Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Hello! Not sure if I'm in the right spot but I have a question about transportation around the resort. I am planning to ask most of my questions at the hotel when we arrive, but the first day we are in we are going to Hoop Dee Doo Revue from Port Orleans Riverside. Any recommendations on the best way to go and an approximate (I know it isn't a sure thing) time it will take would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I'll leave the hoop dee Doo question to those with more experience. But I can tell you this: never, ever ask a non-transportation CM about transportation. If you have any transportation questions, go ahead and ask them here if you can, but definitely do not ask at the hotel. Disney does an extremely poor job of training their CMs about anything that does not directly relate to their duties.

Last edited:
Hello! Not sure if I'm in the right spot but I have a question about transportation around the resort. I am planning to ask most of my questions at the hotel when we arrive, but the first day we are in we are going to Hoop Dee Doo Revue from Port Orleans Riverside. Any recommendations on the best way to go and an approximate (I know it isn't a sure thing) time it will take would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I’d take the bus to Magic Kingdom and then take the boat to Fort Wilderness.

Thinking of heading to Disney Springs for a night - we are staying at the Beach Club. The only other time we used Disney transportation to Disney Springs was when we were staying at POR and we took the boat, so I have never taken the buses to/from Disney Springs. I'm wondering how busy/congested the bus area is there and does anyone know how many stops that route takes? Any help would be appreciated!

Thinking of heading to Disney Springs for a night - we are staying at the Beach Club. The only other time we used Disney transportation to Disney Springs was when we were staying at POR and we took the boat, so I have never taken the buses to/from Disney Springs. I'm wondering how busy/congested the bus area is there and does anyone know how many stops that route takes? Any help would be appreciated!
The DS bus pick up area at BC will be well marked. It shouldn't be all that congested. Once you are on the bus to DS it should go directly to DS.
Your pick up stop at DS will also be clearly marked. Not difficult to manage.

The DS bus pick up area at BC will be well marked. It shouldn't be all that congested. Once you are on the bus to DS it should go directly to DS.
Your pick up stop at DS will also be clearly marked. Not difficult to manage.

Perfect - thanks. Any idea on the time of the trip? Trying to plan what time I should leave to make a reservation. I know that the time waiting at the bus pick up will vary depending on when the next bus will come, but I was more wondering about the approx drive time from the BC to DS?

We are staying at All Star Movies. For our Hollywood Studios day, we have dinner reservations at Cape May Café. Should we take a bus from HS to Beach Club? And then what would be the best route back to AS Movies?

Perfect - thanks. Any idea on the time of the trip? Trying to plan what time I should leave to make a reservation. I know that the time waiting at the bus pick up will vary depending on when the next bus will come, but I was more wondering about the approx drive time from the BC to DS?
It takes about 15 mins to drive it. When taking the buses, plan on an hour, perhaps a bit more. That takes wait times into account.

We are staying at All Star Movies. For our Hollywood Studios day, we have dinner reservations at Cape May Café. Should we take a bus from HS to Beach Club? And then what would be the best route back to AS Movies?
There are no buses between DHS and BC. You can walk (about 20 mins) or boat (20 mins).
If you are returning to Movies after Cape May, I would return to DHS and take the bus. It just Uber from BC.

Hello All

Trying to get to Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary from All Stars movies. 7:15am ADR. What is the easiest and fastest way to get there?

Hello All

Trying to get to Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary from All Stars movies. 7:15am ADR. What is the easiest and fastest way to get there?
Really the only no-cost option would be a bus to MK. From MK, you can walk about half a mile to CR, or you can take the Resort Monorail one stop, if it's opened early.

If MK is opening at 9 on that day, getting a bus that early could be iffy. If it's an early opening, at 7 or 8, you should be at the bus stop by 6:15 at the latest. The monorail opening time varies, but it's most often at 7 a.m.; unless it's opening earlier, I think walking would be preferable.

The only other (paid) options would be taxi, Uber, or Lyft directly to CR. If there are children age 5 or younger in your group, they must be in car seats (0-3) or boosters (4-5). You can request an Uber with 1 car seat that will accommodate most children 1-5. Lyft does not offer car seats. Most taxis at WDW have 1 car seat. For children age 4-5, you can buy your own inflatable booster (Bubble Bum) and carry it with you; the collapsed Bubble Bum will fit in a theme park locker or in most stroller bags.

If you go for the bus and you're not on board by 6:30, I would be prepared to fall back to one of the paid options, or expect to be a little late for the ADR. Disney usually gives dining Guests a little leeway when they have transportation problems; a call to say you're on the way would be a good idea.

Last edited:
Really the only no-cost option would be a bus to MK. From MK, you can walk about half a mile to CR, or you can take the Resort Monorail one stop, if it's opened early.

If MK is opening at 9 on that day, getting a bus that early could be iffy. If it's an early opening, at 7 or 8, you should be at the bus stop by 6:15 at the latest. The monorail opening time varies, but it's most often at 7 a.m.; unless it's opening earlier, I think walking would be preferable.

The only other (paid) options would be taxi, Uber, or Lyft directly to CR. If there are children age 5 or younger in your group, they must be in car seats (0-3) or boosters (4-5). You can request an Uber with 1 car seat that will accommodate most children 1-5. Lyft does not offer car seats. Most taxis at WDW have 1 car seat. For children age 4-5, you can buy your own inflatable booster (Bubble Bum) and carry it with you; the collapsed Bubble Bum will fit in a theme park locker or in most stroller bags.

If you go for the bus and you're not on board by 6:30, I would be prepared to fall back to one of the paid options, or expect to be a little late for the ADR. Disney usually gives dining Guests a little leeway when they have transportation problems; a call to say you're on the way would be a good idea.
About how much would LYFT/UBER cost?
And how long is the ride?

About how much would LYFT/UBER cost?
And how long is the ride?
Uber for 4 riders with no car seat, probably around $11 + tip.

Drive time is usually around 15 minutes. You might have to wait 5-10 minutes for the car. At the All Stars, Uber & Lyft can pick up at the parking lot nearest your room.

Uber for 4 riders with no car seat, probably around $11 + tip.

Drive time is usually around 15 minutes. You might have to wait 5-10 minutes for the car. At the All Stars, Uber & Lyft can pick up at the parking lot nearest your room.
Thavk you

Thanks for the warning about asking hotel cast members about transportation!

I'll leave the hoop dee Doo question to those with more experience. But I can tell you this: never, ever ask a non-transportation CM about transportation. If you have any transportation questions, go ahead and ask them here if you can, but definitely do not ask at the hotel. Disney does an extremely poor job of training their CMs about anything that does not directly relate to their duties.

I have one more question then. We will have a 9:20 breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey’s. So going from Port Orleans Riverside to the Contemporary, how long *should* it take us and what is the best way if we want to arrive via monorail. (Please tell me if that is not recommended)
Thanks!!

I have one more question then. We will have a 9:20 breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey’s. So going from Port Orleans Riverside to the Contemporary, how long *should* it take us and what is the best way if we want to arrive via monorail. (Please tell me if that is not recommended)
Thanks!!
Take the bus to MK. I would walk to the contemporary, but you can take the monorail if you really want to. I think you'll have to go through security if you go to the monorail station, but I can't remember for sure. I would be at the bus stop around 8:20 (a little before 8:00 if you want to take the monorail.)

Take the bus to MK. I would walk to the contemporary, but you can take the monorail if you really want to. I think you'll have to go through security if you go to the monorail station, but I can't remember for sure. I would be at the bus stop around 8:20 (a little before 8:00 if you want to take the monorail.)
I believe you will have to go through bag check if you take the bus as well! The only way to get into the MK area, from the buses, and boats is to go through bag check. Then you can continue on with the walk to the CR.

Howdy folks! Not sure if this is a strange question or what but here we go...

We were planning on driving to Epcot and will be there most of the day. We *may* take the boat over to HS for the Star Wars fireworks then boat back to Abracadabar and then Dinner at 9:25 at Yachtsman. If not, we'll stay all day at Epcot and then just boat to drinks and dinner. My question is, if we drive, how do we get our car from the Epcot parking lot? Can we walk? Is that even worth it or possible? We can't go back through the park since it would be closed by then.

I'm not much of a bus person but it may be better to take a bus that morning but then what about coming back? I assume it will be around midnight and we are staying at All Star Movies. How do we get back to our resort? Will we have to Uber? I hate to pay for a ride when we have a car at our disposal.

Is there a lot where we can park somewhere in the middle in the morning that we would have easy access to when we leave? (and I'd be the DD so I'd be safe to drive after being out).

As many times as I've gone to DW, I'm still a newbie when it comes to staying on site and knowing the best way to get from A to B. Thanks for any and all help guys!

Howdy folks! Not sure if this is a strange question or what but here we go...

We were planning on driving to Epcot and will be there most of the day. We *may* take the boat over to HS for the Star Wars fireworks then boat back to Abracadabar and then Dinner at 9:25 at Yachtsman. If not, we'll stay all day at Epcot and then just boat to drinks and dinner. My question is, if we drive, how do we get our car from the Epcot parking lot? Can we walk? Is that even worth it or possible? We can't go back through the park since it would be closed by then.

I'm not much of a bus person but it may be better to take a bus that morning but then what about coming back? I assume it will be around midnight and we are staying at All Star Movies. How do we get back to our resort? Will we have to Uber? I hate to pay for a ride when we have a car at our disposal.

Is there a lot where we can park somewhere in the middle in the morning that we would have easy access to when we leave? (and I'd be the DD so I'd be safe to drive after being out).

As many times as I've gone to DW, I'm still a newbie when it comes to staying on site and knowing the best way to get from A to B. Thanks for any and all help guys!
  • If you drive & park at Epcot, you'd need to take Uber, Lyft, or a taxi back to the Epcot lot at night (the parking lot is accessible all night.)
  • If you park at DHS and take the boat or bus to Epcot, you could walk back to your car at night. Boats start running 1 hour before the later of the 2 park openings. There is a lighted walking path along from BW to DHS.
  • If you take the bus, you'd have to transfer at Disney Springs at night, unless some park is still open when you're ready to go back.
  • You could drive your car from Epcot to DHS, boat to the restaurants, and then walk to the car.
  • You can park at Epcot, take the boat to DHS, take the bus from DHS to the front of Epcot, then drive and park at the Yacht Club for drinks & dinner. The bus will run until all Guests have left DHS.
  • I believe you can pay to valet park at one of the resorts and leave it there all day. Then boat or walk to all destinations.

Last edited:
I have a few quick WL transport questions and double checks:

1. The only way to get to MK (that makes sense) is the boat, correct? I know it's about a 15 minute boat ride, but how far in advance should we leave to make rope drop?
2. What are the approx bus times to each of the other parks? Same rope drop question...how far in advance should we leave to hit RD for each of them?

In all my trips, i've never made it to RD and i'm determined to do it this trip :) That, combined with higher crowd numbers than originally anticipated (TP updated last night), we want to make RD for each park at least once.

ETA: We'll be in the world the last week of August.

I have a few quick WL transport questions and double checks:

1. The only way to get to MK (that makes sense) is the boat, correct? I know it's about a 15 minute boat ride, but how far in advance should we leave to make rope drop?
2. What are the approx bus times to each of the other parks? Same rope drop question...how far in advance should we leave to hit RD for each of them?

In all my trips, i've never made it to RD and i'm determined to do it this trip :) That, combined with higher crowd numbers than originally anticipated (TP updated last night), we want to make RD for each park at least once.

ETA: We'll be in the world the last week of August.
I think the direct boat from WL to MK only starts 30 minutes before park opening, which would make it a close call for RD.

There is also a boat from WL to CR. I believe that boat starts around 7am. You could get an early boat to CR, and walk to MK.

There is also bus service from WL to MK. Most buses start running between 6:30 & 7; I don't know whether the bus from WL to MK starts that early.

There should be a sign on the WL boat dock saying what time each boat starts in the morning. For the start time of the bus, your best info would be to ask a MK bus driver. Transportation info given out by resort cm's is not always accurate.

Gotcha, thanks! I didn't even think about a bus to MK. The boat to CR and the short walk makes sense.

That's odd the resort CM's don't know...you would think they would know as much or almost as much as the bus drivers, since they're the ones most of us would go to.

I have a feeling i'll have a whole page of notes just on transportation before we leave lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter