Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Well, I called and got right in touch with Pat and got DGDs cake ordered for next Sunday. I hope it turns out special. I told her money really was no object. After much thought (which is why it's taken me so long to order something) I decided on the Tinkerbell theme, with the Castle included. She's doing a white chocolate Tink, along with the White chocolate castle. Light purple fondant, flowers and glitter. I think it will turn out pretty. I hope. I stressed that I wanted something really special.

I also got a chocolate slipper for a friend that is joining us. She'll be quite excited to see something with Princess "C" on it.

Y'all have said that Bell Services can hold left over cake too, right? I went with an 8" cake but we'll still have some left over. I know we'll have to go by to get it later but that's no problem for us, we'll be at MK that day and we are dining at GF (for the Tea Room) so we can leave MK, go to GF and then Uber back to our Resort.
Hope you post pics of it. I have one bakery that I use for all my cakes, only one bakery, in Ringgold and have yet to taste anyone else's cakes that come close to what Sugar Chic does. I just wonder how Disney's would fare compared to theirs.

Hope you post pics of it. I have one bakery that I use for all my cakes, only one bakery, in Ringgold and have yet to taste anyone else's cakes that come close to what Sugar Chic does. I just wonder how Disney's would fare compared to theirs.
We always do Publix cakes.

We've done a Disney cake, for her 5th birthday. So we know we love theirs

I just hope it looks awesome. I'll post a picture for sure

Before I continue with my thought, is Mama Melrose able to do these cakes?
MickeyCake-VanillaChocolate1287948_zpsvvfsksdg.jpg

Thanks! I thought they were Disney owned but they were one I wasn't 100% about
Still recommend to order these a couple days in advance?

I think I would, just cuz they made such a big deal at the beginning about how each restaurant would only have a few on hand and it is safer to order ahead. Although it would be interesting to see if that's changed and they're now as readily available as the old podium cakes were.

Thanks! I thought they were Disney owned but they were one I wasn't 100% about
Still recommend to order these a couple days in advance?
If you do this, please report back with pics and a review! Very curious how the white chocolate vanilla cake is. I heard the chocolate one was awesome and saw a cross section pic in this thread but not of the white cake.

I did order the White Chocolate version of the Mickey Celebration cake for Saturday at MM at HS. I'll update on what everyone thinks of it. I'm not a fan of White Chocolate to begin with so I'm not expecting to be a good judge but DD and DGD are. I may even take a stab at ordering a chocolate version on a whim at a different meal, just to see if it's possible. And will report back on how that goes too. If not this trip, in April for DH and I's anniversary.

I did order the White Chocolate version of the Mickey Celebration cake for Saturday at MM at HS. I'll update on what everyone thinks of it. I'm not a fan of White Chocolate to begin with so I'm not expecting to be a good judge but DD and DGD are. I may even take a stab at ordering a chocolate version on a whim at a different meal, just to see if it's possible. And will report back on how that goes too. If not this trip, in April for DH and I's anniversary.
Great! Take pics and post!

We are going for the Star Wars Dark Side 10k, my DS' birthday trip. At the moment, our TS, selected by him and DH, are Tutto Italia :rolleyes1Friday night before the race, Ohana dinner Saturday evening, and the Wave for their brunch buffet Sunday. DS also wants to go to Morimotos. Ohana and the Wave will be very filling meals, so the logical place to get a birthday cake is Tutto Italia, but their options are just meh :confused3

Has anyone had any cakes from Tutto Italia and can give opinions, or should I just bag it and go to Amorette's and let him pick out a cake or dessert? I am open to any suggestions. DS is turning 16, and is all cars, all the time (when it's not Hamilton :laughing:) Buzz Lightyear was his favorite when he was little. I wanted to get him a special cake, but am struggling with my options. Thanks for the help!

We are going for the Star Wars Dark Side 10k, my DS' birthday trip. At the moment, our TS, selected by him and DH, are Tutto Italia :rolleyes1Friday night before the race, Ohana dinner Saturday evening, and the Wave for their brunch buffet Sunday. DS also wants to go to Morimotos. Ohana and the Wave will be very filling meals, so the logical place to get a birthday cake is Tutto Italia, but their options are just meh :confused3

Has anyone had any cakes from Tutto Italia and can give opinions, or should I just bag it and go to Amorette's and let him pick out a cake or dessert? I am open to any suggestions. DS is turning 16, and is all cars, all the time (when it's not Hamilton :laughing:) Buzz Lightyear was his favorite when he was little. I wanted to get him a special cake, but am struggling with my options. Thanks for the help!

Are you staying at a Disney resort? You could have a cake delivered to your room on the first night.

ok, fresh back from the Parks and got a few pictures of the cake I ordered for my husband's birthday last week. FYI, his nickname is Puppy, I didn't want anyone to think I got a cake for a dog! LOL.

What I requested was a "Tiki Themed Cake" to be delivered to the Hoop Dee Doo Review. Initially I was given a bit of push back from the cake people saying that they couldn't do what I asked for. I asked for a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. The cake itself was VERY good. Very moist. Puppy cut into it before I could take some more pictures!

cake 1.jpg cake2.jpg cake 3.jpg cake 4.jpg cake 5.jpg

ok, fresh back from the Parks and got a few pictures of the cake I ordered for my husband's birthday last week. FYI, his nickname is Puppy, I didn't want anyone to think I got a cake for a dog! LOL.

What I requested was a "Tiki Themed Cake" to be delivered to the Hoop Dee Doo Review. Initially I was given a bit of push back from the cake people saying that they couldn't do what I asked for. I asked for a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. The cake itself was VERY good. Very moist. Puppy cut into it before I could take some more pictures!

View attachment 307820 View attachment 307821 View attachment 307822 View attachment 307823 View attachment 307824
Nice, how much did they charge for that cake?

View attachment 307820 View attachment 307821 View attachment 307822 View attachment 307823 View attachment 307824
Wow! That turned out great! I love the succulents and tikis. It's a terrific price, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!