes down, we see the parks more and more crowded no matter what the time of year!

THIS....we have switched our times of the year time and time again during 'slow' and 'moderate' season and as the prices go up and the economy goes down, we see the parks more and more crowded no matter what the time of year!
I think that the parks are busier because Disney keeps adding more and more hotels. There are DVC hotels and regular hotels at all price points. That makes for a lot of opportunities to stay at WDW. They also sponsor a lot of school groups and other activities. Like Pop Warner and cheer leading. The economy actually has been getting better in some parts of the country plus there are many overseas guests. That is just my thoughts FWIW.

Went to Kohls today on my lunch hour as someone on the boards mentioned the cute Disney themed shirts they got on sale. Found two Disney ones and two Harry Potter ones. Perfect for my upcoming trip as my first four days are at Universal and the last 8 days at Disney!

Tried to upload a photo, but it gives me an error that it is too large. I will try and figure it out.

I am having trouble getting dining reservations, even though I'm only booking a party of 2 and I tried 180 days out. I just realized that I'll be there during free dining. So...how crazy is Disney during free dining? We will be there Dec 10-14. And, is it possible that reservations will open up? Or with free dining, is that not likely?

Also try for parties of 3 or 4. The reservations look for tables, and there are usually less 2 tops then larger tables, so the system seems to think they cant make a reservation for 2. You can go in and remove people or call and have them removed over the phone.

I also went last year the week after Thanksgiving into the first week in December and ADRs were hard to come by at 180 days, but things were easier a few months later when the dinning packages for the Candlelight Processional were released.

You can link them on Mydisneyexperience, and they are then linked on the magic bands. I always bring mine into the park just incase their is a glitch....

Thank You...I was able to link them to my account using the order number...looks all good now...

John

Thanks for this board! I used touring plans to try and get an Ohana dinner reservation! Put out a search last week. This morning a text came through to me and I GOT THE RESERVATION!

Everyone here is the best! Doing a big happy dance here!

So I just realized that there is a separate page to book BoG dining on the nights of Christmas parties = https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...eys-very-merry-christmas-party-table-service/

and Halloween parties = https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...ys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-table-service

This might be old news to people, but it helped me alot (I didn't know). I got lucky and got a reservation at BoG for the night of our Christmas party.

Also, because this worked out, I'll be able to give up 2 previous bookings:
1. Thursday Dec 14 - 2:35 pm - for 2 people - BoG.
2. Sunday Dec 10 - 9:05 pm - for 2 people - BoG.

I will be cancelling them tomorrow (Sunday) at 12pm EST right on (based on my computer clock). However, I'll check in one more time tonight and tomorrow morning. If you want to coordinate a different time so you can try get it, let me know and I'll work with you!!!
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!