Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Returned from celebrating our 25th anniversary vow renewal at WDW. Wanted to celebrate with a custom cake. Worked with Pat, and she was amazing. Gave lots of suggestions.
We requested an UP theme. GF did not disappoint. The decorations were just perfect. They even incorporated a picture from our wedding 25 years ago as part of the wall paper background CB38D9F3-4DB5-4742-972C-672583C448C8.jpeg72AF5723-123D-447E-87F5-CEAD54BFE38B.jpegBA220F2B-3346-4DA8-B888-8034B0847829.jpeg
-Churro cake with cinnamon churro crunch mousse
-Delivered to the wedding pavilion where we had our ceremony. Picked it up at Franc’s
-$275 plus tax

I can do a cake at either tea at the Grand Floridian or delivered to our room at Boardwalk Inn - which bakery is going to give us a tastier cake?

lurkyloo-I have gone back to read the disney cake chatter parts IV and V. There is such a wealth of information on the cake topic here and goodness, you sure know your stuff! Thank you for communicating with people about questions and helping them get the cake they want. It seems that most people placing cake orders have been happy with the final product. I'm super excited to order a cake for our trip this summer!!! I know if I have any questions you be there for me! :chat:

I can do a cake at either tea at the Grand Floridian or delivered to our room at Boardwalk Inn - which bakery is going to give us a tastier cake?

They all use the same recipes, so there is no difference in flavor. The Grand Floridian may have the edge in the decorating department, but I haven't seen a BoardWalk Inn cake lately, so it's tough to know.

Hello everyone! I just put in an order for a cake and thought I'd share my experience. Staying at Ft. Wilderness, want to pick the cake up at Trail's End to take back to our camper. This is for my DD's bday next month, middle of March.

I called the number on the first page of this thread on Tuesday morning and left a message. Called again yesterday morning and left another message. Got a call back today at 8:30 am from a very pleasant and friendly lady who took my order.

K no idea why that posted before I was done typing but to continue:
I told the lady I wanted a white chocolate castle on top and she put me on hold to check with the pastry chef on the price. She came back after a few minutes and said "we have a 3 inch white chocolate castle for $15 or a 6 inch for $120" LOL that's quite a price difference for 3 inches of chocolate, Disney cracks me up.

So I've ordered a 10 inch chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and purple fondant on top with a 3 inch white chocolate castle and some flowers and pixie dust. It's for a 7 year old girl so I told them the sparklier the better. I was quoted $82. I'll post pics when I get back from the trip. Hope it turns out as well as my past cake orders!

She came back after a few minutes and said "we have a 3 inch white chocolate castle for $15 or a 6 inch for $120" LOL that's quite a price difference for 3 inches of chocolate, Disney cracks me up.

The difference is that the "6-inch" one is actually WAY bigger than 6 inches—it's just called that because it fits on a 6-inch top tier of a wedding cake. It's made by an outside vendor for Disney, and they have an even bigger one that costs $285!

3-inch White Chocolate Castle

This is on a minicake....

CastleMiniCake.jpg

"6-inch" White Chocolate Castle

IMG_2428_zpsoqdfh1uw.jpg

Here's what it looks like atop a 10-inch cake:

image1_zpsfisbqxj6.jpeg

Thanks @lurkyloo for the explanation! It looks like that "6 inch" is also a lot more detailed.

We're still fine with the 3 inch lol. I ordered a 10 inch cake and we only have 8 people so we are going to have more than enough cake, just the birthday girl gets to eat the castle and that will be plenty big for a tiny 6 year old turning 7, I doubt she'll even eat the whole 3 inch one honestly.

Those wedding cakes are so pretty!

Tossing around various options for DS’s birthday cake and had an idea I don’t remember seeing mentioned. Has anyone ever had a cake delivered to the Top of the World lounge? How was the experience? By that I mean, I know it is a lounge not a restaurant...is it odd having a celebration there? I have never been up there so unsure of actual ambiance but I like idea of fireworks themed cake then watching HEA.

Tossing around various options for DS’s birthday cake and had an idea I don’t remember seeing mentioned. Has anyone ever had a cake delivered to the Top of the World lounge? How was the experience? By that I mean, I know it is a lounge not a restaurant...is it odd having a celebration there? I have never been up there so unsure of actual ambiance but I like idea of fireworks themed cake then watching HEA.

Yes, I have seen a few DISers over the years order cakes for delivery to Top of the World. The process is the same as for any cake at the Contemporary resort, and they will have plates and utensils and everything you need to eat it. You can see photos that will give you an idea of the ambiance HERE.

Anyone had any luck getting Nightmare Before Christmas/Jack Skellington theme on a custom cake? We are staying at Art of Animation, and I was thinking of a cake for my dd 22nd. Our dinner is at Teppan Edo, but would prefer to the room, and maybe just a mini cake/ 2 tier mini if possible? Y&B did one of our faves, her stitch cake for her 16th birthday, and would be willing to do 6 inch if needed, but its just a weekend trip, so don't want too big.

Anyone had any luck getting Nightmare Before Christmas/Jack Skellington theme on a custom cake? We are staying at Art of Animation, and I was thinking of a cake for my dd 22nd. Our dinner is at Teppan Edo, but would prefer to the room, and maybe just a mini cake/ 2 tier mini if possible? Y&B did one of our faves, her stitch cake for her 16th birthday, and would be willing to do 6 inch if needed, but its just a weekend trip, so don't want too big.

I ordered this cake a couple years ago and had it delivered to Pop Century. It was a 6 inch I believe.

Attachments

• 8B07767C-C8F7-4846-8BF2-89499C081AF0.jpeg
    8B07767C-C8F7-4846-8BF2-89499C081AF0.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 158

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!