Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Beach Club NAILED it! Chocolate and vanilla swirl cake with milk chocolate mousse surrounded by chocolate covered strawberries and handpainted chocolate stitch. Everything was edible except the 2 gumpaste flowers on top, and it was DELICIOUS!

View attachment 460102
View attachment 460103
This cake is amazing. Can I ask how much they charged for it? There is a lot going on with lots of extras.

This cake is amazing. Can I ask how much they charged for it? There is a lot going on with lots of extras.

it was quite expensive moreso because of the handpainted chocolate stitch and chocolate strawberries. If i remember correctly it was about $350 not including tip or delivery fee.

it was quite expensive moreso because of the handpainted chocolate stitch and chocolate strawberries. If i remember correctly it was about $350 not including tip or delivery fee.
I believe it because each piece is a charge...chocolate strawberries, the Stitch, the cake, each flower...amazing though.

Hi, Can I still order a 6 inch cake from the GF?? There will be five of us celebrating my daughter expecting a baby boy. We will be having tea at the GF on a Sunday afternoon. I would like to have the cake as a little something special for her . Her nursery theme is Mickey Mouse. Any suggestions welcome !!
thank you,Joan

Attachments

• 0D0CCA29-054D-4524-8AD8-6A2FA7924110.png
    0D0CCA29-054D-4524-8AD8-6A2FA7924110.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 102
@Joan S. Yes, only a few locations have stopped offering 6-inch cakes, and the Grand Floridian is not one of them.

Hello... I'm thinking about ordering a cake from Yacht and Beach Club for an in-room delivery... this would be an early anniversary celebration and I'm hoping to replicate our wedding cake (on a smaller scale) which was originally made by the GF bakery. Here are my questions:

1.) Does YC/BC offer the almond cake / amaretto mousse flavor combo?
2.) Does YC/BC have fresh floral available?

Thanks in advance :)

Heading to Disney World to celebrate my parent's 50th anniversary in late March. I leaning towards ordering a cake for our HS day and we are dining at 50's Prime Time. Does anyone have some cake photos of anniversary cakes? When is the ideal time to call? Meaning, how far out should I start planning?

• Price - $55.00
  • Order Placed for 2/24
  • Location - Ohana (placed order with the wonderful and ever amazing Pat!)
  • Cake info - 2 Tier mini, Alice in Wonderland theme, white cake strawberry and cream filling. Bottom tier to be purple with Chesire cat white chocolate flat figure, top tier to be 'Alice' blue with white chocolate flat Alice figure. Decorated with flowers and other filler. Cake board to say "We're All Mad Here"
  • Ordered for our first night on property this trip, celebrating my partners 40th birthday and her first trip to WDW.
Pictures to follow!

Last night was our birthday dinner at Topolino’s and the cake was exactly what I had hoped for!
Price $89
6 inch chocolate cake with Oreo cookie mousse. Decorations were Wishes/Fireworks inspired, blue fondant, Jiminy Cricket 2d image, stars and fireworks. Cake was delicious and went off without a hitch, server didn’t want to say anything because he didn’t want to spoil the surprise.
After we finished dinner they brought out the cake and it was a wonderful surprise for my niece. Thanks to this thread, I was able to once again get this lovely celebration cake. Much love to Lurkyloo for all the effort that it takes to stay up to date with the ever changing landscape of Disney World.
F9341EF0-10C6-4FDB-BC40-8D14BFCAC151.jpeg

BD1B3864-F967-47C8-9A9F-FE6E5DD6D670.jpegA0CF1B60-9FD7-452A-872D-8EE2E5C7FAD3.jpeg740A0ABC-A271-4095-A232-51B7A9FE5904.jpeg

Last edited:
Last night was our birthday dinner at Topolino’s and the cake was exactly what I had hoped for!
Price $89
6 inch chocolate cake with Oreo cookie mousse. Decorations were Wishes/Fireworks inspired, blue fondant, Jiminy Cricket 2d image, stars and fireworks. Cake was delicious and went off without a hitch, server didn’t want to say anything because he didn’t want to spoil the surprise.
After we finished dinner they brought out the cake and it was a wonderful surprise for my niece. Thanks to this thread, I was able to once again get this lovely celebration cake. Much love to Lurkyloo for all the effort that it takes to stay up to date with the ever changing landscape of Disney World.
View attachment 473633

View attachment 473629View attachment 473630View attachment 473631
What an adorable cake! I'll bet she didn't know what to think when this was presented to her!

There always seems to be an element of surprise and awe in all of the cakes I've seen in these posts. I have been itching to order one for our summer family trip. My worries is that it won't taste like I'd imagine. I would love input on the minute details of what your thoughts were when the cake was presented to you. Did it have a good flavor? I am worried that it will taste like the standard cupcakes you can buy anywhere at Disney. I want the WOW in the design and in the flavor profile. For all of you who placed an order, talk me into why I should order one! :)

There always seems to be an element of surprise and awe in all of the cakes I've seen in these posts. I have been itching to order one for our summer family trip. My worries is that it won't taste like I'd imagine. I would love input on the minute details of what your thoughts were when the cake was presented to you. Did it have a good flavor? I am worried that it will taste like the standard cupcakes you can buy anywhere at Disney. I want the WOW in the design and in the flavor profile. For all of you who placed an order, talk me into why I should order one! :)
All of the cakes I’ve had a WDW (2 wedding cakes - 3 different flavors- and 3 custom cakes and all have tasted amazing. Are there specific flavors you’re interested in? You can ask us here about any specific flavors and we can tell you if we have tried them or make suggestions.

All of the cakes I’ve had a WDW (2 wedding cakes - 3 different flavors- and 3 custom cakes and all have tasted amazing. Are there specific flavors you’re interested in? You can ask us here about any specific flavors and we can tell you if we have tried them or make suggestions.
I appreciate your quick response TinkLoverSam!

Gosh it's hard to say what flavors...we all like vanilla and vanilla buttercream. Wouldn't be opposed to anything weird like citrus flavors (I would like it but they wouldn't care for it). The above poster mentioned oreos in the cake and I could try that but why for the life of me am I thinking it would taste bland? I have tried some yucky fondant cakes like the ones shown here and unless it's better tasting than the other fondants I would give it a go.

You are the expert as knowing a great deal about these cakes and it's very impressive how many you have ordered! Who do you suggest I contact if I decide to do this? I know, I know it's been discussed many times here but there's so many responses going back a few years so some of the processes could have changed. If I want the cake to be delivered to a restaurant at MK do I need to call someone at the park, or do I call the general Disney phone number?

Thanks so much for sharing details and photos!

Gosh it's hard to say what flavors...we all like vanilla and vanilla buttercream. Wouldn't be opposed to anything weird like citrus flavors (I would like it but they wouldn't care for it). The above poster mentioned oreos in the cake and I could try that but why for the life of me am I thinking it would taste bland? I have tried some yucky fondant cakes like the ones shown here and unless it's better tasting than the other fondants I would give it a go.

Custom cakes do not taste like the cupcakes found all over WDW (which I usually find dry and bland). There are some mousse fillings used by the custom cake teams at WDW that I'm not crazy about, but in 14 years of following Disney weddings and the various DIS cake threads, I've found that most people love Walt Disney World's cakes.

Disney uses a top-of-the-line fondant called Carma Massa Ticino that, to me, tastes like marshmallow and unlike the usual waxy fondant you find elsewhere. If you don't like it, you can peel it off and eat the buttercream used to adhere the fondant to the cake.

You are the expert as knowing a great deal about these cakes and it's very impressive how many you have ordered! Who do you suggest I contact if I decide to do this? I know, I know it's been discussed many times here but there's so many responses going back a few years so some of the processes could have changed. If I want the cake to be delivered to a restaurant at MK do I need to call someone at the park, or do I call the general Disney phone number?

If you look at the "Last Edited" dates on the first two posts, you will see that I am constantly updating them with the most recent information. Post #1 has a section called "What are the most popular flavor combinations? " that may be helpful to you.

Post #2 explains that custom cakes are no longer available inside Magic Kingdom and contains a link to photos of the standard options there.

Thanks so much for sharing details and photos!

Custom cakes do not taste like the cupcakes found all over WDW (which I usually find dry and bland). There are some mousse fillings used by the custom cake teams at WDW that I'm not crazy about, but in 14 years of following Disney weddings and the various DIS cake threads, I've found that most people love Walt Disney World's cakes.

Disney uses a top-of-the-line fondant called Carma Massa Ticino that, to me, tastes like marshmallow and unlike the usual waxy fondant you find elsewhere. If you don't like it, you can peel it off and eat the buttercream used to adhere the fondant to the cake.

If you look at the "Last Edited" dates on the first two posts, you will see that I am constantly updating them with the most recent information. Post #1 has a section called "What are the most popular flavor combinations? " that may be helpful to you.

Post #2 explains that custom cakes are no longer available inside Magic Kingdom and contains a link to photos of the standard options there.

lurkyloo you are awesome!

The passion that you and the string of posters have on this subject is so amazing. I am relatively new to the Dis Boards but have been following for a few years. I do hit stumbling blocks and can't figure out where to find the answers to my questions so thank you for navigating me in the right direction.

I had no idea Disney used a better tasting fondant so you convinced me to try this and if I don't, the buttercream underneath will serve me right! About the fillings...the nice thing is that you can always pick around it but I will give that a try too. I need to stop over thinking this and call them.

I appreciate your quick response TinkLoverSam!

Custom cakes are no longer possible in Magic Kingdom. They do have a few standard options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter