**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

So just curious. What is everyone's first thing they must do when arriving to Disney?

Mine usually is go to Epcot, even if it is just for a few hours. However this time I will go to MK first in attempts to gain a photopass opportunity with Captain Hook and Smee!

Hit up Disney Springs on arrival, then chill and explore at the hotel

So just curious. What is everyone's first thing they must do when arriving to Disney?

Ours is traditionally Epcot as well, but this trip we will have to go by the Princess Half Expo first. Then Hollywood Studios, but we will finish at Epcot for dinner!

There are special Peter Pan anniversary photo ops at MK in February, but for a very limited time. I think there's Magic Shots with Pan's shadow, Tinkerbelle wings, and I think they have Smee and Hook out for meet and greets.
oh cool. Where can I find out more about this?

I usually head for Epcot first thing, also. But this trip is with my non-Disney loving DH so we will go to Disney Springs for a nice dinner at Raglan Road and chill. Of course, there is always the possibility that I can't stand not going to a park and head out for a few hours.

Booked a last minute trip February 22-28 staying at beach club! Taking our new baby for her first trip (5months) and celebrating our to be four year olds’ birthdays!

Wait! What photo ops? I've obviously missed something.

Yes as said above they are having special photo ops with Peter Pan Characters to celebrate 65 years ago the debut of Peter Pan on 2/5/1953. I found out about it on DisneyParksblog. Runs from 2/4-2/10 in Fantasyland. I don't believe they specifically said where in Fantasy land, but one would think somewhere near the ride?? Anyone know yet?

I usually head for Epcot first thing, also. But this trip is with my non-Disney loving DH so we will go to Disney Springs for a nice dinner at Raglan Road and chill. Of course, there is always the possibility that I can't stand not going to a park and head out for a few hours.

I Love Raglan Road! The food and entertainment are amazing!

We got in yesterday afternoon and went to mk for a few hours last night and Holy cow was it busy! Our only other trip was in May, which was nothing conpared to last night. Touring plans predicted an 8 and says it was. Shows AK was predicted an 8 and was a 10! Hoping the week days are a little lower!

Extra hours have been added at AK on 12,16,20th. So probably FP have been added for FoP.

We will be arriving this Saturday! Super excited and ready to be there. To anyone there now how is it, crowd wise? I'm expecting large crowds but have been surprised at just how busy everyone is reporting it is. I was also surprised when TP decreased CLs a few days ago for our dates. I was expecting it to go up!!! I don't put a lot of stock into the predictions but I still like to look. We definitely go in with a good plan and a good attitude so I know we will have fun regardless. I'm curious to see how this trip compares to our recent Thanksgiving trip.

I got a notification from TP that a bunch of crowd ratings had been lowered over Presidents Day Weekend. Lovely idea, but I'm still going into it expecting the crowds to be insane. That way being wrong will be a wonderful surprise. :thumbsup2

Home again to the cold and ice... ugh! We had 5 nights at Pop and 5 days in the parks - we had mostly pretty good weather - Sunday night was a washout but we were all pretty tired from 4 touring days so we were OK to head back to the hotel after dinner instead of getting soaked! We only had one rather cooler day that I needed my fleece and my sweatshirt - never broke out the gloves - and we even swam a bit! I will say that it was MUCH more crowded than we were expecting! We are used to summer crowds so it didn't ruin our trip by any stretch - but we were not anticipating the high level of crowds at every park we went to (except DHS - it wasn't that bad there) - There were big tour groups but we mostly noticed that at the resort - not in the parks that we had chosen each day - the parks were just insane! Seriously like summer crowds! Those quieter times are getting harder and harder to find at the parks!

There are special Peter Pan anniversary photo ops at MK in February, but for a very limited time. I think there's Magic Shots with Pan's shadow, Tinkerbelle wings, and I think they have Smee and Hook out for meet and greets.

We did this! We met Smee (without Hook at the time we saw him) by the wall that is at the entrance to new Fantasyland (by Enchanted Tales with Belle) - if you're walking past the carousel, it was behind that to the left. We also did the Peter Pan shadow there - This was all on Monday.

Anyway - I'll live through all of your reports... as I stare at the ice and snow on our ground and watch my tiny tan fade back away to the paleness of winter! LOL!

The thing we have to do when we first get there is go to Disney Springs. It's either that, or we eat at O'hana, and I couldn't nab O'hana this year, so it's DS for us :flower1:

I will be eating at Ohana my first night! I have never eaten there before and have heard so much good about it, so looking forward to it, may also try to go to Trader Sam's for a drink prior to my reservation.

Two days to go! The days have been dragging by sooooo slowly as we get closer to our trip.

I've got one fastpass time I'd really like to modify (talking Mickey), but there are no fastpasses in any time slot left. I know with dinner reservations, if you keep checking, you can often find something. Is this the case with fastpasses or are my chances to snag a last minute modification slim to none?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!