Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Oh thank you! I had forgotten about the DHS option! We are early risers and don't mind the early bus. We'll enjoy the early morning walk. =)

Thanks for the heads up. We'll look into it a little further.

I think we'll play it by ear for the evening transportation since we have more flexibility there.
POR isn't all that far from BW. An Uber would be very cheap, and more time efficient. If you decide to take an early DHS bus, be sure to be out at the bus stop early! Those buses don't come as often as the regular buses do. So, if you get there at 7, the next bus might not come along until 7:30, then the drive to DHS, then the walk to BW. The walk is 15-20 mins. So, I would be out at the bus stop no later than 6:45.
For the night transportation, you should be able to get a bus back....it's really the DS bus, but it makes stops at resorts along the way, after a certain hour. I just can't remember what time that is. Again, Uber would be a good solution...fast and cheap.

Again, Uber would be a good solution...fast and cheap.

I wonder though, how reliable Uber would be at 7AM. That may be a silly question. I've never used them before. Last time we had an early breakfast it was in the park and I just drove (we'll have a car), but I can't leave the car for the day in Boardwalk parking and we're planning to visit Epcot after breakfast. Plus, I like not driving at Disney...it took me forever to figure out how to get to SSR to DHS, I almost missed our reservation after leaving tons early just in case I got lost. :rolleyes2 Driving at Disney is stressful for me! :o

I wonder though, how reliable Uber would be at 7AM. That may be a silly question. I've never used them before. Last time we had an early breakfast it was in the park and I just drove (we'll have a car), but I can't leave the car for the day in Boardwalk parking and we're planning to visit Epcot after breakfast. Plus, I like not driving at Disney...it took me forever to figure out how to get to SSR to DHS, I almost missed our reservation after leaving tons early just in case I got lost. :rolleyes2 Driving at Disney is stressful for me! :o
If you have a car, I would be very tempted to just drive it to DHS, and leave it there. Then walk over to BW for breakfast, then the day in Epcot, then back to BW, walk back to HS to get your car later. Or just pay to valet park your car for the day at BW! If you're going to take a cab or Uber, it would be about the same amount, and easier, with less stress.

If you have a car, I would be very tempted to just drive it to DHS, and leave it there. Then walk over to BW for breakfast, then the day in Epcot, then back to BW, walk back to HS to get your car later. Or just pay to valet park your car for the day at BW! If you're going to take a cab or Uber, it would be about the same amount, and easier, with less stress.

hhhmmm, I hadn't considered that. That's a really good idea....though, it gives me flashbacks of driving in circles on our last trip! :rolleyes2

The lighting on the walkway from BW to DHS is safe for two females on their own late at night?

Last edited:

We Ubered, although it was later. They had no onsite parking unless you were staying onsite, due to high occupancy levels (this was Monday this week).

hhhmmm, I hadn't considered that. That's a really good idea....though, it gives me flashbacks of driving in circles on our last trip! :rolleyes2

The lighting on the walkway from BW to DHS is safe for two females on their own late at night?
Absolutely! I do it all the time. I did it once, by myself, at 1:30am!!

What is the best way to get to the Yacht & Beach Club Resort from Fort Wilderness? We are looking into making dining reservations for the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop.

What is the best way to get to the Yacht & Beach Club Resort from Fort Wilderness? We are looking into making dining reservations for the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop.
From the Outpost, bus to DHS, then boat to YC/BC; or
From the Settlement, boat to MK, then bus to BC.

We have an upcoming reservation for horseback riding at the Tri-Circle-D Ranch at Fort Wilderness campgrounds. We will be leaving from AKL taking the bus to MK and boat to the campgrounds. Once we get there, how far is the ranch from the boat dock? I know the campgrounds are huge, and was not sure if we need to board another bus or quick walk to the ranch.
Thank you.

We have an upcoming reservation for horseback riding at the Tri-Circle-D Ranch at Fort Wilderness campgrounds. We will be leaving from AKL taking the bus to MK and boat to the campgrounds. Once we get there, how far is the ranch from the boat dock? I know the campgrounds are huge, and was not sure if we need to board another bus or quick walk to the ranch.
Thank you.

Check out Robo's maps in post #5 of this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-maps-by-robo.3545729/#post-56460962

Thank you.
The riding stables are located at the Outpost, which is where the buses from the other parks come in. It's at the opposite end of the campground from the Settlement, where the boat dock is located. You'll need to take one of the internal shuttle buses for the entire route. It should take about 20 minutes, including wait time.

Unless you're keen on taking the boat, you might consider transferring at a park other than MK, such as AK or Epcot, and the bus will drop you off right at the stables. The horses won't wait for you, so allow 75 minutes travel time, or 90 to be safe. Uber & Lyft also drop off near the riding stables, if you want to cut your travel time.

FYI, there are 2 stables at FtW; both are called Tri-Circle D. The riding stables are at the Outpost, as I said. The other stables are at the Settlement, housing the draft horses. A portion of the stables at the Settlement is open for visiting during daylight hours, if you'd just like to look at the horses. No touching allowed.

Last edited:
For late breakfast at Ohana (10:35a) from Art of Animation, is our best bet the bus to AK and then bus to Poly? It is our resort day, so will likely ride the monorail after...

Going to Magic Kingdom in morning. Then heading to Wilderness Lodge for lunch. We have a scooter in our party. Do the boats take scooters from MK to WL?

Also, after lunch, heading back to Poly since it's where we're staying. Is there a boat which takes scooter straight from WL to Poly or do we go back to MK launch for ferry? TIA

Going to Magic Kingdom in morning. Then heading to Wilderness Lodge for lunch. We have a scooter in our party. Do the boats take scooters from MK to WL?
Yes, that route usually has Cruisers, which can take 2 scooters.
Also, after lunch, heading back to Poly since it's where we're staying. Is there a boat which takes scooter straight from WL to Poly or do we go back to MK launch for ferry? TIA
No, you will need to go back to MK. (The boats from WL to CR are Launches, which do not take scooters.)

Newbie Disney planner here! This will be my first trip so I am trying to get as memories in as I can. We really want to eat at Yachtsman Steakhouse but the only day it is fitting in with our other reservations is the day we arrive and the day we do Hollywood Studios. Is it at all possible to have a 6:50 dinner reservation, eat, and travel back to HS in time for Fantasmic? The other option would be our arrival day which we planned to be our Disney Springs day. The times were all between 7-8. How much travel time would that take? I want to be able to spend as much time at DS as I can since it will be the only day we go there. How much time is needed there? How late are the shops open? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter