Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

So has anyone tried to order a cake for this reopening period? I wasn’t sure if they would be open, but I sure would love to have one for this thrice rescheduled Girls Trip!
Wondering the same thing form my daughters birthday when we go later in July.

Wondering the same thing form my daughters birthday when we go later in July.
Welp, I tried asking a chat CM on the website, and they just told me to watch the "Know Before You Go" Resorts page, so I called the Polynesian Cake line today just to see, and I left a message on the voicemail. So we'll see if I get a call back!

Welp, I tried asking a chat CM on the website, and they just told me to watch the "Know Before You Go" Resorts page, so I called the Polynesian Cake line today just to see, and I left a message on the voicemail. So we'll see if I get a call back!
Did anyone get back with you? Wanting to order a cake in August.

Did anyone get back with you? Wanting to order a cake in August.
Unfortunately no. I’m guessing they’re either not taking orders or since I mentioned my dates in the message, they didn’t call me back because they knew they wouldn’t be fulfilling orders as early as next week. :worried:

Hi All,
We postponed my middle daughter's 5th birthday trip to January so it's not her UN-birthday. Her name is Belle and we're planning on dinner at BOG but since custom cakes can't be done there I'm thinking of having something delivered to our room at Kidani. I've searched through about 100 of the pages of posts here and haven't seen any Beauty & the Beast birthday cakes. Does anyone have pictures? There will be 10 of us total but two don't eat cake so needs to feed 8 people (3 adults, 5 kids). I'm thinking between $150-$200? My other consideration is to do an 1/2 birthday cake with an Alice in Wonderland theme and have it delivered to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast? I'd love any feedback, pricing & photos! Thank you!!!

@Traci Ramos Here are the Beauty and the Beast-themed cakes I've seen...

You only need a 6-inch cake to feed 8 people, especially if 5 of them are kids. $150-$200 is a good estimate if you want really elaborate theming. It may be easier to work with the Grand Floridian than Animal Kingdom Lodge, but it's hard to say right now with everything up in the air the way it is...

Hi All,
We postponed my middle daughter's 5th birthday trip to January so it's not her UN-birthday. Her name is Belle and we're planning on dinner at BOG but since custom cakes can't be done there I'm thinking of having something delivered to our room at Kidani. I've searched through about 100 of the pages of posts here and haven't seen any Beauty & the Beast birthday cakes. Does anyone have pictures? There will be 10 of us total but two don't eat cake so needs to feed 8 people (3 adults, 5 kids). I'm thinking between $150-$200? My other consideration is to do an 1/2 birthday cake with an Alice in Wonderland theme and have it delivered to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast? I'd love any feedback, pricing & photos! Thank you!!!

My daughter had a BatB themed cake for her 5th bday. I've also had two Alice themed cakes...one Cheshire Cat and one Tea Cups/White Rabbit. The Belle cake was from 2011, so no clue what it would cost today. I think it was in the $130-150 range back then and was an 8". The Cheshire Cat cake was from 2015 and was around $75 and was a 6". The tea cup cake was from January of this year and was also around $80 and was the 2 tier mini.

6063052996_8aa7c881a1.jpg

6063053248_db0395739e.jpg

6063054244_9cf0ca8f30.jpg

20251734599_7c22e53b66.jpg

49357324603_8c7d90b58b.jpg

This week's Disney Wedding Podcast cake is Beauty and the Beast themed, and the couple had Lumiere, Belle and Beast attend their reception!

1) The cake, especially the topper, is gorgeous!
2) I'd be making the same face as the Groom if I was cutting that cake. It's so pretty! It's almost a shame to mar it. But of course, then you couldn't eat it.
3) Lumiere is creepily gigantic. ;)

... edited to add, I absolutely love the Bride's dress!

In case anyone was still wondering if custom cakes were back yet-I called Grand Floridian bakery today and they took my order! The baker told me that they will do room delivery next Tuesday. So looks like anyone needing a cake again should be good to go.

By the way, I ordered an 8 inch marble cake with oreo mousse filling in an Avenger's theme. Was hoping for Captain Marvel, but they are not approved to use that license yet. Still super excited to surprise my husband for his 🎂 birthday! Will post pics next week. 👍

In case anyone was still wondering if custom cakes were back yet-I called Grand Floridian bakery today and they took my order! The baker told me that they will do room delivery next Tuesday. So looks like anyone needing a cake again should be good to go.

By the way, I ordered an 8 inch marble cake with oreo mousse filling in an Avenger's theme. Was hoping for Captain Marvel, but they are not approved to use that license yet. Still super excited to surprise my husband for his 🎂 birthday! Will post pics next week. 👍

This is good to know! I have never ordered a cake before so I'm a bit overwhelmed with the process. I would like to order a small custom, Moana or tropical-themed cake for my husband's 40th birthday in late September but I'm not exactly sure how to proceed. We are staying at Poly and are having his birthday dinner at California Grill. Either cake delivery to the room or during our dinner would be A-OK, though California Grill is preferred. I called the number listed for the Contemporary on the first page of this thread but they said Private Dining wasn't available.

Any idea if it is even possible to proceed? Or should I plan to request a dome cake, haha?

This is good to know! I have never ordered a cake before so I'm a bit overwhelmed with the process. I would like to order a small custom, Moana or tropical-themed cake for my husband's 40th birthday in late September but I'm not exactly sure how to proceed. We are staying at Poly and are having his birthday dinner at California Grill. Either cake delivery to the room or during our dinner would be A-OK, though California Grill is preferred. I called the number listed for the Contemporary on the first page of this thread but they said Private Dining wasn't available.

Any idea if it is even possible to proceed? Or should I plan to request a dome cake, haha?

Disney is not offering any Private Dining services at the Contemporary at the moment, so no one is there to take a cake order. Since it looks like the Grand Floridian *does* have its Private Dining team back, and since they make the fancy cakes for the Poly, I'd call them to place the order for delivery to your room. Hopefully they won't say they don't have anyone to deliver the cake right now...

Disney is not offering any Private Dining services at the Contemporary at the moment, so no one is there to take a cake order. Since it looks like the Grand Floridian *does* have its Private Dining team back, and since they make the fancy cakes for the Poly, I'd call them to place the order for delivery to your room. Hopefully they won't say they don't have anyone to deliver the cake right now...

This is what I ended up doing: calling Grand Floridian and they were able to take my order for an 8" custom cake for room delivery at the Polynesian. The person I spoke with said she wasn't sure exactly what the rules are for delivery between the resorts and into the rooms but hopefully they can iron all of that out prior to our visit in late September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!