****Official January 2021 thread****

My first change had a layover I looked online and found a flight that did not and it was only $12 more. Make sure you look and dont take thier word for it. We were at WDW in March when it shut down. The hotels stayed open and we had a really nice time.... and we got a really really good discount for coming back.

Although I'd LOVE to fly direct, with no layover/plane changes, I've learned in my 28 years of living here that all planes only go to Houston, unless I was willing to drive 250+ miles to an airport that flies direct Hate it, but that's part of the "joy" of living at the end of the world

Called Delta this morning and explained that my flight got moved up earlier and I wanted a later flight out. They were able to book us on a noon departure at no additional cost, so that means we'll be able to keep the Topolino breakfast reservation I had planned as a last hurrah for the trip.
And.... the next day, Delta changed us again. This time to 10am. Think I may wait until closer to departure day and see what happens. I’m going to rent a car so not dependent on mde getting us to the airport, so might just end up at mco an hour before the flight 😂. Hopefully a Wednesday in the middle of January isn’t too crowded, lol.

And.... the next day, Delta changed us again. This time to 10am. Think I may wait until closer to departure day and see what happens. I’m going to rent a car so not dependent on mde getting us to the airport, so might just end up at mco an hour before the flight 😂. Hopefully a Wednesday in the middle of January isn’t too crowded, lol.
Flights are one of the hardest things these days! Because everything from hotels to cars depends on where you end up. Sounds like you're taking it in stride :). I think these days that's how it's got to go, lol. I about drove myself crazy in August!

We were on Frontier initially, about 6 weeks out, they canceled us outright with no other options until 3 months into the future. So we jumped to JetBlue and I scored $29 flights! However, after 3-4 moves by more than 24 hours each by JB, the last one occurring at 8 days out, our trip had shifted by 3 days on either end (of course struggling to keep our 3-night WL to Poly to CR price protection played a role too 😅).

Eventually, we made it and had a great time!

We're on JB again for January, I booked Saturday to Saturday and fully expecting it's gonna bet bumped around. I figure we can move to Friday night or Sunday if necessary on the first weekend and Sun or Mon on the other end of the trip (DD is off school on Monday). Worse case, we have to add another day or two at WDW :D

I flew home on a Wednesday mid-day a few weeks ago. MDE was pretty empty and the airport too until I got to the gate because I was flying United and they book to capacity with waitlists.

I hope yours stays mostly intact! I hear Delta is pretty good otherwise these days flying. We don't have direct flights to FL from here else I'd give them a try. DS's girlfriend loves flying them.

My ADR day is tomorrow! How has it been going for everyone? I’ve been checking availability for the week before we go and basically everywhere we want shows up except Yak & Yeti, which I’m putting towards the end of our trip anyway.

This is our first time NOT doing the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we’re really cutting down on Signature dining and trying mostly new places.

My ADR day is tomorrow! How has it been going for everyone? I’ve been checking availability for the week before we go and basically everywhere we want shows up except Yak & Yeti, which I’m putting towards the end of our trip anyway.

This is our first time NOT doing the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we’re really cutting down on Signature dining and trying mostly new places.
I've been wondering how the ADR's are going. I was originally supposed to make ours this past monday before we had to postpone our trip.

I got everything I needed for our "January trip we are probably going to cancel but I'm in denial so I keep planning" trip. I did have to book everything on the website because the app kept freezing.

As a joke I said LITERALLY YESTERDAY that I paid off my trip and probably Jinxed myself...we’ll My flights just changed. Went from a Monday at 6:40am to 7:50pm and Friday from 7:40pm to SATURDAY at 4:20pm....they changed my day!!!! I’m having a panic attack.

Oh yikes, @evlaina , that's terrible! Is there any way you can at least get them moved closer to what they were before? I think the airline has to at least give you a chance.
Well we fly Spirit out of a very small local airport and they only have 1 flight to MCO each day. We have never had a problem with Spirit and fly at least twice a year for 10 years out of that airport. I’m so confused why the changed the day, because there’s still an available flight on Friday. I called my husband (who works out of town) and after a discussion...and he crying a little too dramatically probably lol...he said to add 2 nights to our stay and arrange the flights that way because he needs a vacation! Not what I expected him to say. I’ll call WDW and figure it out tomorrow. I don’t really feel like spending more money but we want a nice trip and not be rushed.

That makes even less sense, especially on Spirit's part. Did they overbook the flight and already bumped you? I dunno.

I do hope you can make the best of this! 🤗

So sorry @evlaina . So frustrating.
This is happening with many airlines these days as they try to consolidate fewer passengers onto fewer flights to save money I think. We were moved 4 times over the summer with JetBlue. They went from 4 direct flights daily from DC to MCO to about 3 direct flights a week! (I wonder if Spirit is in the process of canceling your Friday flight and also flying fewer ones?)

Also, in case the new times don't work out and another airline has flights that work for your trip, I think there is a standard thing where if an airline's change is more than 2 hours (or adds a layover) you are entitled to a refund and NOT just a credit (airlines will absolutely push the credit - I have Spirit credits from April I didn't know I could have probably gotten a refund when they moved me from a 5 p.m. to a 5 a.m in Minneapolis).

We've dealt with United, Frontier, and JetBlue this year and I believe all three had that refund option IIRC. Just wanted to mention it in case it helps :)

So sorry @evlaina . So frustrating.
This is happening with many airlines these days as they try to consolidate fewer passengers onto fewer flights to save money I think. We were moved 4 times over the summer with JetBlue. They went from 4 direct flights daily from DC to MCO to about 3 direct flights a week! (I wonder if Spirit is in the process of canceling your Friday flight and also flying fewer ones?)

Also, in case the new times don't work out and another airline has flights that work for your trip, I think there is a standard thing where if an airline's change is more than 2 hours (or adds a layover) you are entitled to a refund and NOT just a credit (airlines will absolutely push the credit - I have Spirit credits from April I didn't know I could have probably gotten a refund when they moved me from a 5 p.m. to a 5 a.m in Minneapolis).

We've dealt with United, Frontier, and JetBlue this year and I believe all three had that refund option IIRC. Just wanted to mention it in case it helps :)
I’ve read about the amount of hours moved too, I’ll have to find the rules. Im concerned about more changes for sure. Thanks!

Update (I know you're all waiting on bated breath lol!!) - added a date to the beginning and end of our trip. Didn't want to spend the extra money but I Disney-mathed it and told myself that by getting to keep the 35% discount I got on the room I'd be crazy not to add it. And now I have 5 full days at the parks instead of 3 full days plus 2 half days. And my flight was $88 less. WINNING :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter