Official July 2018 Thread!

Fast Passes did not go how I had hoped for me this morning. There were none for FOP or slinky dog. 7dmt were also all gone (luckily we are doing EMM). EE was only available in the late afternoon. I'm thinking that its going to be extra busy the couple of days we are there.
I felt the same yesterday when I did mine. Keep checking with FoP. They are notorious for releasing more FP for that at a later time.

Fast Passes did not go how I had hoped for me this morning. There were none for FOP or slinky dog. 7dmt were also all gone (luckily we are doing EMM). EE was only available in the late afternoon. I'm thinking that its going to be extra busy the couple of days we are there.

I had the same experience yesterday. There was NO Flight of Passage, I saw ONE for Slinky Dog and it was a very late night spot on the day we were leaving. There were some Alien Swirling Saucers, but being my DS5 has never been to Disney, I just took the TSMM as I think he would overall prefer that ride. I did get one SDMT for the night before we leave....I'm hoping Disney does release some more FP, as it seems this is going to be a REALLY busy week to go.

You're not the only one! I've been reading all these posts from people who got everything they wanted and wondering "How'd they do that?!" I did mine Wednesday and there were absolutely no SDMT or FOP. I got Navi but we are split into 2 people and 2 people at 2 different times and it's later in the day than I wanted. I am definitely going to keep checking to see if I can move some things around.

Are things bad because of the lack of availabilty, or because MDE is borked lately? Or both? Anyone have better luck on mobile vs. laptop?

Last edited:
Are things bad becaus of lack of availabilty or because MDE is borked lately? Or both? Anyone have better luck on mobile vs. laptop?
I used both the actual site and the app. I toggled between my laptop, iPad, and phone. Yesterday morning both site and app were crashing on all 3 of my devices. Yes I logged out and in. I even cleared my chache on my phone and iPad before I began. I got what I wanted eventually, including SDD, 7dmt, and FoP. But it took a while. And both app and site kept randomly telling me all FP distribution was gone in all 4 parks each time I tried a new day. I refreshed several times and it came back with availability. It was so strange, even for Disney tech.

I’m guessing it will be crowded. Very crowded.

You're not the only one! I've been reading all these posts from people who got everything they wanted and wondering "How'd they do that?!" I did mine Wednesday and there were absolutely no SDMT or FOP. I got Navi but we are split into 2 people and 2 people at 2 different times and it's later in the day than I wanted. I am definitely going to keep checking to see if I can move some things around.
I stayed up until 6am CST and booked on the exact 60 day window date! Even then, my first day, there were some options I couldn't get, but the rest of the 13 days went smoothly. I ended up having to use the mobile app because the website wouldn't let me past the part where you pick your party members!

Hey, just wanted to pass on looks like LOTS more FP opened up!!! I now had my choice of days and times for everything!!! SO different than a few days ago!!
Good news. I’m getting concerned. Sunday morning is my 60 day window.

Hey, just wanted to pass on looks like LOTS more FP opened up!!! I now had my choice of days and times for everything!!! SO different than a few days ago!!
THANK YOU!!! Because of your post I logged in and found TONS of FP that weren't there two days ago. I had open availability for both FoP and SDD. And I was able to rearrange our existing FP so that they made sense.

Anyone doing Disney After Hours? Looking at this since they added dates.
I just bought 2 tickets for me and DD. I am excited about this experience! If my other DD is able to come along at the last minute, I wonder if it will sell out? If it does, I will give her my ticket, so the girls can go together.
Edit: This is our first July trip. New to the thread!

THANK YOU!!! Because of your post I logged in and found TONS of FP that weren't there two days ago. I had open availability for both FoP and SDD. And I was able to rearrange our existing FP so that they made sense.

Yes! I just posted on another board, I just realized the same thing! Was able to get SDMT and FOP! Yeah! :flower1:

I just bought 2 tickets for me and DD. I am excited about this experience! If my other DD is able to come along at the last minute, I wonder if it will sell out? If it does, I will give her my ticket, so the girls can go together.
Edit: This is our first July trip. New to the thread!

Did you have to call in to purchase the after dark tickets? I was hoping to do mine online like I did for January, but I'll make time to call if I have to. Thanks!

Our 60 day was today and we got everything we wanted with minimal effort! Slinky Dog Dash one day, Alien Swirling Saucers another. 7DMT and Frozen. Hope this eases the fears of fellow July goers!

Did you have to call in to purchase the after dark tickets? I was hoping to do mine online like I did for January, but I'll make time to call if I have to. Thanks!
Yes. I did have to call and received the tickets in the mail rather quickly! They are the style of a credit card like the old days!

Tomorrow is the day!!! I just set my alarm for 6:15am so I can be awake enough to do my Fast Passes at 7:00am.
Wish me luck.:tink:
OMG. WHAT A SH*T SHOW!!!

MDE on my laptop kept showing me Olaf with his head off, so I used my iPhone. Then my iPhone had a circle that went around and around and around until I wanted to stick a fork in my eye!!! By 7:30am, both devices were functioning, and I was able to begin.

This tier situation is a nightmare. The hour-long window of not being able to fast pass anything else is awful. We like to go early to the parks...get in, get out. It's hard to do that when you have to spread out 3 fast passes and still have an early lunch reservation.

I'm done, but not everyone will be happy. Epcot was the hardest. Everyone wanted Soarin', Frozen, and Test Track. Well that's impossible. In MK, there is no Astro Orbiter FP. Monsters Inc., didn't have any FP until after 1:30pm when we are already swimming in our Polynesian Resort pool. Good thing that we are early risers. That might be our only chance to ride so many beloved rides that I couldn't fast pass.

OMG. WHAT A SH*T SHOW!!!

MDE on my laptop kept showing me Olaf with his head off, so I used my iPhone. Then my iPhone had a circle that went around and around and around until I wanted to stick a fork in my eye!!! By 7:30am, both devices were functioning, and I was able to begin.

This tier situation is a nightmare. The hour-long window of not being able to fast pass anything else is awful. We like to go early to the parks...get in, get out. It's hard to do that when you have to spread out 3 fast passes and still have an early lunch reservation.

I'm done, but not everyone will be happy. Epcot was the hardest. Everyone wanted Soarin', Frozen, and Test Track. Well that's impossible. In MK, there is no Astro Orbiter FP. Monsters Inc., didn't have any FP until after 1:30pm when we are already swimming in our Polynesian Resort pool. Good thing that we are early risers. That might be our only chance to ride so many beloved rides that I couldn't fast pass.
Don't think I've ever seen a need for FP+ for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts