***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

Definitely call. I think you can get bands sent to your resort if you don't get them in time.

I would call them ASAP. Something is wrong if they haven't shipped yet.

Definitely call. I think you can get bands sent to your resort if you don't get them in time.

Yes, 11 days or longer, and they'll ship. Between 10 and six, your customized bands will be at your resort when you check in. At five days or closer, you'll get default bands (gray) at the resort.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/customizing-period/

I called. Super helpful cast member explained that there was something strange about it because my husband wanted the grey band so it didn't think I had customized his band. Everything is all set and the bands will be at our resort when we check in. No worries as we're not going to use DME to get to the resort since we're starting off with a beach trip and renting a car for that part of the trip. Thanks everyone. Sometimes you don't know if you're being neurotic!

I called. Super helpful cast member explained that there was something strange about it because my husband wanted the grey band so it didn't think I had customized his band. Everything is all set and the bands will be at our resort when we check in. No worries as we're not going to use DME to get to the resort since we're starting off with a beach trip and renting a car for that part of the trip. Thanks everyone. Sometimes you don't know if you're being neurotic!
My husband ordered a grey band but we didn't have any trouble getting the shipment. I had changed the name on the band, so at least it knew I had customized it. :)

We leave in 2 days!!! Today is my last student day - and then a teacher day tomorrow (which is mostly a retirement breakfast) - and then 5:44am Saturday morning we take off! So excited! Now... if only I could order some packing fairies to come and get that done! LOL! Really, if DH would just organize his stuff, I could actually get everything into suitcases! I have a feeling he'll provide his things tomorrow afternoon -

Today's to-do - Finish cleaning the house! Laundry (again) - I seem to do it daily as we get ready to leave...

2 weeks "home" starts with BC on Saturday and then moving to Poly on the 30th... WOOHOO!

My husband ordered a grey band but we didn't have any trouble getting the shipment. I had changed the name on the band, so at least it knew I had customized it. :)
I think that was the problem, I never went into that particular band. I just left it at the default thinking that was OK. But you need to go in to each band in order for the app/site to know that you have customized it.

Joining in!! Staying 7/20-25 at the Beach Club! This is a girls trip with my best friend! She thinks we're staying at POR, but as a thank you for being there for me through some rough times the past few years, I upgraded us to the Beach Club as a surprise! I changed our reservation back in April and it's been the hardest secret to keep. I want to wait until we arrive at the airport so I can tell her in person (we live in different cities and will be meeting at MCO), but another part of me thinks that it'd be fun to look forward to together. Ahhh what to do, what to do!

Joining in!! Staying 7/20-25 at the Beach Club! This is a girls trip with my best friend! She thinks we're staying at POR, but as a thank you for being there for me through some rough times the past few years, I upgraded us to the Beach Club as a surprise! I changed our reservation back in April and it's been the hardest secret to keep. I want to wait until we arrive at the airport so I can tell her in person (we live in different cities and will be meeting at MCO), but another part of me thinks that it'd be fun to look forward to together. Ahhh what to do, what to do!

What an awesome surprise!!! We will wave to you from the Boardwalk :)

24 days!

I love the view of the fireworks from GF. I think it is much better than the view from the CR. :)
Ya know we've seen the fireworks from both restaurants many times but the views are very different. We've never seen 4th fireworks from narcoossees just CG. I think I'll just keep it and not bother looking.

Ya know we've seen the fireworks from both restaurants many times but the views are very different. We've never seen 4th fireworks from narcoossees just CG. I think I'll just keep it and not bother looking.
If I was confident that we could get a taxi back to our resort right after fireworks, then I'd be tempted to watch the July 3rd fireworks from my favorite spot right outside Narcoossee's. :)

Magic band decals came today! Now just waiting on the actual magic bands lol.

My son says he doesn't like the new style of bands but I'm keeping an open mind. He wanted to bring the old style from our November trip. Never used a previous band but from what I read it sounds like it works the same since they are all linked to our one MDE account.
Yes, I'm bringing mine from two years ago, and it should work but...they say it won't work with anything that needs a battery, like the photo's on the rides. I don't quite get that exactly, so someone else may want to list the exceptions. But it will work for entry and rides.

To much time left to plan. Thinking about cancelling Tepan Edo and changing it to La Hacienda de San Angel. Any idea's?
We love San Angel for the atmosphere, it's one of the nicest, I think. The food is good but not fantastic but well worth the experience.

Did everyone get the FP+ they wanted for Pandora? I'm at 30 days and couldn't get FOP but did get NRJ and ROL. Folks are saying they couldn't get FOP at 60 days. How all did you do?

Did everyone get the FP+ they wanted for Pandora? I'm at 30 days and couldn't get FOP but did get NRJ and ROL. Folks are saying they couldn't get FOP at 60 days. How all did you do?
I was able to get FOP and ROL at 60 days. My weird thing was I had trouble getting Dinosaur! I eventually got it at the time I wanted.

Yes, I'm bringing mine from two years ago, and it should work but...they say it won't work with anything that needs a battery, like the photo's on the rides. I don't quite get that exactly, so someone else may want to list the exceptions. But it will work for entry and rides.
We found last year even that the long range RFID functionality did not work on the MagicBands from the year before. My husband wanted to use his MB from 2015 during our 2016 trip and his name didn't show up on IASW. Pictures were never a problem because he was always with the rest of us who used our new MBs.

I have my hard ticket and will wear my MB from 2 years ago...so it's supposed to work. So interesting that your husbands didn't work. We shall see.

I have my hard ticket and will wear my MB from 2 years ago...so it's supposed to work. So interesting that your husbands didn't work. We shall see.
Sorry I was not more clear. His MagicBand worked to get into the park and to use FPPs but it did not work in acknowledging him on those Magical Effects that the MagicBands enable (i.e. Saying goodbye to you at the end of IASW, special posters at RNR).

Sorry I was not more clear. His MagicBand worked to get into the park and to use FPPs but it did not work in acknowledging him on those Magical Effects that the MagicBands enable (i.e. Saying goodbye to you at the end of IASW, special posters at RNR).
My DH's old MB showed his name on a poster at RNR this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!