Official July 2018 Thread!

FoP just added evening fastpasses for our week in July in conjunction with the new hours. We were able to snag a nighttime 9:30p for July 2nd. We will have 3 rides with passes this trip!
Mike
July 2-8th before our cruise

Awesome! Pandora at night is so cool. Are you taking a Disney Cruise?

Looks like we will be at MK on the 8th and Epcot on the 11th with you!!! We also have BOG ADRs, 7Dwarfs, and Big Thunder FPs! So glad everything worked out with your internet situation!

Yay!!! If you see us, wave!

You did really good! So glad you figured out away around the internet being down. Talk about a stresser!

Thanks! I kind of panic booked lol. I went back in yesterday when I brought my laptop to work and swapped a few things out/made better times for some things.

I actually had to do all my fastpasses through the mobile site as well. I was refreshing the website at 6am CST over and over and it still kept on telling me that my 60 day window hadn't opened, so at 6:10 I checked the app just in case and I was able to book them. Even today I can't get into the fastpass window on the website.

Oh man, that's stressful! I'm glad it worked out via mobile though!

Hi everyone,

We will be in Disney from July 28-August 4 and then cruising on the Fantasy afterwards. We went in July back in 2014 and I said I would not go during that month again because it was sooo hot. But here we are going in July again! We are staying at AKL Kidani for the first time. The kids think we are staying at Beach Club so they will be suprised about AKL. Getting a FP for FOP is my number one priority. Once I do that then I feel I can breathe and maybe switch things around for dining if I need to.

Call us crazy but we just booked our vacation for July early this week. Staying July 7-14, right now at AS sports but looking to possibly change. Just Me, DH and DS (16). We tend to go all day long and some of our best memories from 2011 trip was staying at the parks until late.

Call us crazy but we just booked our vacation for July early this week. Staying July 7-14, right now at AS sports but looking to possibly change. Just Me, DH and DS (16). We tend to go all day long and some of our best memories from 2011 trip was staying at the parks until late.
You're not crazy. I have a resort, dining, and FP+ booked with no flights haha. The price are just outrageous fro what I normally pay (and paid last July) and I see so many seats open. Playing the waiting game...

I just booked a Rose and Crown 7:50 ADR for 7/4 for the fireworks. I already have a Via Napoli for 6pm which is a family favorite. I'm not sure if my picky eaters will like R&C. I'm not sure what to keep. Anyone done Epcot on the 4th and know how crazy it is for the fireworks?

I just booked a Rose and Crown 7:50 ADR for 7/4 for the fireworks. I already have a Via Napoli for 6pm which is a family favorite. I'm not sure if my picky eaters will like R&C. I'm not sure what to keep. Anyone done Epcot on the 4th and know how crazy it is for the fireworks?
I haven’t been there for the 4th, but I was there for NYE. I wouldn’t worry about trying to find a spot for fireworks, there are plenty of places to see them and have a good view.

I haven’t been there for the 4th, but I was there for NYE. I wouldn’t worry about trying to find a spot for fireworks, there are plenty of places to see them and have a good view.

Thank you. You're speaking to my rational side. My crazy Disney side was looking at dessert parties, fireworks cruises, and finally booked Rose & Crown. I think I'll go with my rational side and cancel the R&C because I don't think the menu appeals to the rest of my family. Plus Via Napoli is one of my husband's favorites (2nd to Casey's, he's obsessed with Casey's). If anyone needs a 4 person Rose & Crown for July 4th let me know. I'd be happy to coordinate before I drop.

Hi all -

I am about 99% sure I'm going to take the plunge and book a July, 2018 trip this evening. I got a unique offer code that just sucked me and all of a sudden I'm planning another vacation within six months of getting home from the last one. Our planned arrival day is July 4th and we always like the first day to be at Disney Springs. Since we drive and there is always the chance of traffic issues, I don't like to use a park day on arrival day. Does anyone know if there will be firework watching opportunities at Disney Springs? We will be staying at AS Music.

Hi- just found this thread hope ya’ll don’t mind if I jump in.

Staying at Poly Jul 4-7 after our cruise- it’s my birthday while there and didn’t want to rush back home. We are NOT going to the parks (you read right... holding firm... when the 60 days hit I made the ‘speak now or forever hold your peace’ speech to DH and we are on the same page. DH likes Disney but I think to the hilt crowds and heat is pushing it for him and I have my sights on a trip next spring so would rather do that than force parks, esp since we are coming off DCL everyone will hopefully have their Mickey fix!!). May still consider water parks but assume just as busy as parks?

Plan is to fill in the days with other things- chill at the pool, the ‘fireworks cruise’ on the 5th, will hit Boma & Ohana. We have also never had Dole Whips (none of us!!), so that is on the list! Really want to make this relaxing time and will go to Disney Springs and City Walk, too. I have several reservations for the 4th but thinking of doing KSC instead and checking into Poly by 5. Still mulling it over. Last Disney trip was 2015 so if there are new Disney Springs things and such we need to check out please lmk!

Howdy! New to this thread and new to July at WDW. We are a party of 3 staying 7/18-7/22 at the Polynesian. Just a quick trip while our son is on summer break and between other summer travel :)

Like everyone we are a little afraid of what we will be getting with the heat and TSL crowds but cest la vie. We are making sure to have ADRs for lunch everyday to get out of the heat and packing our cooling towel and mister fans. FPs in 4 days and planning will be just about done, yay! :smickey:

Got FP for part 1 of our trip. It was by far the most frustrating FP selection I've had to date. The site kept crashing online and the app wouldn't even open for me. Several days said all FP distribution was gone for all parks (had to refresh to get those to load). Eventually I scored SDD, AS2, and the coveted FoP (been on this half a dozen times and never with FP so pretty excited). Might move some ADRs around if possible but otherwise happy that's done.

You'll be there at the same time as I will be!! :) Wave if you see us!

I think (emphasis on think) I added everyone's dates to the front page. If you don't see yours let me know! Sometimes I miss people as I'm scrolling!

Also, to add to this morning's exercise in frustration, I spent an hour on the phone waiting to schedule magical express that I already scheduled. :furious: All I needed to schedule was DCL transfers, and that only took like 5 of those 58 minutes. Is it too early for a Dole Whip with rum?

Fast Passes did not go how I had hoped for me this morning. There were none for FOP or slinky dog. 7dmt were also all gone (luckily we are doing EMM). EE was only available in the late afternoon. I'm thinking that its going to be extra busy the couple of days we are there.

Fast Passes did not go how I had hoped for me this morning. There were none for FOP or slinky dog. 7dmt were also all gone (luckily we are doing EMM). EE was only available in the late afternoon. I'm thinking that its going to be extra busy the couple of days we are there.
That is a bummer. When is your trip? I wonder if these issues could be from opening the 60 FP booking window to the non-Disney resorts in the Disney Springs area this year?

That stinks. If you can, I would keep checking for FOP and SDD. Hopefully they release more or someone drops some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!