**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

Thanks @Amunet & @karly05 I kind of figured I was worrying for nothing. I didn't even think about the fact that POFQ is New Orleans based and will have their own party! Really looking forward to it now.

And I agree about Gulf Coast folks being very friendly. We're headed there in October!

I am impatiently waiting. I know we are planning to go for Mardi gras. (Just like half of New Orleans) I am worried with the cheer compition being the weekend before Mardi gras. I think a lot of people from here going will make a vacation out of it for the family. And we have to be back by Friday because girl scout cookies are delivered on that Saturday in our area and I'm a troop leader. So we are looking at the 9th or 10th to 15th or 16th. Depends on deals.

Last edited:
I am not doing the PHM or any run events that weekend but I will be there then because the following week is my son's winter break and we are doing the same Disney Dream cruise the OP is doing.

We are at the Poly DVC from 2/22-2/25 then moving (hopefully) to BCV 2bedroom with my parents for 2/26 then the cruise. Then one more night (hopefully) at BLT after the cruise. I say hopefully because I have the last two booked at BWV right now, hoping to move at the 11 month window.

We're going! The hubs, myself, and our 3yo. Hoping that she will be tall enough (she's 38" right now) to ride Splash Mountain as that's her "favorite" ride. No, she's never been on it. Last Feb (her first trip and our first trip with a kidlet) she loved watching the people coming out of the top drop and screaming with them lol. Feb 3-10, staying offsite at Bonnet Creek Resort.

We are booked Feb 13-20 BLT. We've been in Jan and March, but never Feb. Looking forward to a warm vacation during the cold winter

Yay! So glad to see more February bookings :)

I'm guessing we'll see more next week when those 2018 packages release

Yay! So glad to see more February bookings :)

I'm guessing we'll see more next week when those 2018 packages release

I'm nervous to see the prices. I was reading another board on this site about the European prices for 2018. Apparently there's a huge increase.

Weather-wise: I've made 4 February trips. Average temps for that time are lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s and that is mostly what I've experienced. One year I had 2 days where it dripped rain off and on (not enough for a poncho). Another year I had 2 cold mornings (temps in the 30s) but sunny and dry and 50s/60s by afternoon. In both cases, the "bad" weather was on just a couple of days and the rest of the trip was beautiful.

Thanks!

We're going! The hubs, myself, and our 3yo. Hoping that she will be tall enough (she's 38" right now) to ride Splash Mountain as that's her "favorite" ride. No, she's never been on it. Last Feb (her first trip and our first trip with a kidlet) she loved watching the people coming out of the top drop and screaming with them lol. Feb 3-10, staying offsite at Bonnet Creek Resort.

Splash Mountain is GREAT! One of my favorites, and I would vote for it as best overall ride. Great music, great "dark ride" (story/character) elements, great water flume drop ride, always leaves me happy. I hope your DD has a growth spurt and enjoys the ride!

karly05, we love Splash! That and BTMRR are my favorite rides. She's familiar with the "dark" rides (loved Pirates, etc) but we've also been watching videos of Splash so I can prepare her for the other, smaller drops on the ride.

It's so funny being the parent of a toddler; I sound like such a lunatic while watching the video with her lol. "Look at that silly brer bear! You can see his bottom!" "Here comes a drop! Whoooo! Yay! That was fun!"

Hi! My sister and I are planning our first ever WDW trip. We're from Argentina so its a long way out :) We haven't booked yet (the anxiety will kill me, Im sure) but the plan is between the end of jan. and the beginning of feb. before Mardi Gras - at Pop. Any and all recommendations would be appreciated! We're hoping for good discounts come august/september!!

Officially booked our dates: Feb 23-26! Got a Royal Room :cool1:

Hi! My sister and I are planning our first ever WDW trip. We're from Argentina so its a long way out :) We haven't booked yet (the anxiety will kill me, Im sure) but the plan is between the end of jan. and the beginning of feb. before Mardi Gras - at Pop. Any and all recommendations would be appreciated! We're hoping for good discounts come august/september!!
Wow, sounds like fun! Don't get too anxious, those dates are fine and the package release is rack rate pricing, so no rush for you.
What kind of recommendations are you seeking?

Officially booked our dates: Feb 23-26! Got a Royal Room :cool1:

Wow, sounds like fun! Don't get too anxious, those dates are fine and the package release is rack rate pricing, so no rush for you.
What kind of recommendations are you seeking?

Places to eat, rides - my sister suffers vertigo so we are going to avoid the bigger rollercosters (but the Aerosmith one is probably ok as a reference point, it's indoors so she copes better).

We're hoping for discounts in August or September because it would help a lot and we are planning to get the Disney Plan so we can pre pay the food. Does anyone know if there are generally free dining in Jan/feb? There was an offer for U.K. Residents and we were wondering if they will do something similar for the rest of us?

Officially booked for February 7-13 at Port Orleans French Quarter! I got $99 flights when Southwest released them this morning, so I'm feeling pretty good! Our resort might change once deals for February come out in the fall since I know French Quarter isn't often included, but we will cross our fingers for now. We haven't stayed there before but I love how small it is and I've heard the new splash pad is fabulous!

I tried to talk my husband into going without the dining plan this time, but he talked me back into it. Since our son will be just under 3 and will still be free at buffets/family style I think it does actually work in our favor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts