**Official DLR October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!**

So I think I’m finally going to commit and cancel my Disney plans for the year. I’ve got hotel reservations for DLH on a Chase card that has a zero balance right now. I know this isn’t specifically the place, but does anyone know if you can request a check back from them?
When the credit hits your Chase card send a secure message to Chase through your login that you would like to them to ACH your credit balance of $X. They will send you a link where you input your bank info and then Chase will send the money to your bank account, process only took 1-2 days for me.

With every single day I find myself filled with sadness and dread....instead of excitement and joy. I keep hoping one day I will read that we have “ reopening plans in progress”. I am not cancelling until the absolute 11th hour........but I want something of hope to hold on to!! 😉

same... sigh.... for me whether Disneyland is open or not in October is not even deal breaker, I just want to be able to travel to California. At this stage , just even to go to Downtown Disney and visit my friends in LA would mean so much to me.

I can wait until about 10 days before my flight is scheduled to leave to make a decision.

With every single day I find myself filled with sadness and dread....instead of excitement and joy. I keep hoping one day I will read that we have “ reopening plans in progress”. I am not cancelling until the absolute 11th hour........but I want something of hope to hold on to!! 😉
same... sigh.... for me whether Disneyland is open or not in October is not even deal breaker, I just want to be able to travel to California. At this stage , just even to go to Downtown Disney and visit my friends in LA would mean so much to me.

I can wait until about 10 days before my flight is scheduled to leave to make a decision.
Big hugs to you both -- this is hard for so many of us, but the longer this drags on, the harder it gets.

We have a trip planned for the last week of October that we are wondering if the parks will be open. We rented DVC at GCH, but we were told by the rental company that even if the parks were closed then we would not received a refund. They said we have to cancel before the 60 days check-in to get a partial refund through the "no questions asked cancellation" add-on or risk losing the full amount if the parks were closed during our stay. Is anyone else with DVC rentals at GCH for September or October being told that there are no refunds even if the GCH is still closed? That doesn't seem right to me since if the rental company is not able to fulfill their end of the the contract then shouldn't they have to give a full refund?

We have a trip planned for the last week of October that we are wondering if the parks will be open. We rented DVC at GCH, but we were told by the rental company that even if the parks were closed then we would not received a refund. They said we have to cancel before the 60 days check-in to get a partial refund through the "no questions asked cancellation" add-on or risk losing the full amount if the parks were closed during our stay. Is anyone else with DVC rentals at GCH for September or October being told that there are no refunds even if the GCH is still closed? That doesn't seem right to me since if the rental company is not able to fulfill their end of the the contract then shouldn't they have to give a full refund?
I’m confused. You said “even if the parks were closed” you wouldn’t get a refund and then you said “no refunds even if the GCH is still closed”? I would call your rental company- or read the fine print on your contract as that’s what actually matters- and figure out which it is. WDW opened their DVC properties before their parks so it’s possible GCH opens before DL & DCA.

Alas it doesn’t matter what everyone else is told or if the owner is getting a refund from Disney or if it’s “fair”. The only thing that matters is the fine print of your contract. The owner could get a full refund from Disney and you could still be obligated to pay. If it says you have to decide at 60 days no matter what you need to make your call. You are financially obliged to the contract.

(I’m sorry I’m kinda doom and gloom but I’ve seen numerous reports of people loosing $$$$-$$$$$ on their WDW DVC rentals.)

“Even able to travel to CA”... are we quarantined for your state? You might be able to make a decent guess depending on your state’s rules. (For instance, I have fam in the Tri-State area. Their 10/100k stat is I believe literally laughable- they can’t even meet it themselves- for CA so I pray you’re not aiming for CA to hit that...)

“Even able to travel to CA”... are we quarantined for your state? You might be able to make a decent guess depending on your state’s rules. (For instance, I have fam in the Tri-State area. Their 10/100k stat is I believe literally laughable- they can’t even meet it themselves- for CA so I pray you’re not aiming for CA to hit that...)
BPT is coming from Ireland -- so the rules get even more murky and complicated!

BPT is coming from Ireland -- so the rules get even more murky and complicated!
@BadPinkTink oh no!!! Uggg!!! International travel is a monster right now. Like throw a dart to guess the date everything opens back up 😢

But an upside to that is you’ll get better bang for your Euro than us early birds 😉 You’ll probably get Marvel Land and the plussed up Snow White! Heck, maybe they’ll have worked out some of the reliability issues on ROTR with all this downtime!

I’m confused. You said “even if the parks were closed” you wouldn’t get a refund and then you said “no refunds even if the GCH is still closed”? I would call your rental company- or read the fine print on your contract as that’s what actually matters- and figure out which it is. WDW opened their DVC properties before their parks so it’s possible GCH opens before DL & DCA.

Alas it doesn’t matter what everyone else is told or if the owner is getting a refund from Disney or if it’s “fair”. The only thing that matters is the fine print of your contract. The owner could get a full refund from Disney and you could still be obligated to pay. If it says you have to decide at 60 days no matter what you need to make your call. You are financially obliged to the contract.

(I’m sorry I’m kinda doom and gloom but I’ve seen numerous reports of people loosing $$$$-$$$$$ on their WDW DVC rentals.)

Sorry, for the confusion. The rental company just simply said that all transactions are final transactions, so they didn't specifically say that there were no refunds if either the parks or GCH are closed. I've read the fine print and it says:

This is a final transaction. You will not be able to change the dates, accommodation, or resort for your reservation for any reason, and under any conditions. This is an agreement to rent points that represent accommodations only.

But, my question is if GCH is closed during the dates of our trip and therefore the rental is cancelled by Disney, then the renter would not be able to uphold their end of the contract. From posts I've read it appears that people who rented DVC points at WDW resorts that were closed received full refunds. So, I'm wondering if those of us who rented DVC points at the GCV and if the resort is still closed during our rental dates if those rental companies are obligated to give us a full refund as well since they are not able to uphold their end of the contract.

Thankfully we bought the "cancel anytime" add-on, so sounds like we are better of to cancel now and get back 75% of our rental fee. Appreciate your feedback.

Sorry, for the confusion. The rental company just simply said that all transactions are final transactions, so they didn't specifically say that there were no refunds if either the parks or GCH are closed. I've read the fine print and it says:

This is a final transaction. You will not be able to change the dates, accommodation, or resort for your reservation for any reason, and under any conditions. This is an agreement to rent points that represent accommodations only.

But, my question is if GCH is closed during the dates of our trip and therefore the rental is cancelled by Disney, then the renter would not be able to uphold their end of the contract. From posts I've read it appears that people who rented DVC points at WDW resorts that were closed received full refunds. So, I'm wondering if those of us who rented DVC points at the DGC and if the resort is still closed during our rental dates if those rental companies are obligated to give us a full refund as well since they are not able to uphold their end of the contract.

Thankfully we bought the "cancel anytime" add-on, so sounds like we are better of to cancel now and get back 75% of our rental fee. Appreciate your feedback.
I would head over to the DVC board here on DIS and look to see if anyone has experience with the company you rented through.

Fwiw some people did end up without their accommodations and without a refund.

(good thing you sprang for the insurance!)

But, my question is if GCH is closed during the dates of our trip and therefore the rental is cancelled by Disney, then the renter would not be able to uphold their end of the contract. From posts I've read it appears that people who rented DVC points at WDW resorts that were closed received full refunds. So, I'm wondering if those of us who rented DVC points at the GCV and if the resort is still closed during our rental dates if those rental companies are obligated to give us a full refund as well since they are not able to uphold their end of the contract.

It's totally different when you are renting timeshare points. The owner might be using expiring points that they are going to lose if the hotel doesn't open. It sounds like you were aware of the cancellation policy when you rented. There are several people involved in your transaction. You, the broker, the timeshare owner and Disney. It's too much work for anyone to unravel how each individual is going to be compensated for their losses, if they are compensated at all. It's one of the downsides of renting. Disney may not compensate the owner for their loss. The broker might not compensate the owner for their loss. If the points are expiring, the owner cannot use the points for a future visit. If the points won't expire for a year, then the owner has a chance to use the points towards a future stay. Keep in mind that there are only 48 timeshare rooms and all of the other people who have been canceled since March are going to try to rebook in the future. There aren't enough rooms for everyone.

If you bought cancel anytime insurance, it sounds like you can wait until much closer to cancel. Would you still want to go with COVID restrictions?

It's totally different when you are renting timeshare points. The owner might be using expiring points that they are going to lose if the hotel doesn't open. It sounds like you were aware of the cancellation policy when you rented. There are several people involved in your transaction. You, the broker, the timeshare owner and Disney. It's too much work for anyone to unravel how each individual is going to be compensated for their losses, if they are compensated at all. It's one of the downsides of renting. Disney may not compensate the owner for their loss. The broker might not compensate the owner for their loss. If the points are expiring, the owner cannot use the points for a future visit. If the points won't expire for a year, then the owner has a chance to use the points towards a future stay. Keep in mind that there are only 48 timeshare rooms and all of the other people who have been canceled since March are going to try to rebook in the future. There aren't enough rooms for everyone.

If you bought cancel anytime insurance, it sounds like you can wait until much closer to cancel. Would you still want to go with COVID restrictions?

I think we would still go even with the COVID restrictions, at least if they are the same at Disneyland in October as they are in Walt Disney World right now. But, with so many unknowns of what could change between now and then and the fact that GCH and the parks are still closed it sounds like we are better off to cut our losses now and be glad to get most of our money back.

I just booked for October 3-5th. We have so much credit on Southwest from two canceled trips, I didn't want to pass up their flight deals right now. :) Fingers crossed they are open. Now off to book a hotel.

I'm not confident about our early October trip happening, but I haven't pulled the plug yet - I'll wait until Newsom reveals his theme park plan. If we can't go when we have it booked (our third booking), we'll switch our plans for New Year's and go to Rocky Point in October and Disney over New Year's. Not optimal. But that is our absolute last opportunity to get to DLR before, probably, 2022.

I'm not confident about our early October trip happening, but I haven't pulled the plug yet - I'll wait until Newsom reveals his theme park plan. If we can't go when we have it booked (our third booking), we'll switch our plans for New Year's and go to Rocky Point in October and Disney over New Year's. Not optimal. But that is our absolute last opportunity to get to DLR before, probably, 2022.
I am loosing hope for October as well. I just cannot wrap my head around not having info yet.

We had a September trip that has now been canceled. We rented DVC points and the company we went through has said we will get a credit for the full amount (we did not buy the insurance - last time we pass that up!). So it's not a refund, but we can use it for another reservation in the future (assuming the company stays in business, but that's a problem I prefer not to think about at this point).

We moved our Sept trip (which was June, then Aug, then Sept) to October 4-7. Fingers crossed for some news this week!

Fingers crossed for you as well. We still have flights and an offsite hotel booked for the second week but also have a WDW trip booked that same week as well. Would much rather go to Disneyland due to being more affordable and only a 2 hour direct flight but who knows as of right now.

Fingers crossed for you as well. We still have flights and an offsite hotel booked for the second week but also have a WDW trip booked that same week as well. Would much rather go to Disneyland due to being more affordable and only a 2 hour direct flight but who knows as of right now.
We are on the fence about going to WDW if DL does not open too. Not too thrilled about flying...just for the added cost and well and safety of it. I feel safe going to the parks because I see how many safety measured they have in place. But the plane/airport concerns me a bit.

Plus we have never been to WDW. But it seems so nice right now since you don't have to plan things months in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!