Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Hi, all! So I decided to try to order 6 cupcakes to the Poly. I called the Grand Floridian and Pat answered after two rings. We spoke for less than 10 minutes and everything is settled! I am traveling with my three daughters, my mom, and my husband, so I ordered 5 princess themed cupcakes and a prince. They are delivering to the Oasis Pool at the poolside patio we have reserved. Princesses will be Cinderella (blue icing with a pink bow), Jasmine (aqua icing and a purple gem), Belle (yellow icing and a rose), Elsa (white icing with a snowflake and snow), Moana (red icing with a flower), and a Prince (bowtie). She quoted me $72 plus tax. Super expensive for cupcakes, but I know my family is going to be so excited and surprised which will make this worth it! I will post pictures after our trip in October!

UPDATE: When I placed the order for my six custom cupcakes to be delivered to the Poly (see quoted text for background info), Pat told me my card would be charged ahead of time. I started checking several times a day for the charge, and there never was one. I started to get nervous that perhaps my order had been misplaced or something else had gone wrong. So I called and left a message on Friday. Yesterday (Saturday) Pat returned my call. It turns out she had entered the order but then slipped the paper into the safe deposit box without charging me. She realized her mistake (not sure if this was before or after I left a message) and she rectified the situation. I am so relieved to know everything is handled! And I am beyond excited to see how they turn out (and my family's reactions!). 68 days and counting:flower:

Hello! Quick question - I've been following this thread for awhile and after much consideration, have decided NOT to get my son a larger cake for his Ohana birthday dinner. Something I have never seen on here, and the question I'm interested in knowing, is can you request just a simple cupcake at dinner? Like the type they sometimes comp you? Since I can't take a chance on hoping they'll bring one, can I just pay for one? Last time we ate at Ohana for dinner, we were just a few hours off of lunch at another restaurant on property and we were still soooo stuffed, we were never able to properly enjoy our dinner. I definitely want to be able to enjoy the full meal, dessert included, this time. That mixed with the fact that the last cake we ordered got wasted since no one wanted to eat it since we were stuffed up from 1900 Park Fare and it went bad unrefrigerated :( makes me want to just get something simple so he can have a candle to blow out after we sing Happy Birthday. Nothing fancy needed, but can I get it that way?

Thanks a bunch, 8 more days!!!

Hello! Here is the anniversary cake I ordered from the Beach Club for delivery to our room. I never got the peanut butter filling that I want d but this was still delicious. And it is absolutely gorgeous and more than I could have asked for. Our wedding colors were pink and brown so I asked them to incorporate that somehow and I love what they did! This is an 8" vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. Was quoted $85 and charged about $109 with gratuity and everything.

Attachments

• IMG_7776.JPG
    IMG_7776.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_7778.JPG
    IMG_7778.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_7780.JPG
    IMG_7780.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_7787.JPG
    IMG_7787.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_7788.JPG
    IMG_7788.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 446
Hello! Quick question - I've been following this thread for awhile and after much consideration, have decided NOT to get my son a larger cake for his Ohana birthday dinner. Something I have never seen on here, and the question I'm interested in knowing, is can you request just a simple cupcake at dinner? Like the type they sometimes comp you? Since I can't take a chance on hoping they'll bring one, can I just pay for one? Last time we ate at Ohana for dinner, we were just a few hours off of lunch at another restaurant on property and we were still soooo stuffed, we were never able to properly enjoy our dinner. I definitely want to be able to enjoy the full meal, dessert included, this time. That mixed with the fact that the last cake we ordered got wasted since no one wanted to eat it since we were stuffed up from 1900 Park Fare and it went bad unrefrigerated :( makes me want to just get something simple so he can have a candle to blow out after we sing Happy Birthday. Nothing fancy needed, but can I get it that way?

Thanks a bunch, 8 more days!!!
The post above yours ordered 6 custom cupcakes to be delivered to the Poly so it can definitely be done.

Hello! Here is the anniversary cake I ordered from the Beach Club for delivery to our room. I never got the peanut butter filling that I want d but this was still delicious. And it is absolutely gorgeous and more than I could have asked for. Our wedding colors were pink and brown so I asked them to incorporate that somehow and I love what they did! This is an 8" vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. Was quoted $85 and charged about $109 with gratuity and everything.
What a lovely cake, and happy couple!

Okay... so I've stalked the Cake Thread for the last few days because I decided to order a cake for my CM friend's birthday when we go stay with him at the Cabins at FW in September. He loves Steamboat Willie, so I knew that's what I was going to request. My phone call with the Cake Line seemed to go by super fast, and I was flustered (because I had called earlier and had to leave a message, then they called me back and I missed it, so I was returning their call, blah blah blah), and now I'm worried about what I'm going to get. What I've been quoted is an 8-inch marble cake with white chocolate mousse filling and white buttercream icing with a 2D white chocolate stand-up Steamboat Willie with Happy Birthday to my friend on it. Quoted at $70 + tax. Can't get delivered to the cabin, have to pick up at Trail's End.

Now I'm super nervous. They didn't ask me at all what kind of design features I might want other than the character, and there was never a break in the conversation for me to interject. I know, I'm a pushover, and should have asserted myself, but it was my first time ordering a cake, and like I said, I just got flustered. I do not want to end up with the hodgepodge Steamboat Willie cake that I saw on another Cake thread. Would you give it a few days and maybe call back under the guise of, "I just wanted to make sure of what I'm getting"? Or just see what happens? Ugh, that did not go how I planned!

Now I'm super nervous. They didn't ask me at all what kind of design features I might want other than the character, and there was never a break in the conversation for me to interject. I know, I'm a pushover, and should have asserted myself, but it was my first time ordering a cake, and like I said, I just got flustered. I do not want to end up with the hodgepodge Steamboat Willie cake that I saw on another Cake thread. Would you give it a few days and maybe call back under the guise of, "I just wanted to make sure of what I'm getting"? Or just see what happens? Ugh, that did not go how I planned!

See if you can find some examples of the kind of Steamboat Willie cake you DO want that you can email to the Contemporary pastry team. You could also grab the photo of the cake you do NOT want and put a big ol' red X through it and send them that with the pix of what you do want. Just be sure to include every single detail about the cake and your contact info so that they can match it up with the order you placed over the phone. And if they don't email you back after a week or so, call Private Dining at the Contemporary and make sure they sync up your phone order with the email.

See if you can find some examples of the kind of Steamboat Willie cake you DO want that you can email to the Contemporary pastry team. You could also grab the photo of the cake you do NOT want and put a big ol' red X through it and send them that with the pix of what you do want. Just be sure to include every single detail about the cake and your contact info so that they can match it up with the order you placed over the phone. And if they don't email you back after a week or so, call Private Dining at the Contemporary and make sure they sync up your phone order with the email.

So... I bit the bullet and called back, and got no answer, and I didn't want to seem like a pest, so I didn't leave a message and was just going to follow your advice and send an email, but then they called me back anyway!

I was a little embarrassed (because I might've called more than once), but the lady was super nice, and I basically explained that I just wanted to make sure we stuck with something monochromatic, either black and white or chocolate and white. No color! She walked through my order again with me, and notated it on the order, so I feel so much better now! That was what I was worried about was that one cake with colored stars and sprinkles that the person who posted was super disappointed with! So hopefully with monochromatic notated on it, I'll dodge that potential bullet! Whew! I'll be sure to post a pic when we pick it up! Thanks for that advice though!

Very nice. Happy Anniversary!

I know it's best to wait to 3-4 weeks out, but I'm so into the planning I'm just spoiling to call on ODS' birthday cake. :) He just loves cake and will like just about any flavor; anyone want to share yummy combos you've had at WDW? This will be at the Contemporary (Chef Mickey). We'll avoid fruit flavors because YDS doesn't really like them.

So... I bit the bullet and called back, and got no answer, and I didn't want to seem like a pest, so I didn't leave a message and was just going to follow your advice and send an email, but then they called me back anyway!

I was a little embarrassed (because I might've called more than once), but the lady was super nice, and I basically explained that I just wanted to make sure we stuck with something monochromatic, either black and white or chocolate and white. No color! She walked through my order again with me, and notated it on the order, so I feel so much better now! That was what I was worried about was that one cake with colored stars and sprinkles that the person who posted was super disappointed with! So hopefully with monochromatic notated on it, I'll dodge that potential bullet! Whew! I'll be sure to post a pic when we pick it up! Thanks for that advice though!

Glad you got it worked out. Sounds like a really neat cake. Can't wait to see it!!

I know it's best to wait to 3-4 weeks out, but I'm so into the planning I'm just spoiling to call on ODS' birthday cake. :) He just loves cake and will like just about any flavor; anyone want to share yummy combos you've had at WDW? This will be at the Contemporary (Chef Mickey). We'll avoid fruit flavors because YDS doesn't really like them.

I get asked this a lot, so I recently put a list in the first post of this thread. Like your YDS, I do not think cake should be sullied by fruit, so my two faves are the ones listed third and fourth, below:

What are the best/most popular flavor combinations?
  • Chocolate Cake + Cookies & Cream Mousse (a.k.a., The Grey Stuff)
  • Almond Cake + Amaretto Crunch Mousse
  • Red Velvet Cake + Cream Cheese Mousse (I prefer Disney's cream cheese buttercream frosting — tastes less cheesecake-y)
  • Chocolate Cake + Peanut Butter Cup Mousse (I prefer Disney's peanut butter buttercream frosting for the same reason)
  • Yellow Cake + Tropical Mousse
  • Any cake + fresh fruit fillings (strawberries, raspberries, etc.)

The post above yours ordered 6 custom cupcakes to be delivered to the Poly so it can definitely be done.

I did see that, but I figured since she ordered several and they were customized it may have been a difference circumstance. I called and they told me I can let them know we are celebrating a birthday when I get to the podium and they might have something, but I would have rather just paid for one in advance and know for sure we were getting something instead of taking the chance. I guess I'll just have to go back and revisit the cake idea, even just a small one. Thanks!

I did see that, but I figured since she ordered several and they were customized it may have been a difference circumstance. I called and they told me I can let them know we are celebrating a birthday when I get to the podium and they might have something, but I would have rather just paid for one in advance and know for sure we were getting something instead of taking the chance. I guess I'll just have to go back and revisit the cake idea, even just a small one. Thanks!

You could do a mini cake! Those start at about $35 and are pretty small.

Has anyone tried the Mickey Mouse Celebration cake? I just want to know if the $35 is for the look of the cake, or does it have a good flavour as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!