***Official DLR June 2021 Check In Thread***

Well, Friends. I need some real talk from people in the parks this week.

My 20 yo son, who is on the spectrum, is upset at masks and social distancing ending. He no longer feels comfortable going. But my 15 yo daughter was really excited to go. And I was excited, too.

We are currently deciding whether or not to cancel.

I've had similar talks with my kids and they're all vaccinated too. To put their minds at easy, we watched several videos of people at the parks yesterday but the best was this one from Mondo at Five Fires....

Have your kids watch this whole video, it's a little over an hour long. Mondo showcases what it was like walking to the Harbor side entrance, what it looked like during rope drop, what it looked like walking through Fantasyland and waiting in line for the different ride ques. Which are all VERY important for your kids to gauge in their minds if they would have felt safe being there.

One thing to talk to them about it and have feedbacks from people they've never meet before. A totally different thing for them to see what's exactly going on visually at the parks on YouTube. I put this video on our big screen tv at home and had all my kids watch it. They all commented how strange it was to see people without masks but they also said they'd be ok with it if they were there too.

Hope that video helps and good luck!

Last edited:
I've had similar talks with my kids and they're all vaccinated too. To put their minds at easy, we watched several videos of people at the parks yesterday

Have your kids watch this whole video, it's a little over an hour long.

Hope that video helps and good luck!

THANK YOU SO MUCH. This is exactly what we needed.

Honestof anyone is worried I would postpone. It is absolutely a personal choice , but for me I have no issues. It IS crowded in spaces , please don't think it won't be. NO it is NOT at 100% but it will feel crowded and there isn't social distancing enforced or required anywhere. You may be seated with others. You may qualify for a DAS which might make things easier or more comfortable however too. I recommend reading and watching a first.

Well, Friends. I need some real talk from people in the parks this week.

My 20 yo son, who is on the spectrum, is upset at masks and social distancing ending. He no longer feels comfortable going. But my 15 yo daughter was really excited to go. And I was excited, too.

We are currently deciding whether or not to cancel. I told him I thought it might still be a good time to go because capacity is still reduced, so maybe the crowd will be decent. Both kids insist we will wear masks, even though all of us are fully vaccinated. I don't think it's necessary, but will do it if they are more comfortable.

Our priorities are Space/Splash/ROTR/Indy/BTM/GRR/Mission Breakout/Pooh/Smuggler's Run/Pirates/Soarin'/Incredicoaster

I have 5 day passes and reservations June 21, 22, 23, 25, 26. If we did all the above rides once a day and got some good food, we would be happy.

We do mostly Counter Service. I have multiple reservations at Ogas, Lamplight, and Wine Country, but may cancel the two sit down restaurants because my kids aren't really restaurant people when there are rides to be had.

I have reservations at Desert Inn and Suites. Willing to take a Lyft to DTD entrance if Harbor continues to be chaos. I'm looking at the wait times and they range from 15-40 minutes right now. It looks good from the outside.

Talk to me. What's it really like there now.

P.S. If I cancel I won't be out any money. I think I have until Midnight tomorrow to not lose money on the hotel. I can use the Parkhoppers for our next trip. Alaska Airlines has great policies now for flight changes. I just have to remember to cancel all the dining reservations and the Supershuttle to LAX.

If you don’t end up canceling, it might be best to keep the sit-down restaurant reservations. They could be a nice break from people for your son.

Honestof anyone is worried I would postpone. It is absolutely a personal choice , but for me I have no issues. It IS crowded in spaces , please don't think it won't be. NO it is NOT at 100% but it will feel crowded and there isn't social distancing enforced or required anywhere. You may be seated with others. You may qualify for a DAS which might make things easier or more comfortable however too. I recommend reading and watching a first.

Yes, my daughter and I are fine. It's my son I'm worried about. Not sure a DAS would help in these circumstances......... I'll have him watch the video and make the call for himself. Then we get to decide if we leave him behind or cancel. :(

Yes, my daughter and I are fine. It's my son I'm worried about. Not sure a DAS would help in these circumstances......... I'll have him watch the video and make the call for himself. Then we get to decide if we leave him behind or cancel. :(
I'm sorry, that's a hard choice! I hope you guys can make the best decision for everyone!

Thank you. With 5 kids I know you get it. (I wish I could just go by myself on Friday! LOL)
Yes, with more than 1-2 kids it’s pretty close to impossible to make everyone happy at once. I hate that! Mine all have various opinions about me going Friday by myself, even though they’re mostly supportive because they know how much I love it, and because then they know I will take them again!!

Welp. Looks like we are going. Will spare you the details.

Wondering what things look like on the ground. Cruising the posts it sounds to me like it's not worth going to Harbor much before opening as it's a zoo, but it clears out pretty quickly, and ride waits appear to be in the realm of reasonable between 10-40 minutes most of the day for normal things (not new Avengers stuff or Cars, etc).

Sounds like restaurants are slowly reopening..... any sign of Plaza Inn breakfast??? (I know no characters but dang I love that breakfast).

It's been a minute since I've been to DLR. In fact, it's been 8 years....and of course, things are especially weird now, so can someone walk me through this? For DLR, our ticket lives in our app, yes? I'm going to print paper copies just in case, b/c I'm that girl, but.....

Also, what do we currently have to show at the turnstiles? Just the app with our tickets in it? Also our QR code with our reservation? Just our QR code? And are ppl mostly showing those from a phone screen or printing them?

I feel like I know nothing, and we will be there in 9 days. Help!!!! :)

It's been a minute since I've been to DLR. In fact, it's been 8 years....and of course, things are especially weird now, so can someone walk me through this? For DLR, our ticket lives in our app, yes? I'm going to print paper copies just in case, b/c I'm that girl, but.....

Also, what do we currently have to show at the turnstiles? Just the app with our tickets in it? Also our QR code with our reservation? Just our QR code? And are ppl mostly showing those from a phone screen or printing them?

I feel like I know nothing, and we will be there in 9 days. Help!!!! :)

My habit is to have the paper copies the first day, just in case my app glitches. I'll maybe have the QR's printed out, too, now that you mention it.

Although your ticket is in the app, I've always been given a hard ticket the first day when they take pics. I like to have it as sometimes it's just easier. But I'm old. ;)

So yes you will need your ticket voucher either printed, or in your phone. The QR code. And sometimes ID on day 1.

We arrived yesterday! Staying at the GCH for four nights (me, husband, and 9-year-old son). Check in was crazy crowded and we didn't make it into the parks until 6pm unfortunately but then had a magical land.

We were mainly focused on Galaxy's Edge as we had a 7:15 Oga's Cantina. We mobile ordered Ronto wraps as we were walking in and they were ready by the time we got there. Yum!

Oga's was fun but way overstimulating for all of us. At first they tried to cram us into a booth with 7 other people, but I knew that would not work well for our son, so we opted to stand at the bar instead. We had our drinks quickly and left, but still glad we went. After that we rode Smuggler's Run (so fun) and the BTMRR (5 min wait).

We walked briskly back over to California Adventure as the kid really wanted to get on the Grizzly River run before we turned in. Got to ride the right before 9.

Can't wait to see what today brings!

We fly down tomorrow and our first day in the parks is Wednesday. So excited!

Nice! We start the first leg of trip our friday night but wont be in Anaheim until Sunday. First we have to roast to death at a wedding in Sacramento (100+ degrees!)

We’re driving down from northern CA Saturday! We have a reservation at Storytellers for dinner that night and will walk around in DTD. Park days Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday! I am SO excited. I haven’t been to a Disney park since DLR in Oct 2019. Honestly, from what I’ve read and heard, this seems like the perfect time to go! Crowds aren’t bad yet and the wait times are pretty good. I can give up fireworks for that.

Hope all of you who are there now and/or going soon have wonderful trips!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter