**Official DLR October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!**

We’re out... 😭 We were going to go for Columbus Day weekend, but Disneyland Hotel has canceled my husband’s conference (which had been moved to that day from its original August date). I’m not sure that this necessarily means the Hotel won’t be open at that time—maybe they just expect that the state’s guidelines won’t permit a conference/gathering. Fingers crossed for those of you who still hold reservations... 🤞🤞🤞

We are seriously considering it. We are more concerend about flying safety wise then any concerns at Disney. We have been to DTD and felt super safe. I would go if you could. =)
I‘ve now flown across country 3x since March and will tell you it’s not that bad. The planes are WAY cleaner then they ever have been. if You book on Alaska or delta they are keeping the middle seats empty to space people out. Alaska is doing a really good job of walking thru the cabin and telling people to masks on. They have hospital grade filters that clean the cabin air with new air from outside every 3 minutes. Bring wipes, hand sanitizer and you will be fine! I fly again across country in 4 weeks.

I‘ve now flown across country 3x since March and will tell you it’s not that bad. The planes are WAY cleaner then they ever have been. if You book on Alaska or delta they are keeping the middle seats empty to space people out. Alaska is doing a really good job of walking thru the cabin and telling people to masks on. They have hospital grade filters that clean the cabin air with new air from outside every 3 minutes. Bring wipes, hand sanitizer and you will be fine! I fly again across country in 4 weeks.
You just made me feel 1,000 times better! We would most likely be flying Alaska! Thank you for this awesome information! I usually bring wipes and sanitizer anyways, cause I heard the trays on planes are super gross. We also wipe down the seats. THANK YOU!!! :goodvibes

You just made me feel 1,000 times better! We would most likely be flying Alaska! Thank you for this awesome information! I usually bring wipes and sanitizer anyways, cause I heard the trays on planes are super gross. We also wipe down the seats. THANK YOU!!! :goodvibes

The biggest would be breathing in the virus. If you can deal with it, find some N95 masks and plan to wear those during your flights. Try not to touch the mask and then rub your eyes or anything. I would bring at least two masks for everyone (one for flying out and one for flying back) at least. Don’t touch your face and keep the mask on while on the plane and you should large be fine. COVID is still serious, but the N95 masks do a good job protecting way more than the fabric masks or super cheap hospital style ones. I won’t be flying this year now, but was almost certainly going to if DL had opened in time...

(Make sure you wear the N95 right too, clean shaven allows the best seal. If the bridge of your nose is sensitive for that long, put a bandaid on it first and then let the mask rest on that. You’ll look a little stupid for a few hours, but it helps SO much from rubbing your skin red!)

... (Make sure you wear the N95 right too, clean shaven allows the best seal. If the bridge of your nose is sensitive for that long, put a bandaid on it first and then let the mask rest on that. You’ll look a little stupid for a few hours, but it helps SO much from rubbing your skin red!)
Clear bandage tape works, too, if you need something a little more subtle!

I’m glad! We just wipe down the seat belt, tray, armrests and window area the. I open the air vents above me all the way open to help with air flow/circulation. Husband and I both have just worn the double layer cloth mask with metal nose part and pinch them closed tight and make sure you have a good seal around cheeks. We don’t move or take off the masks at all. Then when we land and get out of the airport, we take those off and put in a baggy. We also wipe down the rental car pretty good too. I bring a couple masks with me but also bring a small travel tide liquid packet and wash used masks in the sink of the hotel and they will be dry in the morning. i also make sure to bring a travel llysol spray and wipes for the room (I did this for years pre Covid as well) night stands, headboards, remotes, door handles, bathroom counter etc. I’ve got it down to a 10 minute cleaning routine once inside the hotel.

Even though I feel like our trip will probably not happen because it will still be closed, I changed my hotel. Now we are staying at BWPPI instead of BW Anaheim Inn. I got BWPPI for $116 a night, which I haven't gotten that low in a very very on time (we always go on weekends).

I have a DVC for Oct 24 and they have not canceled it yet. At this point I really do not know what to do with the points if they did, I already have booked 2021 pretty solid. Maybe back to Aulani

Yep, I rented Aulani privately thru the board here and GCH with David‘s. It’s such a mess. The trip was a once-in-a-lifetime present for my nephew. About to cancel my flight today.
We are from Germany and there is no hope left...😭
I can't imagine how disappointed you must be. Hope that you all get to try it again next year and that it will be even better than you imagined!

We cancelled our DVC rental at VGC for the end of October so that we could get as much of our refund as possible. Right now we have a reservation at WDW after Thanksgiving and a couple of nights at DLR in mid December. Since we bought into DVC at VGC our contract has 52 banked points that need to be used before January. We have until the end of the month to decide which way to go, but since theme parks don't appear to be opening any time soon in California it looks like we'll be going to Florida.

From the DLR Reopening Superthread (HT: @Nonsuch ):

Organizers of Gay Days Anaheim (which is usually the first full weekend in October) sent out this message:

gaydays_anaheim_logo.jpg

Hey there, hi there, ho there….

We know that you have all been anxiously awaiting some clarity on both the Disneyland Resort and Gay Days Anaheim. Us too. We had a long meeting with Disney today and we are pleased to say that we finally have some answers.
As many of you know, Disneyland is still awaiting guidelines from Governor Newsom which, as recently as today, he said would be coming “soon.” But Disney knows that it will take them a bit of time to have their cast members back at work and ready to make magic. They were able to say with clarity today that our October dates won’t be possible this year.

We are disappointed too, but wait… there’s more…

WE ARE NOT CANCELLING

Instead we are postponing and expect to be able to announce a new date within the next few days. We can say this much, however—wouldn’t it be fun to experience Gay Days when the parks are decked out for the holidays?

We also want to report that we have just returned from an exploratory mission to Walt Disney World. We wanted to see what their safety protocols looked like and how comfortable we feel about moving ahead this year. We were very pleased to see that the parks really did everything they could do to ensure guest safety. Capacity was severely limited, social distancing was enforced everywhere, masks were mandated (and guests complied), and hand sanitizers practically outnumbered the guests. Assuming that similar measures are in place in California, we feel very comfortable having Gay Days at Disneyland. We continue to believe that a modified Gay Days is better than no Gay Days as long as it’s safe, and we now feel confident about that.

So, what do you need to do? Nothing. If you currently have a hotel reservation in October, you need not take any action. Your reservation will automatically be cancelled within the next few days and your deposit refunded. We will have new booking information available very soon.

We’ll be in touch. And in the meantime, we hope that you are all staying safe and sane. We’ll be together again.

Well, Disney flat out told them Gay Days won't happen this year when they planned on it. Which leads me to believe there is a reopening date in place and don't want to announce yet because of the time they'll need to reacclimate the CM to park life and the new normal at the resorts.

Well, Disney flat out told them Gay Days won't happen this year when they planned on it. Which leads me to believe there is a reopening date in place and don't want to announce yet because of the time they'll need to reacclimate the CM to park life and the new normal at the resorts.

this is what I'm thinking too, that Disney don't want an event which encourages lots of people to be at the parks in October, when the first re open. They want to re open with as limited capacity as possible, just like WDW and the other parks.

this is what I'm thinking too, that Disney don't want an event which encourages lots of people to be at the parks in October, when the first re open. They want to re open with as limited capacity as possible, just like WDW and the other parks.

I think you're right. I'm holding out hope for my mid-October trip still. I told my party members we wouldn't start rescheduling until the end of September. I really don't want to move this to next year.

Checking in for the October line up. I was hoping that Governor Newsom would have some updates this week. Disappointed that did not happen [yet].

I still have my VGC reservation for October 9 - October 14. Crossing my fingers that this trip will happen. If it does not happen it will be the fourth trip I've had cancelled since March.

I have all my links open to cancel for October 3rd-5th, but I also wanted to wait one more day just in case Newsom said anything. I remember when they first announced July 17th the opening date they were not going to have the hotels open. I figured waiting one more day wouldn't hurt, I am just desperate for any news!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter